Official Pokemon Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Sounds exciting, to say the least. It does spark my interest. As soon as CK gets back, I'll trade him my Battle Team and try it on Platinum.

Im doing a run on Leaf Green. Sorry I couldnt update earlier, I was out of town. Heres my rules:

My rules:

-Release Pokemon if it faints
-Can only catch first Pokemon in each area
-Can only hold up to 3 healing items (Potions, Antidote, Ethers, etc)
-Battle Style must be Set, not Shift

Props for using Set, Nick. Me using it meant death for my Staravia (I always have Set on, no matter the playthrough type), so... it's a lot more hindering than people think.

Holy balls at the healing item rule though, Nick. That takes guts, but it's certainly doable (Lemonade, Full Heals, Fresh Waters early game, Hyper Potions, Full Heals, Full Restores end game).

I feel your pain about the crits... DX

Let's see, where was I... Oh, right, Solaceon. Did a lot, so more slimming down...

Into the Solaceon Ruins, I found a crap-ton of items, caught an unown, and immediatly traded my Machoke back and forth between games, evolving it. Then, I left towards Route 210. I encountered a Scyther immediatly, hence I was happy, and managed to catch it! But I discovered it had a Timid nature... DAMNIT! Ups it's already high speed, and lowers attack. Absolutely useless. Moving on...

Taking a right to 215, I battled my way through plenty of trainers, leveling up Roselia primarily. A few close calls, remedied by a Super Potion or two, but nothing scary yet. I was ecstatic to find the Staravia I was hoping for near the end of the route, and caught it promptly; to discover it also has a Timid nature... ... ...

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU-

Ariving at Veilstone with two Timid natures in tow, I promptly destroyed the gym with my Machamp and Roselia, and proceeded to beat up the Galactic goons. Obtained Fly, and taught it to Staravia. I wanted to teach Machamp some Tutor moves via shards, so off to the underground in Eterna! But two hours of item farming, and all I got were some stones, an Icicle Plate, and some items to sell... Not a single blue shard; I need 6 of them for any Punch move. Only have 2. -.-; Defeated, I flew back to Veilstone...

After getting a Porygon for free, I went off to Pastoria. This was 3 AM, so my stupidity level was over 9000; hence me leaving Roselia in on a Geodude to catch it. When it selfdestructed, my heart sank; but I didn't need to sulk, since Roselia survived with a miraculous 2 HP... oh thank god. After healing, continue trainer grinding, and off to Lake Valor.

Trying to find another Staravia, but all I got was a Girafarig (WITH ANOTHER F**KING TIMID NATURE! GRAH!). I'll be out of Staravia locations soon. =/ Right outside of Pastoria, I found a Wingull instead of a Staravia, ugh... When I arrived in Pastoria, I hunted the great marsh, only to find a Wooper, and promptly leave. I'm not catching anything useful...

I left to route 212 to hopefully find a Staravia, but again I'm disappointed when I catch a Shellos instead. WHY AM I GETTING ALL THESE CRAPPY WATER TYPES?! DX

Again, this was late at night, so when I got to Backlot's Trophy Garden, I didn't stop to think Kricketunes and Kricketots plagued the place at night. So I caught a Kricketune instead of my beloved Staravia... Damnit! T_T

Back to Pastoria again, I trashed the gym leader, beat up a Galactic Grunt, and moved on to Celestic Town. On the way, I scoured literally the entire route with my Dowser to find a Shiny Stone, only to discover you need Surf to get it... I only thought "screw it", and after easily defeating Cyrus, moved onto Canalave. I immediatly went to Iron Island, and again scoured the entire place with my dowser. Found a lot of healing items and star pieces, but... eh. Figures the Shiny Stone was in the last room of the dungeon; not even needing to be dowsed. -.-

Regardless, back to Canalave, we evolve our Roselia to Roserade, and save. Ok, I'm not going to update so spaciously anymore, atleast once between each badge. :lol:

Stealing Nick's format for TL;DR:

-Caught a rediculous amount of bad nature/water pokes!
-Got two more badges easily!
-Wasted a lot of time, effort, and money...
-Evolved Roselia to Roserade!

