*Official Wii Countdown Thread*

King Wiired

HITLER ME JEZ
Aug 8, 2006
United Kingdom Status : Stunnin'
Wii Online Code
8756-4872-6334-8478
Here it is, the thread in which you can write anything about the countdown til the Wii releases (in whatever country you want)
Here is where you talk about all the threads made about the coming of the Wii, into one!
Gotta any queries about the countdown til the Wii? Ask here!
If you wanna state how happy you are that its getting closer to the Wii, say it here!
If you wanna talk about what your doing to pass the time, or if/what you've preordered, put it here!

51 Days until UK launch :)
33 More days until the Wii will launch in North America!

And : I preordered a Wii alone, and am planning on getting Wii Sports as my first game due to the other controller :)

Last but not least : When the Wii comes out first (i think North America? might be wrong) you guys from North America better not brag :)

Ta-rah :)

[Changes/Added info from Sovieto]

Last edited:
ive preordered the wii, red steel , rayman and zelda might get more tho

Last edited:
Wiired said:
And : I preordered a Wii alone, and am planning on getting Wii Sports as my first game due to the other controller :)

I think you mean Wii Play there not Wii Sports. I too am getting wii play. If you go to www.play.com, you will find that wii play (and all other games) are only £33- only £3 more than a single controller? Thats £3 for all those minigames. Nice.

Oh, and Zelda too.......

Aww, I thought we were planning to brind back my old thread once people wanted it, but sure okay.. =[ i created the last 2 countdowns for noa event and the wii proove our promise. But since i cant even find it, and im to lazy to search more, uhh hooray.

edit: http://www.wiichat.com/showthread.php?p=39095#post39095

uhh yah you decide what gets to happen, you made my sig so im willing to go with what you say.

Last edited:
Sorry I'm an idiot :) yeah I meant Wii Play, and nah you don't get another nunchuck :( hoping on getting Red Steel and Wario Ware for Christmas too :)
Also =O at Sovieto! I'm sorry man, i even searched 'Wii Countdown' and didn't find anything.. thats why i made the thread :(

Wiired said:
Sorry I'm an idiot :) yeah I meant Wii Play, and nah you don't get another nunchuck :( hoping on getting Red Steel and Wario Ware for Christmas too :)
Also =O at Sovieto! I'm sorry man, i even searched 'Wii Countdown' and didn't find anything.. thats why i made the thread :(

lol okay how about we just mix them. I like the *s you have, they make it look more offical. Umm perhaps you could do the countdown in a style like mine is and include the NA launch as well? =]

Sovieto said:
lol okay how about we just mix them. I like the *s you have, they make it look more offical. Umm perhaps you could do the countdown in a style like mine is and include the NA launch as well? =]
Deal, I'll edit it what you want me to add (pm me :)) then it'll be a joint effort :lol: :D

I know this is the countdown thread, but i thought i'd add a general question in here.

I know if you move the wiimote left, right, up and down it aims a pointer at the screen, but does the wiimote, [with the aid of the sensor bar] have any concept of distance.
For example, in Zelda, if you were to say, pull an arrow back in your bow, would you be able to move the wiimote further away from the sensor bar and tv, and the sensor bar recognise it as moving backwards for the arrow onscreen to move backwards.

This probably has a very obvious answer provided in the FAQ's, but hey, this is what a forum is for.

Answer away fiends.

fiends?! Weeell I personally don't know much about Zelda :)D) butt if your right in saying that you can bring back aarows then im pretty sure you can, actually theres a Pool game in Wii Play that works with this concept too :)

The wii can detect movement from where it was.
this is what they mean by 3D space. Say the Wiimote starts at Point A, if you move it back to point B, it will know it moved from Point A from Point B.

Back