officially lost interest in wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
kev said:
I totally lost interest after last weekend still not finding one. Friend called me today and said they saw a couple at walmart and I didn't even feel like calling or attempting to spend 15 minutes to go look.

Ridiculous that in march I have to rush to a store and try to fight for the last one.. I am surely not going to stand outside in the cold for an hour before a store opens 4 months after a console has been released to get one. Just simply don't care anymore, the hype is over and still no stock. Oh well.

If I see one at this point I'm not even bothering. Just lost interest in it all together. Probally for the best, don't need to waste more time than I already do :)
To quote Justin Timberlake: "Cry me a river."

lol. thanks for letting me know this, i will sleep easy tonight.

i got my wii on feb 7th and i pre-ordered it! thats how popular this console is!

I just walked into games and luckily got one.
A stock of 9 ran out in 7 minutes though.

If u really lost interest then go order a ps3..shops would be stacked with them

I looked for about 2 weeks for a Wii. The first week was just sort of "check if they got them while I'm there". The 2nd week was a active "calling and asking if they recieved any yet".

Went into K-mart and talked with a very friendly lady. Said they get 1-2 a week usually. She took my name & cell number down. Called me 2 days later when their next shipment came in. I was there 15 minutes later, purchasing my Wii ^-^;

Be friendly with the sales staff. They can go an extra mile to help you if motivated by kindness.

I bought mine 2 days before christmas, they said "No chance of getting one for a few weeks" and that when it restocks they will tell me, but the next day, they told me to come pick it up. Maybe they liked me!

My wii was purely out of luck. I went into a store to buy a new gc game when i saw the guy behind me loading them into shelves. I pciked 1 up (it was bestbuy) and bought it. I then looked for my game again and they didnt have it. So i went to eb games and while looking for the game i saw them loading wii controllers so i bought 3 and 3 nunchucks. Then i just bought the game 4 wii

oo and likemy new sig?

I'm just playing the waiting game with getting a Wii. I'm far too lazy to constantly call stores asking for a Wii. Also, there actually aren't any games out YET that really interest me. :/ That's IMO.

all you got to do is call and get there in the morning, what else would you be doing, sleeping...which is over rated.

RedProdigy said:
I'm just playing the waiting game with getting a Wii. I'm far too lazy to constantly call stores asking for a Wii. Also, there actually aren't any games out YET that really interest me. :/ That's IMO.

Then you don't deserve to get one IMHO. Have you actually seen it in real life? have you even played Wii sports or the Zelda game? There are alot of upcoming games but If you haven't actually played a game on the Wii, I highly recommend checking it out

There are MANY easy things Americans can do. Google Wii Target finder, or just Wii finder in general. There are two sites that track stock in your entire zip code. Alot of Stores are getting ships held til Sunday.

CandyLadyNJ said:
Then you don't deserve to get one IMHO. Have you actually seen it in real life? have you even played Wii sports or the Zelda game? There are alot of upcoming games but If you haven't actually played a game on the Wii, I highly recommend checking it out

Whow, whow, whow. Being a little harsh. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding. I'm not interested much in the games that are out already. I don't like the Zelda franchise and I've wavered on Red Steel (from a definite buy to just rent it). I can give you 7 future games on the Wii right off the bat that I want. I'm just waiting so I can get a Wii without much effort (unless something I want comes out).

i was in the same situation as you. I was looking for almost 2 months everyday, calling, checking trackers, I finally lucked out and got one. I felt like giving up and I didn't care anymore. But I say just keep at it, you'll get one soon if you have a good strategy. Sign up for trackers, email in stock lists, and you'll get one. I just got one from Amazon (w/ free 2 day shipping) about 2 weeks ago for a friend. Got alerted via email it was in stock. So keep at, don't listen to the negativity here, buncha kids here IMO who are stuck up Nintendo fan boys and who believe the Wii will solve global warming. Keep at it homie, here are some sites that helped me.

www.itrackr.com
www.nowinstock.net (sign up for the email alerts)
http://crayz.org/target_wii.php?zip=xxxxx (replace the X with your zip code)

I think i'm in the complete opposite situation as you guys...when PS3 first came out i waited on line outside bestbuy for 4 days...and still didn't get one...Basicly game up on consoles then! Wasn't even looking for a Wii

Then this weekend a friend called me and asked if i'd wait on line with her...got there when the store opened and still got one(Last one but still got one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back