Official "Wii Channel Ideas" Thread.

Trulen

Isn't here as much
Oct 28, 2006
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Mk. Every week or so I see a, "My Wii Channel Ideas" thread.

Every stinkin' one of them goes as follows: DVD channel, music channel, video channel, demo channel, media channel, and online channel (like the online lobby). And THEN maybe one or two different channels. Maybe. So to put a stop to unnecessary posts, here's a thread where all the ideas come together. I'll even put your name by your idea (Oh the attention!). Except the ones listed above. EVERYBODY SUGGESTS THEM.

Wii Channel Ideas

Media Channel (Music, Video; downloads/streaming for music and video. Or anything that concerns video and music, because it falls into media.)
DVD Channel
Demo Channel
Online Channel
Marketplace Channel(joe_duffy from sources)
DS Channel (joe_duffy from sources)
Wii Messenger Channel (joe_duffy from sources)
Wii House Channel (naisatoh)
Wii Paint (Smashfan)
Advertisment Channel (Wario2ooo)
Food Channel (Wario2ooo)
Local News Channel (Wario2ooo)
Chat Channel (Wario2ooo)
"Make Your Own Channel" Channel (Wario2ooo)

(Also, Riviet posted channel ideas from ign.com 16 posts below here. There is alot of stuff typed up, and it'd be a shame just to get the general ideas from it. Check it out if you want to.)

I have heard from a few sources that Nintendo is working on a DS Channel as well as a Media Player Channel, Wii Messenger Channel and a Wii Marketplace Channel.

I know I would never use it, but how about a Wii house channel. Decorate a room or a house for your Mii. Invite other Miis over for Mii parties and what not. Like the Sims online.. but for Wii.

paint channel to doodle when bored instead of just painting on photos in channel

i like the wii messenger channel. How about also having a Wii media channel with streaming video, music videos, game previews and media all free.
Then you can have a second optional download channel called Wii-Per-View. Wii-Per-View could provide live pay-per-view events such as live music concerts and sports events. :idea:

Wii Clips channel were you could watch the top 10 video clips in your region.

joe_duffy said:
I have heard from a few sources that Nintendo is working on a DS Channel as well as a Media Player Channel, Wii Messenger Channel and a Wii Marketplace Channel.

I think you made that up... What sources did u get that from? I want a direct link.

they should make a forum channel on the Wii called... Wiichat! That should be a website! Wiichat.com... I like that...

Last edited:
My computer channel where it uses samba to display files available on your network share. From there you can play whatever media you like.

Many people are already doing this with the streaming media hacks.

Trulen: If this wasn't posted by you I was going to rip the person a new one. It might be the first "official" thread that is actually that :)

Back