Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

~Official Killzone 2 Thread~

Discussion in 'Playstation Consoles' started by SensesFail, Feb 25, 2009.

1. SensesFail

SensesFail WiiChat Member

Well with the release of Killzone 2 just a day away for those of us going to the midnight launch i figured i'd make a Killzone 2 thread. Hopefully we can keep all killzone related topics in this thread, clans tryouts, tournament talk, or if you just want to find people to play casually with.

So who's going to the midnight launch besides me? i cant wait til tomarrow.

2. Byuakuya

Byuakuya Bleach & Heroes fan.

#2 Byuakuya, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  3. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

Im gonna go get it tomorrow, but ive been so lazy that I never got around to pre-ordering the game, so hopefully I can get it :p

4. Lewi T

Lewi T WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Mine arrived today, a day before release...but no-one was in to sign for it, and the postman didn't leave it in the porch or with a neighbour. C**t. So I'll be picking it up from the Post Office tomorrow. Cannot, wait.

5. Bio

Bio WiiChat Member

I don't have a PS3, so my only anxiety is seeing the release day sales figures.

PS3 needs to come out on top, dangit.

6. SensesFail

wow.. just wow. what a ****in disappointment. i mean, the game is awesome, but besides me, 2 other people showed up at midnight. its not just my store either, i was playing it online and i was asking how many people showed up at their stores and i kept hearing like 5, 2, and one guy said he was the only one. it really bummed me out i didnt even feel like playing the game when i was driving home lol.

it's really good online though. im enjoying the hell out of it.

7. Bio

Bio WiiChat Member

^Wow. That is...depressing. =(

8. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

Well, sounds like i'll easily be getting a copy even though I didn't reserve. I knew it wouldn't be that much of a commercial success. But I do think it will sell over a mill, possibly 2.

9. SensesFail

yeah apparently they got a ton of reserves, i was looking at the list, but it was a thursday night, so that eliminates anybody who has school or work friday morning. luckily i had off or i wouldntve been going either.

i think it'll sell well but not amazing.

10. Lewi T

Lewi T WiiChat Member

0000-0000-0000-0000
    Sweet Jesus. Just done the first level. I love this game.

11. Lewi T

Lewi T WiiChat Member

0000-0000-0000-0000
    Double post but, has anyone noticed that their PS3 is running like a ***** whilst this game is on? I've only played the campaign, and it's only actually during the levels, that the fan is going crazy! It's rather loud, louder than I ever think I've heard it.

12. Byuakuya

I am loving this game.

Just a little question. How are you guys managing your sensitivity? I can't seem to find that comfortable feeling.

I haven't actually noticed an increase in the noise level though.

13. Lewi T

Lewi T WiiChat Member

0000-0000-0000-0000
    I've got mine on full, since I got used to that with the demo.

Did anyone just have to install an update for it? Bit odd, I can't find what it was for. An update already though? I wonder what it was.

14. Byuakuya

I was finding it a little fast with it on full, but I guess I will go with it.

An update already? That was pretty quick. I will have to check it out tomorrow, since I just got off.

15. SensesFail

im about to get on, ill listen for my fan lol. wonder what the update will be for, hopefully it wont take forever like usual. for some reason my ps3 jsut updates and downloads so slow, slower than my 360.

16. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

My fan already turns on for other games so im already used to it, but now I guess some people are understanding what I mean by the PS3 fan actually being louder than the 360's.

The same is solid but so far im not feeling amazed other than the graphics. The sluggish sensitivity is making this game really hard, it's hard for me to aim with it and I miss alot. Other than that it's good but nothing that hasn't been done before.

I duno if it's the game or if I am just getting tired of shooters, I need some other type games.

17. bruceleroy

bruceleroy WiiChat Member

Since you're getting tired of shooters, maybe it's time for you to join the Wii bandwagon and trade in one of your PS3/360 for a wii. This way you could play shooters in a different way (wiimote) and add some fun into it. Plus w/ the Wii, you could play all types of non-shooting games like Madworld, Punch-Out, MarioKart, Brawl, Okami, Wii sports Resort, RedSteel2(swordfighting w/ wiimotionplus), TigerWoods2010(wmplus), Pikmin, World of Goo, etc. That's why a have a PS3 and a Wii so I can get the best of both worlds.

18. SensesFail

lol the majority of us ps3 owners here sold our wiis for PS3s. (i think that includes tekn9ne as well) you dont have to promote the wii here, most of us dont like the direction it's taken and sold them already. not to say you are wrong but lets stick to the topic please.

i havent been online since thursday i dont like that you have to reach the top rank in to unlock the sniper class. thats going to take me a while.

19. zapasant

zapasant Where is your god now?

Wii Friend Code: 2887-9874-6238-6951
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    hey gues, i think i may be picking up the game tomorow

can someone fill me in on how the ranking and level up system works?

20. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

You get points for every kill you make (1 point) and if you accidently kill a teammate (happens often) you get -3 (annoying). You can also get mission points for doing stuff that has to do with the objective and some other type points, but most come from kills and mission points. If you win then it multiplies your points by 1.5

Your points are added up and that's what determines when you level up. Now Killzone is alot about grinding because in order to get new badges and weapons you have to rank up.

Here are the following ranks and point (or exp) requirements:

Private...............................0
    Corporal.............................30
    Sergeant............................100
    Sergeant 1st Class...............200
    Master Sergeant..................350
    Sergeant Major....................550
    Lieutenant..........................800
    Captain..............................1100
    Major.................................1450
    Lieutenant Colonel................1850
    Colonel...............................2300
    General...............................2800

I currently am a Sergeant 1st Class with 255 points. Today my highest scoring game was 28 points and it would have been 42 points if we won. Now, what makes it more of a grindfest is the fact that you cannot jump straight into being a medic, engineer, scout, etc. You have to level up first.

Badges and req are as follow:

Medic - Master Sergeant
    Engineer - Lieutenant
    Tactician - Major
    Assault - Lieutenant Colonel
    Saboteur - Colonel
    Scout - General

You also gain new guns in between that and apparently you can mix badges (from what I read before the release of KZ2).

But that's not all, their are also Ribbons and Medals that you can earn and when you earn a certain amount it adds more skill to your character. For example:

I have 5 natural born killer ribbons (i forgot what it was for) and after I get 3 more, I will be able to carry an extra grenade. YAY! :)

I also have 4 corpse counter ribbons and when I get 4 more it will apparently increase the amount of points I get per kill when playing "Body Count" gametype.

So yea, it's kind of RPG-ish, very cool IMO

The only downside to this game is the guns seem pretty inaccurate at longer ranges but I think you have to shoot in burst, problem is you don't die fast enough to use burst efficiently so it's easy for someone to just take cover. Unless of course you get a headshot, then they die fast, but its hard to pull off unless they're just standing there. Most headshots are just luck.

Aiming is hard because of how they made the game, so you gotta get used to it.

Overall it's a damn great game