Current Team:

Machamp Lv. 44 @ Fist Plate
Sassy Nature
Moveset:

Cross Chop
Revenge
Payback
Vital Throw

Needs some offensive type variety, I know... Would have some if I was given some blue shards. -_-;

Roserade @ Big Root
Docile Nature
Moveset:

Stun Spore
Petal Dance
Giga Drain
Magical Leaf

Same issue as Machamp. As soon as I get Sludge Bomb, it's getting it.

Empoleon @ Iron Plate
Timid (ARGH!) Nature
Moveset:

Metal Claw
Surf
Brine
Peck

Will be replacing Metal Claw with Flash Cannon after gym, and Peck with anything; Ice Beam, maybe.

And then, Floatzel (Route 218), Graveler, and an egg [both from Iron Island(unhatched Riolu)]. Which brings up an issue I just realized; they're both from iron island... guess that egg's being released once it hatches. .-. I gotta stop playing Nuzlocke Challenges when I'm dead-tired. XD

DP, woopeedoo.

Shorter update! =D

As you'd expect, I went straight for the gym apon turning on my DS. Machamp and Empoleon OHKO'd everything, literally. A paralyzed Machamp with Guts is a frightening poke when it lands super effective STAB moves. :lol: ... Well, unless it can't move 3 times in a row... which has happened every time it's gotten paralyzed so far... WHATTHESHITHAX?!

Byron was crushed, badge #6 is mine. Moving on! Galactic bomb goes off in Lake Valor, so we go and crush many grunts, and take on Galactic Admin Saturn. Toxicroak took two surfs, but... can't say anything good for his other pokes, lol. The galactics retreat, and it's off to Lake Verity!

Before beating the second pair of grunts, I took the liberty of lobbing a Dusk Ball at a Starly, lv. 2. Yes, I'm serious. Returning to the center, I'm happy to see it has a Docile nature (nuetral), the same as Roserade! :D Slap on an EXP. Share, and back to Verity.

Pwnt Mars for the second time (again, Purugly survived two surfs; and did a measly 20 damage back with a Crit :lol: ), and we stocked up on items for our journy to Snowpoint. I scoured Mt. Coronet and the Routes to Snowpoint with the Dowser and found a plethora of items; happily, two blue shards... Only two more now. .-.

Caught a Sneasel, and killed a Snover accidentally (it died from Empoleon's peck for god's sake...). Many trainers later, Starly evolved, and by the time we finish invading Galactic HQ, I'm sure I'll have a Staraptor ready for battle! :D I gave it a crapton of vitamins, after all (10 protein, 6 carbos, and whatever Irons and HP Ups I had on me). Save at the center, and next time I'll tackle gym 7; another easy one for Empoleon and Machamp.

To sum things up;

-Got a gym badge; #6!
-Crushed both Galactic Admins!
-Caught a non-Timid Starly and evolved it! :D
-Caught a Sneasel!

-Found lots of hidden items.
-Killed a wild Snover...

Team as of now:

Empoleon @ Wise Glasses Lv. 48
Torrent
Moveset:

Flash Cannon (courtesy of gym 6)
Surf
Brine
Peck

Roserade @ Big Root Lv. 48
Poison Point
Moveset:

Shadow Ball
Petal Dance
Giga Drain
Magical Leaf (soon to be replaced by Sludge Bomb)

Machamp @ Fist Plate Lv. 48
Guts
Moveset: (no changes)

Cross Chop
Revenge
Payback
Vital Throw

Staravia @ Exp. Share Lv. 31
Intimidate
Moveset:

Defog (deleting ASAP)
Wing Attack (replace with Close Combat)
Fly
Aerial Ace (replace with anything, maybe Return once friendship is max)

Graveler Lv. 31, Bidoof Lv. 4. Both are HM slaves, although I'll replace Bidoof with a Bibarel/Floatzel soon.

