Ok I got a wireless router.. Know what?

Ya but theres nothing about hooking it to a wii obviousliy...

are you asking how to get your router to work with your internet,... like... setting it up,,,, or... hooking your wii up to your router

oh, well. i dont have a Wii. but i think you have to go to some Options menu on the Wii Menu and look for something related to internet, then something about looking for an access point . and when it lists the results, you choose whichever one is yours.

Enter the Wii Options -> Wii Settings Internet -> Connection Settings -> Connection 1 -> Wireless Connection -> Search for an access point

This is assuming you have no security configuration in place, and anyone can access your wireless network. If the router defaults to wireless off (which I have yet to see) then you may have to enter the router config through a wired computer on the network and change the config. Good luck.

***post moderated for language

Read the manual. Do what it says. Set up Wii after. Simple.

tuned said:
Enter the Wii Options -> Wii Settings Internet -> Connection Settings -> Connection 1 -> Wireless Connection -> Search for an access point

This is assuming you have no security configuration in place, and anyone can access your wireless network. If the router defaults to wireless off (which I have yet to see) then you may have to enter the router config through a wired computer on the network and change the config. Good luck.
You don't seem to understand. He bought a wireless router, and hasn't done ANYTHING with it yet. Not even set it up.

Thanks, Its just i have always had Cogeco Digital internet, so i bought a router and have know clue what to do

Try to hook up the router to your computer first. the router is for your computer! The router routes signals to other devices that can use wireless internet and such. like the wii!!! than just leave that whole thing along and go to your wii and set it up on your wii to get the internet. there's a manual for all this.

Back