Official How to Unlock Thread

Easy.

My favorite way to unlock all the characters: play SSE. SSE is surprisingly easy, the cinematics are fun, and it gives you a chance to test all the characters comfortably and thoroughly as you unlock them. I've unlocked almost all the characters and I think the only one I had to fight to claim was
Captain Falcon
. I probably got him from brawl matches, anyway.

Besides that, just play (online) brawl for awhile. Both are good ways to learn the controls and strategies, and are quick access to many of the locked characters.

EDIT: I can't confirm wifi brawl counts toward required brawl match requirements.

Last edited:
Okay, I beat events 1-28 and I still dont have jigglypuff. Any help on that?

a30993 said:
But I got Sonic after only about 75 matches..

Strange.
Same with me. By any chance do you also have the bug that doesn't let you access spectator mode or wifi options?

I know how to Lucario, Play through Subspace Emissary with Meta Knight.
But I don't understand, cause in SE you can't pick your charecter, so how does that work?

Vail said:
I know how to Lucario, Play through Subspace Emissary with Meta Knight.
But I don't understand, cause in SE you can't pick your charecter, so how does that work?

Yes you can.

How far are you into SSE?

to unlock toon link you have to beat the subspace, than go back to the level "the forest". enter the door, and win the match.

THIS IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL WAY TO UNLOCK TOON LINK (without doing 300 vs. matches)

Vail said:
Me and my brother just finished with Fox and Diddy.

They'll be a point in the game when Metaknight will have to fight Lucario. Beat him, and the next time you leave SSE you should have him unlocked.

That easy.

hoogasian5 said:
Wolf COmple boss rush with fox then defeat
play 450 matches then defeat

Anyone care to tell me what the boss rush is. Also, I'm still waiting for an answer about my jigglypufff question. Thanks in advance.:yesnod:

hey i got the 10 man clasic mode n i battle sonic but i got killed cuz of the stupid final smash ran away from me

how do sonic re appear?

^I'm just taking a wild guess here, but I think you have to try classic mode one more time. If that doesnt work, I really dont know what you can do besides trying the other options.

VidyaVince said:
They'll be a point in the game when Metaknight will have to fight Lucario. Beat him, and the next time you leave SSE you should have him unlocked.

That easy.
I never said it wasen't easy. We just finished with Zero Suit Samos and Pikachu. We only did get this game today, doncha know.

I'm asking how do you get Lucario if you canno't pick your charecter. And if you can pick it, how?

Back