Oh Man I Gave Up My Wii!......For a Little Bit.

i would never in my life mod a system which has online captabilities/updates. Its alright with a console like gamecube or n64 because once its done, its done, no firmware upgrades, all games will always work. however you never know getting your wii modded may turn round and bite you from behind. im not against pirate software, i have harddrives with 500+gig of pirate stuff, developers and publishers make enough money anyway so it dosnt really hurt them, however modding a system like the wii is pure stupidity imo.

MasterJedi2U said:
Thats good in my opinion. All these modchips are pathetic. I hope they destroy your Wii. Maybe next time you'll learn to be happy with what you got originally.

Well said. Modders shouldn't be allowed online play

Well its def silly to mod your wii with a chip that isn't upgradeable haha. Wiinja. But with CycloWiz, every time Nintendo releases and update that blocks the chip, CycloWiz will come out with an update upgradeable by DVD. That is of course Nintendo even cares to do an update to disable chips. They may not care because so many users will not have a chip at all (for whatever reason).

hmmm are you sure? I heard the WiiKey is the only chip with upgrade DVD. And it can play Homebrew aswell. Seems to be the best one so far, I think.

TexasDudeUSA said:
Well its def silly to mod your wii with a chip that isn't upgradeable haha. Wiinja. But with CycloWiz, every time Nintendo releases and update that blocks the chip, CycloWiz will come out with an update upgradeable by DVD. That is of course Nintendo even cares to do an update to disable chips. They may not care because so many users will not have a chip at all (for whatever reason).

betteryet, the cyclowiz ( v2 ) is impossible to detect. It makes a modification to the drive and then lets it do the rest. You could even take out the chip after you booted your backup and it would still work.

Secumfex said:
hmmm are you sure? I heard the WiiKey is the only chip with upgrade DVD. And it can play Homebrew aswell. Seems to be the best one so far, I think.

The wiikey cannot play wii homebrow, only gc homebrew and so can the cyclowiz. The cyclowiz is also upgradable by dvd

I don't understand all of this anti-modchip anger out there. I can understand you people may be against piracy which is fine but you should learn to distinguish piracy from modding. Some people want mod chips so that they can indeed use a back-up. Some people do do this to help protect their originals. The sad thing is that mod chips are given a negative connotation because people think anyone who uses one is immediately a pirate and that just seems like a pointless stereotype.

how do i get those wii chips or where do I send it in, i want my wii to play dvd's, aint there a chip for that?

psyichic said:
I don't understand all of this anti-modchip anger out there. I can understand you people may be against piracy which is fine but you should learn to distinguish piracy from modding. Some people want mod chips so that they can indeed use a back-up. Some people do do this to help protect their originals. The sad thing is that mod chips are given a negative connotation because people think anyone who uses one is immediately a pirate and that just seems like a pointless stereotype.

you might as well be a pirate... your doing something that nintendo didn't intend for you to do. its illegal in nintendo's eyes (and it maybe in the governemnt's, im not sure) but as long as they are the one who supplies you with ur system just be respectful and play it the way they intended

psyichic said:

Yes you b*stards! I'm not a pirate I just want to *ahem* back up my cds - wink wink. What do you think I'm going to do? buy pirate games from the dodgy guy down the market... Oooh that reminds me I gotta get there before 12 and he heads off...

har har me-hearties! Yo ho ho!

scubasteve said:
you might as well be a pirate... your doing something that nintendo didn't intend for you to do. its illegal in nintendo's eyes (and it maybe in the governemnt's, im not sure) but as long as they are the one who supplies you with ur system just be respectful and play it the way they intended

I don't follow your reasoning. Just because someone is using their Wii for things that Nintendo didn't specifically design it for, doesn't make them a pirate. They paid their money to buy the system, and they should be able to do what they please with it (as long as its legal). If they brick their systems, then thats their business. I don't understand this hate for doing anything other than the norm. Do you also consider running linux on your computer being a pirate, because it was "Designed for Windows XP "?

i cant play my wii in weekdays only fridays and saturday and sunday i slowly turn crazy every day until friday

Im not against modding atall. i got my xbox modded so i could download every game for free and it saved me hundreds of pounds. sadly as i could get every game out there i was never satisfied with any of them. so i dont think ill be doing the same to my wii

Nintendo has made billions over the years so **** them. Why do some of you people care so much about not ripping off billion dollar companies, trust me they dont care and can easily afford it. I one the other hand cannot afford all the games i would love to own and modding is the answer.

Back