Official Rate my Team Thread - Due when +500 posts.

Chicagoan

Official Breeder.
Mar 16, 2007
Chicago
Wii Online Code
0990-1391-2473-1732
Welcome to the Official Rate my team thread

Several people requested this thread. So here comes. Nothing to explain, just the rules:

1st Post your entire team (not one pokemon... as it is a team rater.
2nd Make sure you write down all 6 pokemons, their natures, their attacks and if you wish, the stats... this last one is not a must, but the other 3 are.
3rd Just rate the teams above. DO NOT FLAME We all must try to content our feeling (Even I, as I do not like Tyranitar) If you do not like the team... Do not say, “It sucks” Rate the team and say why you do not like it, pokemon by pokemon. Try to rate as accurate as possible. The better you post, the most you will help the user.
4th This thread is going to be cleaned up when it reaches 500 posts. By this way, it won't get crowded.
5th Request of Rep = Instant Ban

Alakazam Modest Nature 255 EVs in Speed, 255 EVs in Special Attack,@ Twistedspoon

- Physic
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
(Might replace one with shadow ball or calm mind but cant decide which)

Starmie (WaterStar) Timid Nature 252 EVs Special attack, 216 speed, 40 HP. @ Leftovers

- Surf
- Thunder Bolt
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Umbreon (NightCat) calm nature 252 EVs in HP and then split it in the defenses @ Leftovers

- Wish
- Dark Pulse
- Toxic
- Confuse Ray

Aerodactyl(FlyingDino) Jolly Nature 255 EVs in attack and speed @ Choice Band

- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Electivire (Voltage) Adamant Nature 255 EVs in Attack and Speed @ Expert Belt / Life Orb

- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch
- Earthquake
- Cross chop

Blissey(NurseJoy) Bold Nature EVs: 255 EVs in Health 255, 252 Def @ Leftovers

- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Counter
- Stealth Rock

deadlydasher said:
Alakazam Modest Nature 255 EVs in Speed, 255 EVs in Special Attack,@ Twistedspoon

- Physic
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Starmie (WaterStar) Timid Nature 252 EVs Special attack, 216 speed, 40 HP. @ Leftovers

- Surf
- Thunder Bolt
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Umbreon (NightCat) calm nature 252 EVs in HP and then split it in the defenses @ Leftovers

- Wish
- Dark Pulse
- Toxic
- Confuse Ray

- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Electivire (Voltage) Adamant Nature 255 EVs in Attack and Speed @ Expert Belt / Life Orb

- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch
- Earthquake
- Cross chop

- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Counter
- Stealth Rock
i say.....9.5/10 super good. I have nothing else to say.... I am still putting my battle pokes together so I will post my team when I got them

Slimi said:
i say.....9.5/10 super good. I have nothing else to say.... I am still putting my battle pokes together so I will post my team when I got them

thank you

@deadlydasher
All good except Blissey.
Take out Seismic Toss for refresh. (Just my self-healing Blissey idea)
9/10

Refresh is crap since Blissey should normally be using natural cure as it's ability and aromatherapy heals the status of all your pokemon.

Seismic toss is like a must on Blissey. I'm too lazy to rate the team atm sorry.

deadlydasher said:

- Physic
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

- Surf
- Thunder Bolt
- Recover
- Ice Beam

- Wish
- Dark Pulse
- Toxic
- Confuse Ray

- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch
- Earthquake
- Cross chop

- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Counter
- Stealth Rock
the team is well set up with moves... but three pokemon are weak to ghost type attacks..

Meganium modest nature
sunny day, solarbeam, grass knot, hyper beam

Swampert relaxed nature
earthquake, muddy water, hydro pump, protect

Blaziken gentle nature
blaze kick, sky uppercut, bulk up, focus energy

Rotom impish nature
shock wave, thunder, yawn, dream eater

Umbreon gentle nature
payback, crunck, return, double team

Altaria naive nature
earthquake, dragon dance, dragonbreath, hyper beam

I agree with massi4ah. Seismic toss is an absolute must on a Blissey. If you have access to Pokemon Emerald, you can learn it from the move tutor and pal park it hence. I'm not sure if it's a viable egg move. Aromatherapy is also infinitely useful, but a very good call with Counter there. Blissey's got such ridiculous HP and such bad def that anything physical that doesn't kill it will ohko the opponent.