I gotta stop playing Nuzlocke Challenges when I'm dead-tired. XD

You get tired, CK? Us cyborgs never get tired.......you fleshys are so weak.

I guess your doing pretty good, CK. I wouldent worry so much about natures, through. Theyre not really that important. I dont think so, at least.

Now obviously, with Slowbro gone, I need a replacement Water-type. After all, If I didnt have one Id have to kill myself. So I just decide to grind my Lapras up to lv. 45. And Lapras has Shell Armor, so it cant be hit by crits! Ha ha, yeah.

I Surf from Pallet Town to Cinnabar, and get the key from Pokemon Mansion. Lapras tears through Blaines Gym with no problem. Bill drags me to the Sevii Islands and forces me to do his job. I catch a lv. 37 Slowbro there, and when I get back to Kanto, I trade it for some dudes Lickitung. I plan to use it as a backup member in case something dies.

Lapras completely owned Giovanni. I really think its too overpowered...but whatever. 8 badges, yeah! Now time to take on the League!.....but not before another battle with my rival, Blue. He was actually a little bit tough, due to having higher levels then me. Believe it or not, Blastoises Water Gun took out 3/4ths of Fearows health with a Rain Dance boost. Geez, good thing it didnt know Surf or Hydro Pump.

Victory road was a freaking b-tch. The trainers had extremely overpowered Pokemon, all my Pokemon almost got killed. But I managed to get through without anything dying, and I didnt heal the entire time, except for one Full Restore, I think.

When I got to the league, my team was around lv. 47. Im not using any items in the league, so Ill probably grind them up to about lv. 60. That wont be for a while, however, because Ill be at camp this entire week.

To sum it up:

-Trained up Lapras
-Beat Blaine
-Got Lickitung as a backup Pokemon
-Beat Giovanni
-Got to the Pokemon League
-Going to grind for levels

Current team:

Charizard (Lizardon) lv. 52

Flamethrower
Mega kick
Fly
Steel wing

Fearow (Fluzzard) lv. 50

Drill Peck
Secret Power
Mirror Move
Agility

Graveler (Bigoron) lv. 50

Rock Slide
Earthquake
Rollout
Double Edge

Pinsir (Stagtite) lv. 50

Strength
Brick Break
Revenge
Swords Dance

Victreebel (Sapsack) lv. 50

Acid
Secret power
Giga Drain
Sleep powder

Lapras (Nessie) lv. 51

Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Confuse Ray

Ill probably teach Sunny Day to something, due to the benefits it gives to some of my team, notably Charizard and Victreebel. Ill replace Victreebels Acid with either Sunny Day or SolarBeam, if I can even find the TM for the later. I want to keep Giga Drain in case it needs to heal. I might also teach Rain Dance to something in case I need to stop Sunny Day immediately, like if Im up against a Fire-type. Any other suggestions?

Last edited:
I guess your doing pretty good, CK. I wouldent worry so much about natures, through. Theyre not really that important. I dont think so, at least.

Lapras has Shell Armor, so it cant be hit by crits! Ha ha, yeah.

Ill probably teach Sunny Day to something, due to the benefits it gives to some of my team, notably Charizard and Victreebel. Ill replace Victreebels Acid with either Sunny Day or SolarBeam, if I can even find the TM for the later. I want to keep Giga Drain in case it needs to heal. I might also teach Rain Dance to something in case I need to stop Sunny Day immediately, like if Im up against a Fire-type. Any other suggestions?

Natures can be important, Nick. What if my Staravia had a +Def nature, and it barely survived that crit from S****ank? I'd have a rediculously beefed up more team by 10 levels each or so, since I wouldn't have to let my Staravia absorb all the experience right now.

Or, what if my Machamp had a -Def +Spe nature? Machamp literally outruns nothing, as it's speed is like a Slowbro with a +1 speed boost. XD And if he has less defense, and since he's slow, he'd die quickly and be of no consequence. As long as the nature doesn't hinder the pokemon, it's usable. If it does the way it did to that lv. 22 Staravia, it would of been useless. Spoiler, my Staravia evolved (omgNOWAI!) and could barely OHKO Golbats once it got up in the levels. If it had less attack via that Timid nature, it would of gotten pwnt by almost everything, since it'd only 2HKO the weakest things like aforementioned Golbats and Glameows, and maybe 3HKO Purugly's, and not get even close to a 3HKO for a Gyarados or something.

