Official 'I have Brawl' Thread

Prez

Señor Prez
Nov 22, 2006
Pickering/Toronto
Wii Online Code
9004-9974-6002-5074
With the North American release a week away, and Japan already having the game, I decided to make this now.
So, instead of making new threads to brag that you have Brawl, please just post here.
I will ask that you please not spam up the thread with irrelevant posts. Only post if you actually do have the game.
This thread should become more popular in a weeks time.

I got it.

just got it today. my local gamestore got it in early and they were nice enough to hook me up ahead of time. so yeah i got super smash bros brawl earlier than everyone else but... i can't play it. i'm getting the disc read error that japanese gamers were getting. from the research that i have done the cause is from a dirty laser lens. Wiis that have a dirty lens have trouble reading dual layer disc(SSBB is the first DL game on the Wii) but from what i have heard there is no way to get the wii lens cleaned besides sending it to nintendo...:mad5:

neo189 said:
just got it today. my local gamestore got it in early and they were nice enough to hook me up ahead of time. so yeah i got super smash bros brawl earlier than everyone else but... i can't play it. i'm getting the disc read error that japanese gamers were getting. from the research that i have done the cause is from a dirty laser lens. Wiis that have a dirty lens have trouble reading dual layer disc(SSBB is the first DL game on the Wii) but from what i have heard there is no way to get the wii lens cleaned besides sending it to nintendo...:mad5:
shitty, if that happends to me i will cry

neo189 said:
they have discs that have bristles on them that clean the lenses. here is a pic of what they look like: http://users.telenet.be/mimesis/lens%20cleaner%20(5).jpg
they work great. i use it on my PC, DVD player, and xbox360 (havent needed to use it on my Wii yet.) you can buy them from amazon.com or any store that sells PC stuff

EDIT: nvm. i dont think it will work. i was reading up on it and it seems that they only work on devices that can play music CDs because it has to play audio tracks in order for the lens to go to the position of the disc that has the brushes on it

Last edited:
Wow, I was just about to make this very thread, except I would have called it 'The Official "I got Brawl and it r0x" thread'. Damn that Prez... always one step and eight days ahead.

*Will edit in three months or so when I, and the rest of Australian gamers get Brawl*

ive never gotten the "disc read error" on any of my games other than Metroid Prime: Corruption, and when it happens i just keep pressing the reset button till it works lol

yeah it really sucks. all my other games work.. brawl is the only one that won't. theres gotta be a way to clean the wii disc drive without sending it to nintendo or taking it apart myself. someone suggested to me to use a can of compressed air but someone else told me not to use the can but to use an actual air compresser(like that u fill tires with.) any thoughts? my only concern is that the air pressure might harm the lens but it will probably work better than anything else when it comes to cleaning dust out of the system.

Prez, do you happen to know if any Toronto stores are having a midnight release? Especially in this weather?

I preordered it before I preordered Manhunt 2.

I will be picking up mine tonight at midnight at GameStop.

As far as the air compressor; be careful with it; it should work with a straight tipped air nozzle. Also, make sure there is no condensation coming out of the air compressor to get water inside your Wii.

Celeste said:
Prez, do you happen to know if any Toronto stores are having a midnight release? Especially in this weather?
No, sorry. Haven't been keeping up with the midnight release stuff, as I have my pre-order. I've heard though that a couple EB's downtown might have them though, as well as some other stores such as Best Buy, etc..
Definitely call each individual store to ask before you assume it does or doesn't.

Hey i got my yesterday, and its awesome, now I'm at work and tired because I stayed up too late playing :(

~X

I am going to just appear at Wal-mart at midnight. I didn't pre-order or anything and according to the salesman at the store, there won't be a big rush. I'm going to call today and make sure they will sell it at midnight. i have a can of compressed air if I have the problems that other people seem to be having.

Let's hope for the best. I'm planning on maining with meta-knight and maybe sonic after I unlock him.

As far as I know, the only store in Toronto that's having one is the EBgames at Yonge and Steeles.

D1nner said:
As far as I know, the only store in Toronto that's having one is the EBgames at Yonge and Steeles.

yup they are, I called them and they said they had enough for the pre-orders and after that about 30-40 more copies left, so be there early if u want to get one.
I was getting ready to go but since i got my copy yesterday i don't have to anymore (specially with this weather).

~X

Back