Official Wii Campout Thread

Earlier around 2:00 no one was in line anywhere where I'm at. I checked back around 4 at Target and still no one waiting. I hope it stays that way at least until in the morning.

lol i wish people did these campouts in england, if i did this i would get mauled by chavs :p

Good luck to everyone in securing a wii, mine is in serious doubt now :(

Rayne00 said:
Earlier around 2:00 no one was in line anywhere where I'm at. I checked back around 4 at Target and still no one waiting. I hope it stays that way at least until in the morning.

same thing happened to me, only one guy at target and then i called back at 6 est and there were 40 people there...they have 81 consoles so im gonna head out at 4am to try and get one but i dunno if i will

I am leaving in an hour to go camp out in front of superstore, thier getting 9 in. my friend is going with me and buying one as well.

Wii sold out like everywhere here. Yet in my hometown, an hour away, they had 20 in stock and i heard only 10 people showed up at store opening at wal-mart at 7 am.

Even though smaller towns around it that also got 20 sold out. But whatever i got mine.

But anyways, so Saturday the 18th at 11am I show up at my local Wal-Mart I am 19th in line. We were cramped in this small cold area on a hard floor back in the Garden Center. We had no supplies until my me and Brian's buddy Matt showed up. So we chilled, shot the breeze with others, fly rumors and joke around and etc. Very fun. Then it started to get crowded. The place only had 30, with one as a display. So I was lucky we got there when we did. Then my girlfriend showed up with her friend to keep me company. I was worried all day about getting one until they passed out tickets at 9:00 pm. Then to wait. The anxioty was killing us all. The once quiet group was a pack of barbarians. Fanboys kinda got on my nerves, but i bit my tounge. Those 3 hours seemed like an eternity, then we had to wait some more at midnnight as they brought in 2 customers at a time. Around 12:06 I got my baby. Went home and hooked it up. I was smitten! :D

Hi I'm new here, just found this site.

Anyway I camped out originally in St. Charles, MO walmart only to find out they didn't get a full shipment.

Then I woke up this morning, and made it to Target and did get it! I was lucky to get a full nights sleep and a warm bed!

Me and 2 friends here in Alberta Canada went and camped out at Futureshop. We made it there about 3:30am, there was a guy there at 10pm saturday night..There were a total of about 43 people in line and only 40 Wii systems were given out. I was lucky number 15 in line to get my Wii.

Have not slept in about 30 some hours so going to get some sleep then play Zelda or try out the sports :)

Wii Wii Wii all the way home...:hand: :cornut:

Yeah, I stayed out in the freezing cold for 10 hours at a target to get mine. We had a tent and my friends and I were first in line out of 80, I had number 4. There were about 100 people that showed, and 20 of em were told to go away. Man what a night..... I get home and my wii overheated within the hour and froze, I had to hard reset it.....not lookin good nintendo.

Went to Best Buy at 8:30am. I was number 3. There were 6 of us from 8:30am to about Noon. Then they slowly started building. By around 8:00 pm, we had about 20. At 1:00am we were at 40. When they started passing out vouchers, we had 87 people in line, and they had 84 systems.

We had a couple of annoyances. 1. Teenagers driving by calling names. 2. Probably the same teenagers driving by at 2:30am honking their horns non-stop. 3. At 3:45am a trash truck was trying to empty the "Panera Bread" trash can across from BB. it must have been his first day because he had to back up like 15 times, seriously. We had a couple of teenagers next to us that stayed up late playing their DS's and cussing up a storm. They weren't too bad since they were just really excited about getting the Wii.

Overall my experience was pretty good. The people in front of me were cool. I let them use my spare tent, they provided coffee, hot chocolate, and some of their food. My neighbor brought me his "Big Buddy" heater. That thing was freaking awesome with the temperature at 25 degrees.

My son was a trooper too. He's 9. The system is mainly for him, a little for his sisters. He hung out with me the whole time. He had the option to go home at any time. I think he "enjoys" his Wii more since he had to go through the camping ordeal to get his system on the first day.

My kids have been playing their system since we brought it home 7 hours ago. They are lovin it like McDonalds. :) We got Zelda, GT Pro Series, Spare Wii mote, and a Nunchuck.

I won't be playing the system much but the 25 hours I had to endure was well worth it.

Russ

Last edited:
I camped for 6 hours all because I was too impatiant to wait until Monday morning to go get the Wii that was waiting for me at a Toys R Us here in New Jersey... but I did it. And damn, camping is fun/brutal. I met 5 mad cool people and we kind of joined together into a crew, watched each other's backs, etc etc. We talked and laughed all night and damn did that make time pass by so much quicker. Honestly, camping is always such a cool experience. BUT, anything over 6 hours is pushing it for me. I looked and felt absolutely warped afterwards. Maybe because I was drinking vodka and smoking too many cigarettes when I first started. Regardless... I beat the system, and got a Wii. My brother took the extra one that was waiting for me after he saw how absoutely amazing the Wii is. The Revolution has truly begun.

Our launch for PS3 at our store (Wally World) we had 8 guys, outside in the cold -15c, waiting for our 8 PS3's. We felt sorry for them and had them camp in the vestibule area locking them in the store to keep them warm and to keep the losers from bothering them.

Now with our Wii launch (50 units in total) I had the night off and thought about waiting inline as my manager would take care of us peeps. Well I call the guys at work to find out 45 people were outside waiting and we wounldn't have room in the vestibule area. The thought of waiting for 8 hours in the cold for a Wii was not fun so I said screw it.. I'll wait. For kicks I got up at 6:30am to goto the store and watch the fun. So watching all these guys pile in I walked around looking for gifts as it's our 20% off day for the employees and when the fun was over, for kicks I asked the dept. manager if there was any left.. two! I grabbed one @20% off mind you. (225 bucks :)

Moral of the story... leave the camping in the cold for the young guys. Stay home in a nice warm bed.. You might just luck out.

Back