So my point is, natures really affect a pokemon's use, and it's all or nothing in a Nuzlocke challenge, so I don't want my Staravia being useless after pumping all that Exp. into it. I don't want to grind on this playthrough, so... yeah. =P Straight through the entire time (except for the Empoleon grinding... had to in order to stand a chance against Fantina =P).

... I wish my entire team had Shell Armor... T_T

Don't you get Solarbeam in the mansion in Cinnabar? Or did they swap it out for Sunny Day in FR/LG (if they did, you'd of gotten Sunny Day on the bottom floor, right?)? Can't remember.

Anywho, time for the update!

Off to the gym! Empoleon and Machamp cleaned up with Flash Cannon and Revenge/Vital Throw respectively, easy gym with nothing epic or worrisome. Running off to Acuity and then to Galactic HQ, time for a home invasion!

Got Sludge Bomb for Roserade! =D 90 Base Power STAB without Petal Dance's negative effect. Epic. None of the Galactic Grunts stood a chance; except for the scientist that nearly OHKO'd my just-evolved Staraptor with Psychic. Staraptor's Sp. Def with a pathetic 45 at level 36... I was in disbelief. All of it's stats are very low, actually, horrid IVs. But I kept training it regardless.

Actually, I did stupid things on the way up to Cyrus... In a double battle, I had Staraptor use Fly and Empoleon Surf, and Empoleon attacked first! DX I was positively puzzled to see that a STEEL-CLAD PENGUIN outran a gigantic bird. Nearly OHKO'd Staraptor like that Kadabra... Too many close calls. @_@ Shows what 10 levels can do when a pokemon just evolved; Empoleon only outran it by 5 speed points.

Moving on! Cyrus was pwnt unepically, what a suprise. So off to Coronet! I found a crapton of good items on the way up, but I only needed to use a Full Heal or two (parafusion=insanity) and some Fresh Waters for my still weak Staraptor. The Mars and Jupiter were owned, even with my shitty rival doubles partner doing literally NOTHING to help. Off into the distortion world!

A quick ways down, and it's time for the epic Cyrus battle! Cue epic battle music here.

I had Staraptor waiting for Gyarados; but to my atonishment, he sent out Houndoom first... @!*$!!! Close combat disbanded it, but now Staraptor was in serious danger of being OHKO'd; and what does he send out? Weavile, ugh. I was afraid it had Pursuit, but sent out Empoleon anyways. Ice Punch did nothing on it. Flash Cannon OHKO'd. And here comes what I was waiting for; Gyarados.

I was hesitant to send in Staraptor, but I predicted an Earthquake for my Steel penguin, and sent it in; I was right. Intimidate, no damage switch, sweet! Out goes Machamp, taking only 20 damage or so from Ice Fang.

But now it gets close... Waterfall does enough to 4HKO Machamp, so I need to act fast; if I get flinched twice, Machamp is near-death. I taught it Rock Slide, so I went with it. 1 shot nearly OHKO'd Gyara, so turn two, I got flinched though... 55 HP left, enough to take one more Waterfall. Go, Rock Slide! Victory is within gras--

Gyarados randomly uses Giga Impact; a move only 10 Power strong than Waterfall when factoring in STAB. Machamp would of survived in the single digits at the least, I know; BUT IT GETS A CRITICAL HIT! GAAAAAAAH!!! Damn you Nick and your Shell Armor! DX DX DX Into the nexus goes Machamp... My hardest hitting poke... Ugh!

