Official Wii Zapper relase date/info

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
Not sure if i am going to get it. I will have to see how the reviews are... But it comes with the zelda training game....

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=13400
REDMOND, Wash., Sept. 10, 2007 - Nintendo announced today that the Wii Zapper™ interface for the hit Wii™ home video game system will come packed with Link's Crossbow Training™. The software is based on the hugely popular Legend of Zelda® series and provides a perfect demonstration of the way the Wii Zapper could be used in other games. The Wii Zapper casing houses both the motion-sensitive Wii Remote™ and Nunchuk™ controllers in a single unit for precision targeting. It goes on sale Nov. 19 at an MSRP of just $19.99.

"The Wii Zapper combines our remarkable controllers into one housing with a classic style reminiscent of arcade-style games," says George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. "Both veteran and first-time players will find it brings a whole new dimension to games where targeting is key and provides even more exciting game-play experiences."

Link's Crossbow Training drops players into a world in the style of The Legend of Zelda®: Twilight Princess. Players assume the identity of hero Link, who progresses through a series of tests to perfect his crossbow marksmanship. Start with stationary bull's-eyes and graduate to moving targets before defending Link against all kinds of enemies.

Third-party publishers have lined up to support the Wii Zapper. EA's Medal of Honor Heroes™ 2 lets players take World War II into their hands with the Wii Zapper. The game features an all-new Wii-exclusive Arcade Mode that offers accessibility to gamers of all skill levels, a full single-player campaign and support for up to 32 players in multiplayer. Capcom's Resident Evil®: The Umbrella Chronicles reveals the back story behind the fall of the Umbrella Corporation by exploring locations from Resident Evil 0, 1, 2 and 3, as well as new never-before-seen locations like Umbrella's stronghold. One or two players use the Wii Zapper to take aim against a horde of zombies in first-person perspective. SEGA's Ghost Squad™ lets players replicate the arcade light-gun experience at home with the Wii Zapper.

Remember that Wii features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other Wii features, visit Wii.com.

The worldwide innovator in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii™, Nintendo DS™, Game Boy® Advance and Nintendo GameCube™ systems. Since 1983, Nintendo has sold nearly 2.4 billion video games and more than 420 million hardware units globally, and has created industry icons like Mario™, Donkey Kong®, Metroid®, Zelda™ and Pokémon®. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Western Hemisphere. For more information about Nintendo, visit the company's Web site at www.nintendo.com.

Yay, the one year anniversary of my wii, I can play a stupid zelda knockoff with an overpriced, chunk of plastic that has my hands in the wrong order.

Brawny said:
Yay, the one year anniversary of my wii, I can play a stupid zelda knockoff with an overpriced, chunk of plastic that has my hands in the wrong order.

Yay!

Stop the sarcasm, its not that expensive, and it looks pretty kool. I cant wait to play metriod 3 with this!

Why have they released it with a game that bases on a bow and arrow? It's a gun attachment! Although this game is not the real talking point, I'd want to play this game using the Wiimote and Nunchuck, and I'd want to hold the Nunchuck in front, then hold B and pull the Wiimote back above my shoulder, and let go of B, like a bow and arrow! (I could probably do this put there wouldn't be any point in pulling the Wiimote back - I want that as a necessary gesture).

But now back to the Zapper, I don't really like it either. I'll probably just not connect the Nunchuck so it's loose, and use it like that.

Goose461 said:
Stop the sarcasm, its not that expensive, and it looks pretty kool. I cant wait to play metriod 3 with this!

Good look using the grapple lasso with your nunchuk stuck in that contraption!

Exactly right. MP3 wasn't made for the Zapper.

I find the decision to make a Zelda Crossbow game to be bad form. Come on, this is Zelda. It's one of Nintendo's premier franchises that hardcore gamers keep coming back for more and more. You don't do stuff like this to your premier franchises.

IcedEarth81 said:
I find the decision to make a Zelda Crossbow game to be bad form. Come on, this is Zelda. It's one of Nintendo's premier franchises that hardcore gamers keep coming back for more and more. You don't do stuff like this to your premier franchises.
That's what I was thinking, I thought it would have came with more of an unknown 'demo' game, like Wii Sports but for shooting (Wii Shoot anyone? Or how about Wii Zap?). Maybe they did it because a lot of people will probably want this Zelda game, simply because it's a Zelda game, albeit a mini-game, and therefore they'll have to get the Zapper, then seens as they have the Zapper they might get interested in other full Zapper-based games.

That's exactly why they did it. They are cashing in on the popularity of Zelda. It's a smart move in terms of business but I don't really care for it.

Psh, who cares guys. Were you not going to by the wii zapper, because I was anyways. And I suspected it to cost $20 so the fact that they give you a game to experiment with it does me no harm. I'm glad it was link, wouldn't care if it wasn't. How could you complain about it though?

This is incredible. A piece of plastic that keeps you from being able to move your nunchuck and wiimote around properly. What's the big deal? Making games compatible with the damn piece of plastic means no more than removing any actions that require nunchuck movement. Do yourself a favor and build your own zapper out of cardboard or something.

actually only games with b as fire are compatible,

also it is for the fact that it makes it more like a gun, and makes it more fun for some people like me,

the game however is just a cheap cash in and seen as im gonna get 2 zappers im gonna sell at least one game if not both on ebay,

daviduk200 said:
actually only games with b as fire are compatible,

also it is for the fact that it makes it more like a gun, and makes it more fun for some people like me,

the game however is just a cheap cash in and seen as im gonna get 2 zappers im gonna sell at least one game if not both on ebay,
You know it would seem to make more sense if the Z button was used for fire . A bit more like a real firearm .
I also think that the Z button without the Zapper for 'fire' would really work . What do you think ?

Back