Official Sales

sagema

3D Artist
Dec 5, 2006
NY
Wii Online Code
4496-9128-1304-3457
Here are the official sales of the consoles. Nintendo is now officially #1! Sony is around 3.5 million, Nintendo at 9 million, and Microsoft 8.9 million units -Internationally-. That means by Microsoft and Nintendo are almost 3x ahead of Sony. If that gap grows next year, the PS3 will be another Dreamcast, Neo Geo.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6178666.html

Sweet....did u read some of the comments that people wrote under the article?? People really are so into graphics and things lookin pretty instead of actual game play.

Has anyone else noticed that where there are "Wii bashing parties" the Wii users tend to sound more intelligent and use proper punctuation? They also tend to make their arguments without cursing.

lol thats so true Spyro, cause our games actually make u think, not just run and gun.

And Nintendo users aren't bent on killing the opponent when (literally, not just in the game) and we don't take steroids.

I remember back with Sega it was all about the graphics. That was their entire arguement against Nintendo. Despite the gap, Nintendo still dominated #1 until the N64. Another factor back then was price. I remember as a kid easily being able to buy used NES games for a few dollars. Even with the random price range of $20-$60(there was no firm standard until the SNES) for new games, a lot of them could easily be bought for $20.

Thats cool but odd at the same time, because the last I heard, the last sales I heard was the Wii had sold over 10 million consoles, not 9?

I am confused :lol:, but oh well, we get the general idea.

i work at best buy and i see the demographic all the time of who buys a wii and who buys a ps3/xbox 360.

look at these people and its no surprise that Nintendo folks are more intelligent and articulate.

hint: we don't wear bling and we dont pop, lock it, and drop it.

Lair and Heavenly Sword were supposed to be the heavy hitters for this fall, but consequently they were not all they were cracked up to be. I would rather pick up HS in the bargain bin and Lair from the sidewalk. Sony has lost this Fall unless Unchartered and Ratchet pull off some magic trick and boost PS3 sales. Wii60 is most likely to officially own 2008.

^^i wouldnt really count on it, i think in the end, 360 might be a good competion for wii this fall, considering the release of halo 3

I think the price factor is the one that kills Sony, and then the games. There's no game for PS3 that makes me want to go out there and buy the console right away. To be honest, the only reason that makes me want to buy a PS3 is just to play Blue Ray movie. And yes, if the gap keeps growing, by next year, PS2 will be another Dreamcast or NeoGeo

hahaha take that microsuxs (No offense to anyone who likes Microsoft)
Nintendo is finally dominating the sales but the lack of games =[ oh well I hope they will get better

Bliss said:
lol thats so true Spyro, cause our games actually make u think, not just run and gun.
Uh..And just moving the shaking ht wiimote around is thinking? right...(wario ware, monkey ball etc...). such a bad statement. Not that the wii isn't cool :p!

Back