Official Wii Zapper just announced

The way I understood it, the Zapper would be priced at $19.99 by itself, not the Zapper and a game (whether that game be a "bare-bones bargain game" or not).

But there's really no use in discussing this, as we will eventually find out anyway...

Last edited:
White Knight said:
There's a better chance of an asteroid hitting the Earth this week then the Zapper coming with Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicals fror $19.99. :) That game will be a such a huge hit on it's own for $49.99, so no need to lose money. My guess is it comes with a bare-bones shooting game, much like Wii Play and Wii Sports were more like demos to show the Wii's ability than actual games.

Yeah, I suspect a lightweight like Wii Play, they're going to want to give people a reason to pick this thing up.

@David and Wade
cnet:
crave.cnet.com said:
If you don't plan on getting any of those shooters but still want to have some Zapper-centric goodness, the Wii Zapper will be shipping with its own pack-in software. No details have been announced about what the software is, but good money says it'll be something with the words "Duck" and "Hunt" in the title. The Wii Zapper and its pack-in game will together retail for $20 when they ship later this year.

They should retool something like Operation Wolf instead. That'd be fun.

Last edited:
Wade said:
The way I understood it, the Zapper would be priced at $19.99 by itself, not the Zapper and a game (whether that game be a "bare-bones bargain game" or not).

But there's really no use in discussing this, as we will eventually find out anyway...

Oh, I thought it was $199.99 with a game. Well, we'll see. If it does come with a game for that price, even if the game is simple and sucks, it's still worth the price. We'll see, hopefully it'll come out before Christmas.

White Knight said:
Oh, I thought it was $199.99 with a game. Well, we'll see. If it does come with a game for that price, even if the game is simple and sucks, it's still worth the price. We'll see, hopefully it'll come out before Christmas.

Check three posts up. It is bundled with a game. Not for $200 though.

Ehh it looks pretty cool. It's better than holding up two hands next to your head for a while.

wiigun.jpg

i loved that one way more

Back