Official How to Unlock Thread

I've beaten Classic mode on Normal with 3 stock twice now with Link and I have unlocked nothing...

hoogasian5 said:
when you choose his stage
wi fi doesnt count

Sorry to be such a pain in the ass but when do you choose his stage? not in classic mode so where in the game do you get to do the choosing. Are you talking about playing against another person?

opie420 said:
Sorry to be such a pain in the ass but when do you choose his stage? not in classic mode so where in the game do you get to do the choosing. Are you talking about playing against another person?
In VS mode. you can set comp players. its 15 times then he shows up.

What the heck is up with toon link? will someone verify this? i beat it once got c falcon, and beat it again and got nothing. what setting and stuff does it have to be on??

uh so how do you unlock toon link? It's been asked like 3 times and no one has a reasonable answer. Yes, we know you can unlock him by playing 400 matches, but what's the easier way? :)

I'm guessing "complete" means beat it on the hardest level..I don't think toon link was supposed to be an easy character to acquire...

Toon Link - Complete Classic Mode with Link. (or 400 Brawls)

Complete = Beat it. No difficulty is clarified.

Also theres a way in SSE.

Last edited:
What do you mean
Complete=Beat
So your saying you beat Classic Mode with Link and fought toon link and unlock him?
What Level Easy, Normal Etc
Did you conitue?

Monsteroids said:
Toon Link - Complete Classic Mode with Link. (or 400 Brawls)

Complete = Beat it. No difficulty is clarified.

Also theres a way in SSE.
Monsteroids i know you usually know your stuff but i and like 4 other people already did this and no dice. someone did say you gotta beat SSE then go back to a certain level and theres a new door and you fight him in there. anyone verify?

I just managed to unlock sonic and I've only beaten classic once, haven't touched SSE nor do I have anywhere close to 300 brawls. How did this happen? Has anyone else seen this? I'm quite happy b/c it was going to be quite a while till I hit any of those milestones,

samXcor3 said:
Monsteroids i know you usually know your stuff but i and like 4 other people already did this and no dice. someone did say you gotta beat SSE then go back to a certain level and theres a new door and you fight him in there. anyone verify?
I say a video of that on youtube
Like 1 months ago so idk what the video is called ill look anyway for you

sorry for double post but i found it and it shows wolf jiggypuff and the others
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZsEzJ3jUVk[/MEDIA]

Anyone know bd187 from youtube well he just told me he tried that and it didnt work for toon link (Beat classic with Link) He said the only way is the SSE

Back