Here's my latest Battle Tower team:

Starmie Azathoth (oh, look it up)
Natural Cure, Life Orb
Modest Nature, 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
Ice Beam / Thunderbolt / Surf / Recover

Garchomp Jabberwock
Sand Veil, Choice Band
Jolly Nature, 255 Atk / 255 Spd
Crunch, Outrage, Stone Edge, Earthquake

Infernape Prometheus
Blaze, Expert Belt
Adamant Nature, 255 Atk / 255 Spd
Shadow Claw, Close Combat, Flare Blitz, Thunderpunch

This team's almost identical to the one I had that made it to the 70s in Battle Tower. I simply replaced an Encore/DBond Wobuffet with the Infernape. This makes up for the problems the other two had in dealing with pesky plant and ice pokemon. However, I'm haunted by his almost complete inability to take a hit. Infernape's defenses suck, and one super effective hit is going to take him down. I'm considering a redistribution of EVs, a new item, or even completely replacing it in the lineup with something else that can tackle the things the other two can't. I'd appreciate some feedback here.

Last edited:
bln_f said:
Meganium modest nature
sunny day, solarbeam, grass knot, hyper beam

Swampert relaxed nature
earthquake, muddy water, hydro pump, protect

Blaziken gentle nature
blaze kick, sky uppercut, bulk up, focus energy

Rotom impish nature
shock wave, thunder, yawn, dream eater

Umbreon gentle nature
payback, crunck, return, double team

Altaria naive nature
earthquake, dragon dance, dragonbreath, hyper beam

Overall team
You have 3 pokemons week to a water type pokemon (capable to learn ice beam with a decent speed such starmie)
That is the biggest fail. However, start over.

Poke by poke
Meganium (modest) - It may die without doing even an attack... you have a risky meganium. I would teach it: Sunny Day - Solar Beam - Energy Ball and Synthesis. By that way, if your meganium is in risk, you may use Energy Ball to ensure one attack, if not, prepare a Sunny day and then you attack in one turn with Solar Beam and also you cure 100% of your HP. Equip it a Heat Rock.

Swampert (Adamant) - Not bad... but I do not like it. Protect has no sense on it, nor hydro pump. Set this: Avalanche - Earthquake - Waterfall - Hammer Arm. Equip it with a Rindo Berry, by that way, it won't get KO that fast from a grass attack. Start using Waterfall or Hammer Arm (Waterfall may cause flinch, and its physical, Hammer Arm is a strong attack with lowers your speed) You need to lower your Swampert's speed, by that way, you may burn your foe pokemon with Avalanche. Use earthquake sparingly.

Blaziken - switch it with Houndoom (I love this fire pokemon, and it rocks) It must be Modest - Attacks like mine: Dark Pulse (may cause flinch) Flamethrower - Faint Attack and Nasty Plot. OK. Here is some strategy, take care with this guy. Make sure it gets flash fire ability instead of Early Bird. Attack with dark pulse (may flinch the foe) or flamethrower. Save Nasty Plot when you see a pokemon weak against houndoom (like a fire pokemon that may waste one turn attacking or a grass, ghost, pyschic (take care with Focus Blast) I would equip this little pal with Lax Incense, by that way, it decreases all foe pokemons accuracy, and it will be harder for an Alakazam to do focus blast on it. Keep faint attack, if a foe does several double teams, you will ensure the attack.

Rotom - Ugh... It is terrible. Change it into Gengar. Modest Gengar with Dark Pulse - Sludge Bomb - Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball. Do not use dream eater... you will take a noob, but a good trainer, will take his/her pokemon away and Dream Eater will fail. You have your electric attack on Gengar, you do not need no more. Equip your Gengar with Expert Belt or an Enigma berry.

Umbreon - I love this guy, but you already have houndoom, two Dark is not nice. However, if you want a good dark guy, I recommend you to go with honchkrow with Super Luck ability and equip it with scope lens. It should be Adamant. Use Night Slash - Sucker Punch - Night Shade and Aerial Ace. With Aerial Ace, you will always hit, no matter the evanescence. Night slash does easy criticals, with Super luck you increase chances to deal critical and with scope lenses you increase even more your chance of critical hit, (around 80% chance) to deal a critical hit. Sucker Punch, use it against a sweeper (physical better) Night Shade will help you to beat tanks such shuckle.

Altaria - Too cute but useless... I do not like dragons and you already have honchcrow. So if you want a dragon, I would go with the common Garchomp. Adamant with Dragon Rush, Earthquake, Outrage (egg move) and Dragon Dance if it can learn it. Equip it with wide lens and you will increase the chance of hitting with Dragon Rush.

I hope it helps.

My team

Breloom:Jolly Nature
Moves:Spore, Seed Bomb, Focus Punch, Mach Punch
Ability:Effect spore
Item:Choice Lense

Lanturn:Modest Nature
Moves:Thunder Wave, Confuse Ray, Thunder Bolt, Ice beam
Ability:Bolt absorb
Item:left overs

Gyarados:Serious Nature
Moves:Thrash, Aqua tail, Ice fang, Earth quake
Ability:intimadate
Item:Life Orb

Arcanine:Hasty Nature
MovesExtremespeed, roar, thunder fang, fire blast<---need to replace that with fire fang or flame thrower
Ability:intimidate
item:King's rock

Torterra:Hardy Nature
Moves:Earth Quake, Crunch, Energy Ball, Stealth Rock
Ability:eek:ver grow
Item:focus sash

Kingdra:Sassy nature
Moves:Focus energy, surf, dragon pulse, yawn
Ability:sniper
Item:scope lense

Good evaluation, Chicagoan. Very insightful. I can't wait to hear what you think of my team.

gbj153 said:

Breloom:Jolly Nature
Moves:Spore, Seed Bomb, Focus Punch, Mach Punch
Ability:Effect spore
Item:Choice Lense

I'm not sure Choice Lens is even an item. Any Choice Item would only hurt Breloom's one saving grace, the Spore + Focus Punch combo. Good use of STABs though.