REVENGE. Staraptor goes in to 3HKO with Fly, taking only half health from the twice-intimidated Gyarados' Ice Fang. Honchkrow is promptly handled by a switch to Empoleon, with 2HKO's with Surf, and takes near-no damage from a Drill Peck and Night Slash. Cyrus' last pokemon, a Crobat, is also promptly 2HKO'd, although Empoleon took confusion damage once. Supersonic fail... Them damn Zubats and their confusion and them speedy-ass evolutions...

UGH! Cyrus was defeated, but I lost one of my most reliable pokes. Machamp was never close to being one-shotted with his great HP and workable defenses, and OHKO'd pretty much everything not resisting Revenge. So much for that...

Moving onto Giratina, screw it. I lost my Machamp that had Payback, lob a masterball, and throw that damned ghost-dragon into my PC forever. I don't plan on using legendaries this playthrough.

After releasing my best fighting type, save. Game. ... Ugh.

To sum things up...

-Machamp fainted! Into the nexus...
-Defeated Cyrus and disbanded Team Galactic; or did I... ?
-Staraptor has become a full-fledged team player!
-Caught Giratina w/ masterball, not using legendaries regardless.
-Got our 7th badge!

Pretty much anything done in this update was all major stuff; I dragged the post out too much, another big post... uh, woops. :lol: But hey, it was the main boss of the game. =P

... Well Nick, you certainly jinxed me... DX

Natures can be important, Nick. What if my Staravia had a +Def nature, and it barely survived that crit from S****ank? I'd have a rediculously beefed up more team by 10 levels each or so, since I wouldn't have to let my Staravia absorb all the experience right now.

Or, what if my Machamp had a -Def +Spe nature? Machamp literally outruns nothing, as it's speed is like a Slowbro with a +1 speed boost. XD And if he has less defense, and since he's slow, he'd die quickly and be of no consequence. As long as the nature doesn't hinder the pokemon, it's usable. If it does the way it did to that lv. 22 Staravia, it would of been useless. Spoiler, my Staravia evolved (omgNOWAI!) and could barely OHKO Golbats once it got up in the levels. If it had less attack via that Timid nature, it would of gotten pwnt by almost everything, since it'd only 2HKO the weakest things like aforementioned Golbats and Glameows, and maybe 3HKO Purugly's, and not get even close to a 3HKO for a Gyarados or something.

So my point is, natures really affect a pokemon's use, and it's all or nothing in a Nuzlocke challenge, so I don't want my Staravia being useless after pumping all that Exp. into it. I don't want to grind on this playthrough, so... yeah. =P Straight through the entire time (except for the Empoleon grinding... had to in order to stand a chance against Fantina =P).

I guess you have a point. If my Charizard didnt have a Jolly nature, it might not have outran that Alakazam. Then it might have killed my entire team. So I see what your saying about natures being important, but if a Pokemon has a bad nature, it dosnt mean its useless.

Dur, Giga Impact only has 10 more power then STAB Waterfall. Oh crap, my Machamp died!

Uh....Waterfall has 80 power, and Giga Impact has 150. With STAB, Waterfalls power goes up to 120.

So....

150 - 120 = 10 ???????

Honestly, Im glad your Machamp died. I was getting jealous because you evolved it by trade, something I cant do with my Graveler because none of my friends have LG or FR. I dont want an ugly mud-man, I want an awesome rock-turtle!!

Edit: Actually, I managed to find someone who actually owns Fire Red. So I have my Golem now.

!!! Damn you Nick and your Shell Armor! DX DX DX Into the nexus goes Machamp... My hardest hitting poke... Ugh!

lol, I bet you really hate Lapras now. Probably just as much as Gible and Zangoose.

Last edited:
Here we go, starting my... SAVELESS, Nuzlocke Challenge. I shall edit this as I play today:

Player name: Nuz

Rival Name: Locke

I'm going with Turtwig, because I never have in all my days of Platinum, and Piplup was already taken. I want to make each run a little different.
*Tutorial Break #1*
Named Turtwig Gau. Honoring the Final Fantasy games I own by naming my Pkmn a different characters name each time.
Went and bought 10 Pokeballs + Premier ball. My luck is too awful not to have extra Pokeballs with me.
*Tuorial Break #2*
Anyways, went into route 202, and just what I expected, a f*cking Bidoof.
Gau used Tackle, knocking less than 1/2 way down. Hoping it would do something else, I waited.
And waited.

