Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

[[official]] stop making casual games nintendo! **thread**

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by batman-kid, Jul 15, 2009.

1. batman-kid

batman-kid WiiChat Member

nintendo seems to forget the hardcore crowd. even high voltage and [omg] sega had to step up for us. fxk nintendo's kiddy games! NO IM NOT TALKING ABOUT MARIO, MARIO KART, SSBB, ZELDA etc bcuz those have been hardcore since the 80's and up.

does anybody agree?....anyone tired lyk me?

2. Squall7

Squall7 A li'l bit different

Wii Friend Code: 8420-0141-9022-6948
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Shouldn't that be "stop focusing on casual games"? Which is of itself pretty silly advice for a busness (sp?), "please cut out a massive market so that you can focus on pleasing me and my other gaming friends".

Overall, if you don't like casual games don't buy them. And Nintendo is a games company which takes its time on games to make them as good as possible (well, most of the time), so Iwould advise you be patient and allow Nintendo to work their magic on their next franchise. In the meantime, many 3rd parties' games are very much playable. Capcom usually does very good games. Sega is hit and miss, but as a publisher, they're gathering steam.

3. captainff

captainff slightly amused

Wii Friend Code: 5537-0855-7535-2075
    5537-0855-7535-2075

Which Nintendo games are you referring to with the 'kiddy' comment? The majority of bad games on the Wii come from third party developers.

4. batman-kid

i do agree w/you on terms of the market piece, BUT how could they ignore the hardcore who made them who they r now...that a little more clear?

5. batman-kid

example...wii music. it got a 4 outta 10.

horrible game play yet little kids still support nintendos wii's worse game

6. Dzapper

Dzapper Akatsuki Assassin

Wii Friend Code: 4627-4261-3182-4550
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Yeah, this is the main point, at least when Nintendo makes a casual game it is generally good. It's the Third Parties that make the splash-dash-give-me-the-cash party games that aren't even good enough to whip an ass with.

7. Godwind

Godwind WiiChat Member

Perhaps because the Hardcore abandoned Nintendo? Why the hell do you care if they make casual games? Is it because you have an issue with your image? The idea that you could supporting a console with games that don't appeal to you?

Consider the following games that got reviews
    -Punch-Out!!! sold .32 million copies.
    -No More Heroes only sold .40 million copies.
    -Madworld only sold .24 million copies.

Also, you poor spelling would get you rejected from more mature Nintendo forums such as www.ninstation.com.

Wii Music got a 4/10? 1UP gave Wii Music an A-.

8. batman-kid

YES WII MUSIC IN [[FACT]] DID GET A 4 OUTTA 10, NOT BY YUR "NOBODY" INFORMANT BUHH BY (THE NUMBER ONE) [DATS A FACT BTW] NUMBER ONE GAME REVIEWER IN THE COOUNTRY.......GAMEINFORMER.

BAM! THEY SPEAK TRUTH, UN BIASED REVIEWS.

but yu did make a point about those games [their sales] its just parents wud NOT buy games lyk "madworld" rated m for there kids. come on....i agree w/yu on some points bcuz im un-biased...so be un-biased bak...yu kno i aswell have good points.

9. DBloke

DBloke The last original
    Staff Member Moderator

Wii Friend Code: 8041-7231-3447-6164
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    More of this hardcore nonsense.

How about.

NINTENDO STOP MAKING SHITE GAMES!

Or
    The op stop worrying if as game is hardcore and start worrying if a game is good.

WOW SMASH BROTHERS AND MARIO KART WUZ OUT IN T 80's!!!!!

*Remembers seeing a adult buy the game*
    So somebody who's age is probably higher than your IQ is a kid?
    Sage for viral advertising

10. goheat

goheat alot is not a word

Wii Friend Code: 1111-1111-1111-1111
    1111-1111-1111-1111
    Honestly, if you feel the need to type in all caps here, and write so poorly, you'll get little if any respect.

Your screen name having "kid" as part of it is a telling sign...

11. captainff

5537-0855-7535-2075
    You've played it?

I have and I quite like it. Sure it isn't spanky rock tracks and it doesn't keep score or give achievements but it's involving and rewards you if you persevere. Many of the games I love get low scores from one reviewer or another who just don't 'get' them .. .. .. Wii Music also got 91%, 89%, 88%, 83%, 80%, 70%, 58%, and 25% (not all of the list, just a sample). Which one is the most accurate? They all are as they are the personal opinion of the reviewer.

So that's one Nintendo 'kiddy' game .. .. .. .. .. any more you can name?

12. DBloke

DBloke The last original
    Staff Member Moderator

8041-7231-3447-6164
    And so we see that all this hardcore nonsense is just a idot's way of ignoring what might be a good game
    MARIO GALAXY!!!!
    ZELDA WIND WAKER!!!!
    MARIO KART!!!!
    ANIMAL CROSSING!!!!
    Cartoony graphics + Cute characters = Kiddy right?

13. captainff

5537-0855-7535-2075
    OOOOH you're fiesty today aren't you? :lol::lol:

14. DBloke

DBloke The last original
    Staff Member Moderator

8041-7231-3447-6164
    I'm getting enough caffeine and sugar in my system so that I can get all the jokes from this weeks Zan Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei in one sitting with out using pause and rewind.

That and I've just listened to a excellent amount of PROG rock.