Lanturn:Modest Nature
Moves:Thunder Wave, Confuse Ray, Thunder Bolt, Ice beam
Ability:Bolt absorb
Item:left overs

Lanturn's one of those tricky type combos that can baffle the inexperienced player. It makes a passable boltbeamer, but I'd consider a SAtk boosting item as opposed to Leftovers.

Gyarados:Serious Nature
Moves:Thrash, Aqua tail, Ice fang, Earth quake
Ability:intimadate
Item:Life Orb

This might be a better candidate for Choice Band than Breloom.

Arcanine:Hasty Nature
MovesExtremespeed, roar, thunder fang, fire blast<---need to replace that with fire fang or flame thrower
Ability:intimidate
item:King's rock

Fire Fang is better than Flamethrower. However, the Hasty Nature would be better replaced with Jolly as this build hardly uses SAtk.

Torterra:Hardy Nature
Moves:Earth Quake, Crunch, Energy Ball, Stealth Rock
Ability:eek:ver grow
Item:focus sash

Stealth Rock's addition would make Torterra better placed at the beginning of the line-up. Also, Focus Sash isn't going to prove much help, as there are few Pokes out there that an ohko a Torterra for which you wouldn't switch it out first.

Kingdra:Sassy nature
Moves:Focus energy, surf, dragon pulse, yawn
Ability:sniper
Item:scope lense

This is your third Water pokemon. A good plant poke will tear up your team, and a boltbeamer's not going to fare too poorly either. Yawn is a good way to force a switch, but only on a poke that can take more of a beating. Considering the Focus Energy + Scope Lens combo, you might consider a pokemon that has moves which have high critical rates.

This is the team I used to take on the Elite Four
My Stats are written like this: HP/ATK/DEF/SP. ATK/SP. DEF/SPD

Empoleon (LV56) Lonely Nature
-Item: Splash Plate
-Stats: 170/132/120/139/132/102
-Techniques: Surf, Waterfall, Shadow Claw, Blizzard
Staraptor (LV55) Naive Nature
-Item: Sky Plate
-Stats: 181/160/105/84/73/146
-Techniques: Fly, Aerial Ace, Defog, Brave Bird
Luxray (LV54) Modest Nature
-Item: Zap Plate
-Stats: 161/139/100/128/110/106
-Techniques: Thunderbolt, Spark, Crunch, Thunder
Roserade (LV54) Bold Nature
-Item: Meadow Plate
-Stats: 148/97/103/161/138/131
-Techniques: Cut, Bullet Seed, Magical Leaf, Giga Drain
Rapidash (LV53) Relaxed Nature
-Item: Flame Plate
-Stats: 135/125/118/103/111/117
-Techniques: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Fire Spin, Strength
Lucario (LV54) Timid Nature
-Item: Fist Plate
-Stats: 147/130/100/137/96/144
-Techniques: Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse

TordekBaldorf said:
This is the team I used to take on the Elite Four
My Stats are written like this: HP/ATK/DEF/SP. ATK/SP. DEF/SPD

Empoleon (LV56) Lonely Nature
-Item: Splash Plate
-Stats: 170/132/120/139/132/102
-Techniques: Surf, Waterfall, Shadow Claw, Blizzard
Staraptor (LV55) Naive Nature
-Item: Sky Plate
-Stats: 181/160/105/84/73/146
-Techniques: Fly, Aerial Ace, Defog, Brave Bird
Luxray (LV54) Modest Nature
-Item: Zap Plate
-Stats: 161/139/100/128/110/106
-Techniques: Thunderbolt, Spark, Crunch, Thunder
Roserade (LV54) Bold Nature
-Item: Meadow Plate
-Stats: 148/97/103/161/138/131
-Techniques: Cut, Bullet Seed, Magical Leaf, Giga Drain
Rapidash (LV53) Relaxed Nature
-Item: Flame Plate
-Stats: 135/125/118/103/111/117
-Techniques: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Fire Spin, Strength
Lucario (LV54) Timid Nature
-Item: Fist Plate
-Stats: 147/130/100/137/96/144
-Techniques: Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse
switch the lucarios rock smash and rock climb with dragon pulse and either psycic or focus blast.

Back