Official Need For Speed ProStreet Thread

Worst Graphics. No Custom Soundtrack. Worst Soundtrack. Worst announcer. Annoying as hell. Turning off the EA Jukebox doesn't work. If I turn the announcer off, I just hear the terrible music better. This game is a lose lose situation. Its a piece of garbage just like EA playground.

I've determined that EA hates the Wii and their team developing for nintendo must be a handicapped human and 3 monkeys.

Mako said:
Worst Graphics. No Custom Soundtrack. Worst Soundtrack. Worst announcer. Annoying as hell. Turning off the EA Jukebox doesn't work. If I turn the announcer off, I just hear the terrible music better. This game is a lose lose situation. Its a piece of garbage just like EA playground.

I've determined that EA hates the Wii and their team developing for nintendo must be a handicapped human and 3 monkeys.
I disagree I liked SSX: Blur.
(and don't say it sux because of hard controls)

I refuse to buy a racing game besides Mario Kart for the Wii. Xbox 360 is my console of choice for racing games, which I'm sure the game is a bit better on, at least graphics wise. From what I've seen the cars look pretty good, but the handling has some faults.

EDIT: Just played the demo, forgot I had downloaded it onto my 360. I can see why it got a 6.8, handling is terrible, no sense of speed, no throttle response, graphics look good, and I have no complaints with the soundtrack. If I were to get a game based of its demo I would definitely pick Juiced 2: HIN over this. I like being able to modify my cars, but I like them to be somewhat fun to drive, driving the cars in the demo was more of a chore than anything.

Last edited:
JAKE196 said:
I disagree I liked SSX: Blur.
(and don't say it sux because of hard controls)

Hmm... Never got to play SSX Blur... BUT NFS:pS is so terrible. haha i'm so disappointed in this game. Doesn't it make sense to map the nitrous button to some direction on the d-pad? not the B button where it's awkward to press in the first place, or I hit it accidently when desperately trying to make a hairpin turn with my crap 240sx that doesn't wanna respond... Then at least give us control options. or are there some? the menus suck so bad I couldn't take going through them after I realized I couldn't turn off the worst music ever made by mankind...

I think the graphics for NFS Prostreet is quite good for the Wii, no idea why people are complaining. One person on here said they looked like ps1 graphics, bullcrap! Do you not even remember how the ps1 graphics were? Also, to all those that complain about the graphics of games for the Wii: did you all expect graphics to be that great on the Wii? I sure didn't. The graphics are still good. I am also not sure why this racing game is getting bad reviews because I am finding it very addictive not to mention VERY hard. I am pretty much stuck on the drag racing wheelie bit. I can't seem to make my cars high enough horse power to even do a long wheelie.

MrKlown said:
I think the graphics for NFS Prostreet is quite good for the Wii, no idea why people are complaining. One person on here said they looked like ps1 graphics, bullcrap! Do you not even remember how the ps1 graphics were? Also, to all those that complain about the graphics of games for the Wii: did you all expect graphics to be that great on the Wii? I sure didn't. The graphics are still good. I am also not sure why this racing game is getting bad reviews because I am finding it very addictive not to mention VERY hard. I am pretty much stuck on the drag racing wheelie bit. I can't seem to make my cars high enough horse power to even do a long wheelie.

It's good you like it. I haven't gotten to doing wheelie's in drag racing, but in real life it is dependent on torque. Try to up your torque if there's a setting for it.

I don't think there is an actual setting for it, I aint really sure though. I just know I am down to one car now after I spent every cent I had (including selling every car just to build one drag car) into a Ford GT since it's one of my dream cars. I bet this game is beautiful on an awesome PC but alas I can't afford to update my pc hehe.

EDIT: Do you happen to know any cheats for it? I am broke on the game and don't feel like starting over. I already entered in that 'cashmoney' cheat that EA gave me for registering it.

Mako said:
It's good you like it. I haven't gotten to doing wheelie's in drag racing, but in real life it is dependent on torque. Try to up your torque if there's a setting for it.
Uhh... A setting for torque? How idiotic do you think the people at EA are and the developers of this game? Only way to gain torque in real life is to upgrade engine components and make sure the drive-line is stout enough to handle it, and I'm sure they're not going to go and make it to where you can move a slider over on a setting and boom more torque.

Need For Speed: Carbon was like that. Slide the slider for more torque and less horsepower..

Carbon was a joke, the direction of that game was terrible, I was greatly disappointed with it and never bothered finishing it.

haha, the idea of having a slider adjusting torque is laughable, i cant believe that wss ever implemented on anything post-1990.
The graphics stuffs perhaps a little controversial as its difficult to prove, but i imagine this games got ported over as fast as possible from the console it was designed for (most prob 360) which is fair enough but it generally meens its not all it could be - in terms of play or, i suspect graphics on the Wii.

Back