Official Tennis Thread

blankconnection said:
I like the new guy Djokovich whos only 19 and won the Sony Ericsson open this year that kid gots game. this is pretty cool how you made this thread
Thanks much. :)

I know, Djokovic is amazing. He was last year's youngest men's player in the top 20 (younger than Murray). :eek:

It's awesome to see how many people here have a love for the game, it warms my heart. :sad:

Only a true tennis fan would say that, kudos to you ssbb_lover.

My grandpa taught me (and still does along with lessons) everthing about tennis from how to hit a forehand to who one the Australian Open any year.

FR. said:
Only a true tennis fan would say that, kudos to you ssbb_lover.
blankconnection said:
yeah I've ben playing tennis since I was 11 now I'm 15 and I'm on the tennis team. This sport is amazing
I love you both so much. :cryin: (in a non-creepy, fellow tennis player kind of way ;)).

So, who's gonna win Wimbledon this year, guys? Hopefully Murray can pull it off, I think it'd be cool for the British community to get what they've been praying for the past 20 years to become reality. :lol:

I know Nadal won't win it; Roddick's a no; Djokovic most likely no; Hewitt, don't make me laugh; Bagdhatis....*buzzard* wrong; I think Murray could pull it off. The only competition he'll have is Federer.

Federer isnt doing so hot now, eliminated first round in the Sony i think he was, I dont know who can pull off with the win, but dont forget about Canas he's a tough one too.

Yes, a slow start for Federer, but I think he'll revive, he's had good comebacks in the past. My votes are on him.

I beleive Wimbledon is much more important thatn the US Open, despite the fact that I live in the US - near the stadium.

blankconnection said:
lol Hewitt
He had his downfall year a long time ago. :lol:

About Canas though, tell me if you agree with me here. Didn't it look like he was just hitting steady crosscourt the entire match? He would hit crosscourt, crosscourt, crosscourt, occasional down-the-line, crosscourt, and BAM! Federer would miss hit his back hand, framing it into the crowd. Did you see his unforced errors in that match? Very unlike him.

Btw, Federer also lost in a tournament prior to the Sony Erricson. :) (1st round or 2nd round, can't remember)

blankconnection said:
I didnt get to see the match i just saw the tree in the semifinals and said wow what happened federer
Ya, I guess he just drew a blank. Some pros will just do that randomly; didn't think it'd ever happed R. Fed though....

Woooot Tennis :] my fave hasta be Andy Murray (just 'cause havta stick with the Brits and Henman (who?!?!!) is horrific) buttt s'always fun to watch the likes of Federer and Nadal, due to their great talent and ability (no homo). But Sharapova groaning every shot.... gotdayum :eek::]

Wiired said:
Woooot Tennis :] my fave hasta be Andy Murray (just 'cause havta stick with the Brits and Henman (who?!?!!) is horrific) buttt s'always fun to watch the likes of Federer and Nadal, due to their great talent and ability (no homo). But Sharapova groaning every shot.... gotdayum :eek::]
HEY! I was gonna PM you about this & the gfx thread, but it looks like you beat me to it!

Lol, Henman got famous because of his incredible suckiness! Sucks to him. :lol:

Murray is awesome, like I said one of my favorite up-and-comers. :)

This Thread needs another pic of maria...

Maria-Sharapova-04.jpg

Back