Well, caught a level 3 Bidoof. He best serve me well. I'll kill him in a double battle otherwise.
Bidoof's a tricky one to name: but I ended up going with Hope. Hate him in the beginning, but a strong feeling he'll be important in my adventure later on.

Went up to Route 204 and caught a Kricketot. Hmm. Weird.
203 accidently crit against a Starly, disappointing.
Am I allowed to catch the first thing in the Mine and caves?

Last edited:
OK, I grinded my Leaf Green team to about lv. 55, and I think Im ready to take on the Elite Four. Heres my team:

Charizard (lizardon) lv. 55

Flamethrower
Steel Wing
Fly
Mega Kick

Golem (Bigoron)lv. 53

Rock Slide
Earthquake
Double-Edge
Explosion

Fearow (Fluzzard) lv. 53

Drill Peck
Secret Power
Mirror Move
Agility

Victreebel (Sapsack) lv. 55

Acid
Secret Power
Sleep Powder
Giga Drain

Pinsir (Stagtite) lv. 53

Brick Break
Revenge
Strength
Swords Dance

Lapras (Nessie) lv. 54

Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Confuse Ray

Just keep in mind Ill have TMs Ill be teaching my Pokemon inside the Elite Four itself, so Ill be sure to post any moveset changes.

Oh, also.....Remember that Im not using any items. Arnt I insane?

Loreli

Loreli, the Ice-type member. My Lapras managed to OHKO of 2HKO most of her Pokemon with Thunderbolt. Her Lapras was the only one that gave me any trouble, Body Slamming Nessie down to half health and Paralyzing it. Ugg...luckily, I killed it in only 2 turns, thanks to a Critical hit. Bet you wish your Lapras had Shell Armor, Loreli! Ha ha....

The Fighting-type member. First, I had by Victreebel kill his Onix, and he sends out Hitmonchan. I put it to sleep and switch out to Pinsir. I get in three Swords-dances before it wakes up, and proceed to sweep the rest of his team. Very easy.

The f-cking evil member. I lost Fearow and Golem in the battle against her, and my Charizard got severely beaten up.

I really dont think Ill be able to win this...I should have trained my Pokemon better.....

-Golem dies
-Fearow dies

-Replaced Lapras's Thunderbolt with Rest
-Replaced Charizards Steel Wing with Dragon Claw

Lance

Lance...the Final member of the Elite Four. I had Lapras heal with Rest when his Gyarados was out. It woke up with half its health still remaining, so I Confused Gyarados. I went through a cycle of Resting and Confusing until its health was almost gone, where I killed it with Ice Beam.

Aerodactyl gave me some trouble. Ancient Power took out half of Lapras's health in one shot, but I managed to Confuse it and murder it with an Ice Beam. It was a walk in the park from there, since everything else was OHKOd by Ice Beam.

Wow, I managed to get past Lance without anything dying! Maybe I actually can beat Blue, and become the Champion....

The next battle....is against the Champion....I hope I can actually pull it off.

-Replaced Charizards Mega Kick with Earthquake
-Replaced Victreebels Secret Power with Solar Beam
-Replaced Pinsirs Sword Dance with Sunny Day

Current team:

Charizard (Lizardon)
Lapras (Nessie)
Pinsir (Stagtite)
Victreebel (Sapsack)

Champion Blue

Here it is....the final battle against Blue. I only have 4 team members left, I hope I can make it...

First, Blue sends out his Pidgeot. My Lapras easily kills it with Ice Beam, although it gets hit with a Sand Attack.

Next, he sends out Rhydon....wow, great choice. One Surf and its dead.

Now its Exegutors turn! Great choice, right? Wrong. Ice Beam ownage.

Yes, I took out half his team without losing a single Pokemon! What could go wrong?....holy ****, its Alakazam. Lapras barely survives its Psychic attack, and takes out half its health with a Surf. Then it proceeds to wipe-out Lapras.....damn.

