Official Wii Zapper just announced

David328ci said:
I'm not feeling that gun thing. Looks strange. How about games where you need to move the nunchuck independent from the Wiimote.

That's my problem with every gun out so far. But as far as appearances, I much prefer this to the piece of junk they had at last year's E3. I'll never understand why some people were so enamored of that one.

What I'd be more interested in using is a gun that didn't constrain the nunchuck's motion controls.

David328ci said:
If I can find a place in the US that sells the Brando style gun I'm going to buy it because it is the most gun-like. I just don't feel like sending my money to Hong Kong and having to wait and see several weeks before I get the actual product.

You're looking at the wrong places. I buy from Hong Kong and it's here within 1 week. Loving the savings.

It has a bit of a tommy gun look to it. Nothing wrong with that.
tommygunxj1.jpg

AAGGH its just a piece of plastic. I was expecting something else to plug into my wiimote, but instead i just get an overpriced piece of plastic! It may be cool, but the third party people have already been doing it for some time now, and all it is is a plastic holder for the wiimote and nunchuck. Why would i want to pay 20.00 for that.

::|wolf|:: said:
AAGGH its just a piece of plastic. I was expecting something else to plug into my wiimote, but instead i just get an overpriced piece of plastic! It may be cool, but the third party people have already been doing it for some time now, and all it is is a plastic holder for the wiimote and nunchuck. Why would i want to pay 20.00 for that.

You have a point, I would rather just play shooters with my wiimote and nunchunk alone, without any attachments.

RivalDestiny said:
You have a point, I would rather just play shooters with my wiimote and nunchunk alone, without any attachments.

It's all about the feel though. People like the idea of holding something like a gun to play instead.

qwertyasdf said:
You're looking at the wrong places. I buy from Hong Kong and it's here within 1 week. Loving the savings.

I've had too many bad experiences. I'm not buying anything from overseas.

I don't like it. I'd much rather just use the remote and nunchuck seperately. Even if I wanted to use a gun attachment, I wouldn't want to use that one.

They showed it with Resident Evil and Medal of Honor, so one would assume one of those games...

I'll be slightly annoyed if they package it with games and charge extra for it or if they don't offer the games without.

Last edited:
Wade said:
They showed it with Resident Evil and Medal of Honor, so one would assume one of those games...

I'll be slightly annoyed if they package it with games and charge extra for it or if they don't offer the games without.

There's a better chance of an asteroid hitting the Earth this week then the Zapper coming with Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicals fror $19.99. :) That game will be a such a huge hit on it's own for $49.99, so no need to lose money. My guess is it comes with a bare-bones shooting game, much like Wii Play and Wii Sports were more like demos to show the Wii's ability than actual games.

White Knight said:
There's a better chance of an asteroid hitting the Earth this week then the Zapper coming with Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicals fror $19.99. :)
What are you saying? I never suggested they would sell RE: UC for $19.99. I said I would prefer it if they didn't charge extra for the Zapper, not the game. So I would rather they not charge more than $49.99 for a normal game packaged with the Zapper. Or perhaps that's not what you meant...

That game will be a such a huge hit on it's own for $49.99, so no need to lose money. My guess is it comes with a bare-bones shooting game, much like Wii Play and Wii Sports were more like demos to show the Wii's ability than actual games.
Now that makes more sense. Now that you mention Wii Play, I wouldn't be surprised if it was packaged with something similar.

Wade said:
What are you saying? I never suggested they would sell RE: UC for $19.99. I said I would prefer it if they didn't charge extra for the Zapper, not the game. So I would rather they not charge more than $49.99 for a normal game packaged with the Zapper. Or perhaps that's not what you meant...

Actually, Nintendo officially stated the Zapper will be $19.99 AND come with a game. I'm just saying that game will definatly NOT be RE: UC, because no way would we ever get that much of a bargan. I'm saying the game will likely be a bare-bones bargan game just included to show off the features of the Zapper.

Back