Official Q & A Thread

Chicagoan

Official Breeder.
Mar 16, 2007
Chicago
Wii Online Code
0990-1391-2473-1732
Welcome to the Official Q/A thread

We are going to use this as a guide. Several people is tired of seeing posts like “What it is the pokerus?”
All the questions that you guys have, post them here, ONLY ONCE and do not bump! People helps for free, nobody earns cash to say where to find Heatran, so be considerate and wait for your turn.

Some rules:

1st When you post a question, and gets answered, this main post will be updated with the question and response, by that way, if a new user has the same question, he/she will find it in the first post. If more than one response, I will get the information and edit this post.
2nd Do not ask for rep when you help somebody, your post will be erased and you will be banned. No questions asked. If you want to rep somebody who really helped you, just do it, that is what the system is for.

I think I do not miss any rules... this is simple.

I was going to browse for several pokemon links as an extra faq and extra help. By that way, the forum will get less spammed. However, daNnYshoTs decided to help me without asking him, and he provided me several links. Here there are:

PokéDex - Find the pokemons that you need.

All about the pokemon natures.

Worried about IVs? Just click here and use the IV Calculator

All TMs you need, here. How to find them, who to teach them! Just here!

My wife is a berry master! Request me any berry you need. Here you may find the list. I have all of them!

Some Poke-news from Diamond and Pearl games

Become a pokeradar expert

After this sweet urls, here comes the newest questions added

1ST QUESTION
klanham08 said:
How are you able to fight a Person more than once? I have never been able to figure that out...

daNnYshoTs said:
VS Seeker does that. ;)

If trainers don't want to fight it gives you a message.
If trainers want to fight you'll see the "!!" mark on their heads.

2ND - 3RD AND 4TH QUESTION
Strype McClaine said:
Questions 1-3
What sort of multiplier do the type items give? (example: Charcoal. Spell Tag...ect)

What sort of multiplier do the Type Plates give?

Is their any advantage the items have over the plates, and should I just throw the items away as they are clogging my inventory.

Please use a #2 pencil
Fill in all the dots heavy and dark

daNnYshoTs said:
-Answer #2, #3:
Arceus Plates, like other items such as Charcoal, Magnets, Mystic Waters, etcetera, increase the damage done by 20%, as long as they correspond to the specified type. This is a 10% increase from what the items use to do in past generations.

-Answer #4:
Personally, I think they're fine items to have, but if you can manage to get either the Muscle Band (20% increase in damage done by physical attacks) or the Wise Glasses (20% increase in damage done by special attacks), take them instead.

Copy+Pasted from a "googled" post :D

5TH QUESTION
Chicagoan said:
Can I get Gengar in the Old Chateu with leaf green attached?

daNnYshoTs said:
Answer:
Yes you can. FireRed or LeafGreen inserted on the DS.

Go to the Old Chateau and then to the room with a painting with "red eyes", there you have a Rare chance to encounter a wild Gengar.

6th Question
Wii_BrEnDo2007 said:
what is a uber pokemon?

Chicagoan said:
An uber pokemon can be called, an unfair pokemon. Usually, the pokemons are outstanding in one stat (Alakazam on Sp Attack. Electrode on Speed) You may see 200s as overall stats and +350 on their best stat.
However, there are some pokemons that are oustanding in several stats. Darkrai for example, has a lot of speed, sp attack, attack and very sweet defenses. Mewtwo has a lot of sp attack, a lot of hp, a lot of speed and a lot of attack with no bad defenses... That is called an Uber pokemon.

There are a special pokemon that its an Uber itself... Called Wobuffet. He's stats on HP are on the top 5. He has a lot of defense/sp defense. However, its special ability makes it even more uber, as you can't switch pokemons when you are fighting a wobuffet. That blocks any easy strategy to defeat it such toxic (as if you play 1vs1 and you have a sweeper in game, its dead for sure, as Wobuffet is capable from taking one hit from a STAB special attack with 403 sp attack.

Last edited:
How can I unlock the 3rd island?... not where Cresselia is, and not even the iron island... so... where?

I'm not sure, but I think that third island is where u catch 1 of the event pokemon, but u need the event item first.

I think you mean EV training in which you should read the official.

IVs are invisible stats that can't be trained. A pokemon is bred / caught with them

I have a question. Yerterday I purchased a second hand Leaf Green edition. I checked the pokemons that the guy had, and he has some legendaries that seems legits and some lv100 pokemon. However, he has tons of eggs called "Bad Egg" What the hell is that? If I connect the game with my Diamond, will something weird happen? Or better I erase the game.

Err...
1st Read the Rules - Do not go offtopic
2nd Don't look for fights, you been doing it since several time on the pokemon threads. You won't arguer me :)
3rd If you do not like pokemon, why are you coming always around here?
4th I have no mushroom on my nick, so I can't ban. The mods are going to start banning everybody who breaks the rules, flame another users... Does it sound familiar wii_cammy? This sub forum was crazy, and the mods took good care of it. Now they are not going to allow this getting crazy again.

Emma But can I take the other pokemons? Will be my game save?

Last edited:
Chicagoan said:
Err...
1st Read the Rules - Do not go offtopic
2nd Don't look for fights, you been doing it since several time on the pokemon threads. You won't arguer me :)
3rd If you do not like pokemon, why are you coming always around here?
4th I have no mushroom on my nick, so I can't ban. The mods are going to start banning everybody who breaks the rules, flame another users... Does it sound familiar wii_cammy? This sub forum was crazy, and the mods took good care of it. Now they are not going to allow this getting crazy again.

Emma But can I take the other pokemons? Will be my game save?

i think ur game will be alright,if it isnt illl take the blame ,

Sorry i didnt mean to offend you I was just wondeirng if you were a mod
Oh and I saw a loadof pokemon games when I was on holiday but I had never heard of them
They were GBa it was like celebi vesoion and others like tat
Do you know what they were?

Well... The tone wasn't good. And as you can see, no mushroom on my nick, no mod powers :D But you never offended me. There are several versions:

Blue and Red (Green on Japan) Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, LeafGreen, FireRed, Emerald, Diamond and Pearl (in other) Also there are 2 pokemon games for N64 (Pkmn Stadium and Pkmn Stadium II) 2 for the Cube (Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness) and the worst playable pokemon game for the wii (Pokemon Battle Revolution) There are also tons of games such Pokemon Pimball I and II. Pokemon Trozei, Pokemon Dungeon Red and Pokemon Dungeon Blue. Pokemon Ranger, Pokemon Dash for N64... and more... more...

Last edited:
But the games werent like those
They were like Pokemon Chariazrd
Pokemon Pikachu
Pokemon Celebi
They must have been fakes

Sure. All are fake. Pokemon Yellow is known also as Pokemon Yellow: Pikachu Edition. But only that one

*This questions are fine with the topic emma, not to be added, but it is OK.

Back