Alright, I think its time Pinsir got a shot at this. It manages to get up Sunny Day before being murdered...but thats all I needed. With Sunny Day up, Victreebel will be able to outrun it, due to Chlorophyll, and kill it with SolarBeam. If Lapras's Surf takes out half its health, wouldent SolarBeam kill it?

Wrong. Alakazam survives the SolarBeam with literally like 5 health left, and kills Victreebel with Psychic. Shiiit.... I have Charizard hit it with an Earthquake just as Blue heals Alakazam with a Full Restore. Now, if my lv. 55 Charizard with low health dosnt outrun this thing, its toast. But Alakazam is two levels higher, so thats almost impossible....

NO! Charizard actually outruns it! Yeah! Just like it did with Sabrina!

Now Im really in a corner. Charizard is my last Pokemon. If it faints, then its all over....and of course, Blue goes and sends out his Blastoise.....hooray, now Im officially screwed. Oh well....here goes one last Earthquake! If Im lucky, maybe I can still win!

-Blastoise used Hydro Pump! Its super-effective!

NOOOOO!!!! I LOST!!!!! NOO!!
....but....thats....impossible...

Why wasnt my team strong enough? I didnt have any problems up until now....Dangitt....

...I just dont understand.

Last edited:
Neosquid said:
Dur, Giga Impact only has 10 more power then STAB Waterfall. Oh crap, my Machamp died!

Uh....Waterfall has 80 power, and Giga Impact has 150. With STAB, Waterfalls power goes up to 120.

So....

150 - 120 = 10 ???????

Honestly, Im glad your Machamp died. I was getting jealous because you evolved it by trade, something I cant do with my Graveler because none of my friends have LG or FR. I dont want an ugly mud-man, I want an awesome rock-turtle!!

Edit: Actually, I managed to find someone who actually owns Fire Red. So I have my Golem now.

!!! Damn you Nick and your Shell Armor! DX DX DX Into the nexus goes Machamp... My hardest hitting poke... Ugh!

lol, I bet you really hate Lapras now. Probably just as much as Gible and Zangoose.

I cant's do's maths... ... ...

What cruel words, Nick. :lol: In irony, I finished my Plat Nuzlocke ages ago, and started my Emerald; I got a Golem barely halfway through the game. ;D ... And, it died from a crit. T_T Happy now, Nick? .-.

... Just seeing the word "Gible" made me twitch a bit. Havn't seen hide nor hair of the asshat since my computer died. That, was a good thing. -.-

DON'T GET ME STARTED ON ZANGOOSE! :mad:

Here we go, starting my... SAVELESS, Nuzlocke Challenge. I shall edit this as I play today:

Player name: Nuz

Rival Name: Locke

I'm going with Turtwig, because I never have in all my days of Platinum, and Piplup was already taken. I want to make each run a little different.
*Tutorial Break #1*
Named Turtwig Gau. Honoring the Final Fantasy games I own by naming my Pkmn a different characters name each time.
Went and bought 10 Pokeballs + Premier ball. My luck is too awful not to have extra Pokeballs with me.
*Tuorial Break #2*
Anyways, went into route 202, and just what I expected, a f*cking Bidoof.
Gau used Tackle, knocking less than 1/2 way down. Hoping it would do something else, I waited.
And waited.

Well, caught a level 3 Bidoof. He best serve me well. I'll kill him in a double battle otherwise.
Bidoof's a tricky one to name: but I ended up going with Hope. Hate him in the beginning, but a strong feeling he'll be important in my adventure later on.

Went up to Route 204 and caught a Kricketot. Hmm. Weird.
203 accidently crit against a Starly, disappointing.
Am I allowed to catch the first thing in the Mine and caves?

Crit a Starly, catch a Kricketot... That's too familiar, J. .-. We both share horrible Nuzlocke luck.

I'm light years late, but yeah, first poke in Mines and Caves...

Oh, also.....Remember that Im not using any items. Arnt I insane?

