Official Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Thread

Retro's post MP3C take on the Wii

kotaku

Retro said:
The development environment is a cakewalk to work with, and we feel we took advantage of what the hardware has to offer. I'm partial to the bloom lighting, it's a really nice effect, and we could never have done that on GameCube.
kotaku said:
So...it's just as easy to develop for...and is a better piece of kit. Wii developers, your excuses as to why 95% of games have looked #%$&-awful just went flying casually out the window, fell eight stories and smashed into a million pieces on the footpath, killing three innocent pedestrians and injuring a further seven.

TortillaChip520 said:
i know it wouldnt harm the game, but it'd just be pointless.have you played the multiplayer on Metroid Prime 2? it was horrible!! single player campaign was wonderful, regardless. What about the multiplayer on Metroid Prime? there was no multiplayer, and the game was wonderful, regardless.

either way, the game is going to be great. i am just tired of the douche bags saying "im not buying it if it doesnt have wifi"
I never said that, and your making an assumption based on an almost 3 year old game. Thats what I am saying, its an obstacle worth over coming. My biggest problem is that their are no FPS games on Wii even being announced really asside of MP3. and MP3 controls great, looks great, and has the ability to go online. With the X-Ray Visor, and Xray gun. Along with the other beams implemented into the game. I think it would be a nice addition.

Doc141 said:
I never said that, and your making an assumption based on an almost 3 year old game. Thats what I am saying, its an obstacle worth over coming. My biggest problem is that their are no FPS games on Wii even being announced really asside of MP3. and MP3 controls great, looks great, and has the ability to go online. With the X-Ray Visor, and Xray gun. Along with the other beams implemented into the game. I think it would be a nice addition.
i realize you didnt say that, im just tired of the ppl that do. what i'm saying, is that there is no obstacle to overcome. redsteel. scarface.godfather. all FPS, why not them? besides, many people debate that metroid prime games arent even fps, they are first person adventure.

I'll be getting this game, but I'm upset that there won't be any online for this game. Actually, it's just pure stupid that it's not going to have it.

Whatever, I'll still get it. :O

toXic said:
I'll be getting this game, but I'm upset that there won't be any online for this game. Actually, it's just pure stupid that it's not going to have it.

Whatever, I'll still get it. :O

perfect example.:mad2: :mad2:

well i just beat mp2 and i cant wait till mp3 :p

if it plays as good as the game play videos its by all means gonna be the best metroid game ever

TortillaChip520 said:
i realize you didnt say that, im just tired of the ppl that do. what i'm saying, is that there is no obstacle to overcome. redsteel. scarface.godfather. all FPS, why not them? besides, many people debate that metroid prime games arent even fps, they are first person adventure.
That's besides the point. your saying that having an online multiplayer mode would do nothing for the game, good or bad. Well even if its multiplayer wasn't all that good, it would still be a way to increase replay value. Are you denying that some sort of online multiplayer would increase the replay value of the game?

no, im saying there is no point to multiplayer, if it's no good. but hey, maybe they should've had Twilight Princess online, eh? in fact, im not buying another zelda game unless it has online.

TortillaChip520 said:
redsteel. scarface.godfather. all FPS, why not them?

Indeed, why not? We're waiting.

So far though, no 3rd party has brought to Nintendo systems the solid gameplay that is vital to online FPS (in order for there to be a several year multiplayer frenzy on a game--it has to have near-perfect controls that can be mastered. If the controls suffer, ala Red Steel, it's worthless for that category). Nintendo promised to take care of hardcore players too. If you want to stop hearing the whining, join in. Maybe they'll finally listen and fill out the lineup.

TortillaChip520 said:
no, im saying there is no point to multiplayer, if it's no good. but hey, maybe they should've had Twilight Princess online, eh? in fact, im not buying another zelda game unless it has online.
Twilight Princess is a single player Adventure, yes so is Metroid Prime 3. But the key difference between those two games is that one has a valid reason to be online. and We know Zelda can do good multiplayer from 4 swords adventure, but thats besides the point. As I said, you dont know if it would be good or bad. your basing your assumption off of a 3 year old game.

redsteel couldve been fine for online. thrown in a couple more maps and a few more weapons.

getting back to the point...
i agree. the wii needs a good, online fps, but MP3 is just not the one.

Doc141 said:
Twilight Princess is a single player Adventure, yes so is Metroid Prime 3. But the key difference between those two games is that one has a valid reason to be online. and We know Zelda can do good multiplayer from 4 swords adventure, but thats besides the point. As I said, you dont know if it would be good or bad. your basing your assumption off of a 3 year old game.
so what if it's a 3 year old game? i still play it! what is the valid reason it should be online...because you shoot stuff?? so? metroid prime 2 and twilight princess are VERY alike, believe it or not. people dont complain about zelda not having online play.

TortillaChip520 said:
so what if it's a 3 year old game? i still play it! what is the valid reason it should be online...because you shoot stuff?? so? metroid prime 2 and twilight princess are VERY alike, believe it or not. people don't complain about zelda not having online play.
no they don't. Because Zelda Twilight Princess isn't the type of game that SHOULD have it! People don't expect Zelda to have it. But when a First Person Shooter (or First Person 'ADVENTURE' That uses a Gun primarily) comes out it is very anticipated to have multiplayer. I never said that single player will suck. I think it will rule. And as much as I love revisiting the same old stuff over and over again, I think it would be much funner to be able to play with a friend! Co-Op, Deathmatch, Whatever!

And stop saying "well in MP2 it sucked" because that is an invalid point. For 1, I sort of liked it. It wasn't that bad. Nothing classic, but it wasn't that bad. And MP3 TOTALLY has the ability to have a good deathmatch online mode, so what should stop if from having said mode? It would increase the replay value, and definitely make it a more valuable game. It would up the profits quite a bit for people who aren't already getting it just because its Metroid.

So stop arguing about it. Saying that putting in a multiplayer would do no positive to the game is a completely arrogant statement. Of course it would.

Even if it's not that good, yes we would be disappointed, but we WOULD still have a good single player, but chances are that an online multiplayer would hold us off longer until a better FPS comes around.

AND LET ME BE MORE SPECIFIC ON THE "ITS A 3 YEAR OLD GAME REMARK"

They have had plenty of time to IMPROVE the multiplayer

well, despite what you think, im really not trying to argue w/ you. i am simply expressing my opinion, but our opinions clash. which, is fine.

i dont think multiplayer on mp2 sucked, it just wasnt anything amazing, and i think that'd be the case w/ mp3. Except, if it were online people WOULD be expecting somekthing amazing, and when they didnt get what they expected, it'd get bashed to oblivion.

also, i realize you said the single player will not suck. there is nothing you can do to the game w/out changing the single player to make it suck.

i just dont wanna see my favorite game get bashed when it's done nothing wrong.

Back