15. RivalDestiny

RivalDestiny WiiChat Member
    Staff Member

Wii Friend Code: 0409-5781-9484-0073
    0409-5781-9484-0073
    When in doubt, consult to this chart for responses to threads.

[​IMG]

16. batman-kid

i never said mario kart and ssb was out in the 80's. I said 80's and up. Mario and zelda were those who started in the 80's and the others were up n out in later years. You kno wut i meant so y be against that. Can any body in wii chat make a post w/out making a smart a$$ comment

17. batman-kid

OOOOOMG DUDE!!

THIS IS SO Fxkin FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!

xD

18. Godwind

Godwind WiiChat Member

I assume you got your subscription of Game Informer when you bought your Edge Card at Gamestop? If your a reader of their magazine, clearly you must of picked up on their sauve and sophisticated method of writing and typing from them. It is so clear how informative you are. With your expertise in reading numbers without mixing the number 4 with the number 3. Of course, when you said "BAM![sic] THEY[sic] SPEAK[sic] TRUTH[sic], UN BIASED[sic] REVIEWS[sic]." [super sic] , I realized the errors of my ways. With an elaborate detailing of their greatness with concrete information that would suggest all other video game publications and websites are counter informative people trying to lie out of their teeth for a quick buck. The icing on the cake was when you said "BY[sic] (THE[sic] NUMBER[sic] ONE[sic]) [DATS[sic] A[sic] FACT[sic] BTW[sic]] NUMBER[sic] ONE[sic] GAME[sic] REVIEWER[sic] IN[sic] THE[sic] COOUNTRY[sic].......[sic, I guess your comma key is broken] GAMEINFORMER[sic, broken spacebar as well]." Clearly their number one because of their well written reviews, not because people wanted to buy an edge card to save 10% on all used video games at Gamestop, which was included packaged with every subscription of Game Informer. I remember that day when I went into Gamestop. They said to me "Would you like an edge card? you save 10% on all used games and trade ins are increased by 10%. It also comes with a free subscription of Game Informer." I didn't switch to Geico to save 15% or more on my auto insurance, I did it for the free plush Gecko.

I also forgot that children don't play M rated games. I was never able to games like Doom, Quake and Duke Nukem when I was kid. When my parents gave me Ultimate Doom for Christmas, they were in shock. They thought it was an edutainment game. They thought wrong. Its not like Halo got a reputation of 10 year children yelling into microphones over Xbox Live.

[video=youtube;Lgw2slDfx9Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgw2slDfx9Q[/video]

And I guess you are right about M rated games not being sold on the Wii. It just can't be done, with only 1.3 million copies of Call of Duty sold, we can be rest assured that Mature games can't prosper on the Wii.

As for the issue of being biased, I want to have clear definition of what it means to be biased.

Main Entry: bias
    Function: transitive verb
    Inflected Form(s): bi·ased or bi·assed; bi·as·ing or bi·as·sing
    Date: circa 1628

1 : to give a settled and often prejudiced outlook to <his background biases him against foreigners>

With that being said, you believing that Game Informer is the best review publication, makes you an unbiased and well informed person of the game industry. When I stated 1up gave an A- to Wii music, you were appalled by such a statement, especially from a "'NOBODY'[sic] INFORMANT[sic]" such as 1up. Then you try smoothly use witty rhetoric such as "i agree w/yu[sic] on some points bcuz[sic] im[sic] un-biased[sic]...[sic]so be un-biased[sic] bak[sic]...[sic]yu[sic] kno[sic] i[sic] aswell[sic] have good points."[sic] You decided to agree with me because your unbiased, not because I actually made good points. And for agreeing with me, there is without a doubt that I should be obligated to agree you not because you made well informed points but because you were unbiased (at least according to you). So I decided I will agree with one of your comments; I did make a good point of the poor sales of hardcore games on the Wii. It was the best comment you made in that entire post.

Everyone, show some respect. This guy must have a Ph.D from Harvard in video games. Bestow yourselves upon his all encompassing knowledge of video games, all thanks to great publications such as Game Informer. Also, did anyone forget their Edge card?

19. raisinghelen

raisinghelen WiiChat Member

As has been said already, most of the casual games that Nintendo themselves make are pretty good. It has been the 3rd party casual efforts that have mostly been a let down.

The only casual Nintendo game that I've seen mentioned here as being dissapointing is Wii Music, so there is really no case to answer. While Wii Music might not be a game that I would want to buy I can see the market for it and don't begrudge people who may enjoy it from owning such a game.

I believe that Nintendo has released as many (if not more) core franchises on the Wii in its first 3 years than they did on the NGC or N64. Maybe people nowadays mistake M rated games as being hardcore and then think that Nintendo has ignored the hardcore because they don't have any M rated games. Nintendo has never had M rated games though so they really haven't forsaken anyone, they have just expanded their audience.

20. Squall7

Squall7 A li'l bit different

Wii Friend Code: 8420-0141-9022-6948
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    I will respectfully disagree with Batman-kid's original statement, but in the end it's his opinion, and his choice on how to convey that opinion (with any and all implications of the writing style).

Although I will add this: The greater variety of games Nintendo works on at the same time, the greater the profit they will enjoy, as there will always be a market for it. I'm hoping we will be seeing a Starfox, F-Zero and other lesser known Nintendo franchises (and hopefully new ones too) in the near-ish future.