You really are insane, Nick... :lol: One full restore and you probably would of had it, if used right. Epic try to say the least, though. You lost in the end because your douchy rival chose your starter's counterpick, ironically...

I'll be crushing the E4 in Emerald all-too soon. ;D No Nuzlocke over my Emerald playthrough, since I've been gone, though. I'll be going to Fire Red for tmy next one, though. Then to HG/SS, ofcourse.

Havnt seen you in a while, CK. RockerJ hasnt been here either....

Yeah, I wanna do HG too, but Im having trouble downloading the ROM. My computer literally insults me when I do it wrong. I got my Mother 3 and Emerald ROMs without problems, why cant I get this one?

So CK, what Mons you got in your Emerald?

Havnt seen you in a while, CK. RockerJ hasnt been here either....

Yeah, I wanna do HG too, but Im having trouble downloading the ROM. My computer literally insults me when I do it wrong. I got my Mother 3 and Emerald ROMs without problems, why cant I get this one?

So CK, what Mons you got in your Emerald?

I'm still here, just lurking in the shadows.

I have a friend who's going to give me his Emerald, and another that may let me borrow his Soul Silver. Yay!

Ive really gotten into Pokemon XD and Colosseum recently. I wonder if its possible to do a Nuzlocke challenge for those?.....It would need different rules, obviously, probably something like this.

-Pokemon faints, release it
-Can only catch one Pokemon in each area (An area is a place that has its own spot on the map, with maybe a few exceptions, such as Citadark Island)

Since the Gamecube games are harder then the handhelds, IMO, I think I will allow myself to use items. Those Cipher Admins are especially tough.

I wont be starting this now, but probably in a week or two. Ill probably do Colosseum and not XD, since Im playing through XD right now.

Ive really gotten into Pokemon XD and Colosseum recently. I wonder if its possible to do a Nuzlocke challenge for those?.....It would need different rules, obviously, probably something like this.

-Can only catch one Pokemon in each area (An area is a place that has its own spot on the map, with maybe a few exceptions, such as Citadark Island)

Since the Gamecube games are harder then the handhelds, IMO, I think I will allow myself to use items. Those Cipher Admins are especially tough.

I wont be starting this now, but probably in a week or two. Ill probably do Colosseum and not XD, since Im playing through XD right now.

To bo honest, I've never not played a handheld pokemon game. It seems like they're so out of place on the GC or Wii.

Yeah, they do feel slightly out of place, but they are still very good games. I dont get why they are so underrated....I recommend you play them.

I just realized how little areas Colosseum actually has. I may have to change the rules a little bit.....

Nuzlocke-ing colosseum OR XD? Nick, you're fucking mad! DX There's a horrible choice of pokemon, the high level from the start means you've little time to EV train, and purifying shadow pokemon without grinding/daycare is near impossible. Not to mention the game actually is hard, and if you lose a core member from a critical, I can almost guarentee you'd be stuck.

But if anyone could pull that off, that's deserves some damn respect from me... I'm tempted to try it now, actually. :lol:

I just realized how little areas Colosseum actually has. I may have to change the rules a little bit.....

Sorry I havn't been around to give advice on this, Nick. I have an idea, albeit this could make the game harder or easier than another rule: you can only have 6 captured pokemon at any time. If you find another shadow pokemon, just KO it. This encourages you to not have an oversized pool of pokemon to fall back on, meaning you have to play pro, but also means you won't waste your time catching useless pokes, lessening your chances of bitting off more than you can chew, or falling victim to a crit/status/etc. hax.

Damnit Nick, I really am tempted to Nuzlocke Colosseum now... DAMN YOU! :lol:

In news of my own Nuzlockes, I've downed a game from every single generation (as long as you count Fire Red/Heart Gold for their respective gens =P), although I do need to beat Red in Heart Gold. Grinding for that now in the E4; way too many close calls. I'm going to get crited while I'm X-iteming up eventually, and then the ragequit ensues... Only to pick the game up again an hour later. =P

Back