Official vs unofficial Wii RGB SCART cables

rgc

WiiChat Member
Jun 4, 2007
Here's my question. I want to get an RGB SCART cable for my Wii, but the official Nintendo SCART cable is rather expensive -- £20! Non-official SCARTs are significantly cheaper, as you can see here in this Amazon.co.uk comparison. My question is, has anyone tried out the non-official SCARTs and compared them to the official product? Is there any difference?

Be sure that the aftermarket ones are in fact RGB SCART and not composite SCART. I remember in the past that some of the extremely low end cables were mislabeled this way for other systems.

I suggest getting the cheapest cable with a brand name attached of a good peripheral company. Pelican, Mad Catz, Nyko etc..

I agree with Cypher. make sure it is a REAL RGB Scart cable. But thrid party / cheaper ones will work just the same. I am using a really cheap one $10.00 USD (about 5 pounds) and it works just the same as the official one my brother uses.

Just bought the Allcam RGB SCART for £5. Very noticeable improvement -- can't imagine it'd be any better with the official cable.

Back