ok,i got my wireless wifi max connected with excellent signal!but....

gilmario33

WiiChat Member
Jan 20, 2007
but.....my wii cant find the connection? it can find the dongle fine enough? and ive shared my broadband with the wifimax,hence how its not connected and excellent signal!? any ideas on why my wii aint finding it? any tips?

cheers!

Is there software for using on computer, and is the software allowing it through?

Basically mate i would send it back/sell it and get the official one, these unofficial ones are hardly cheaper and have loads of problems, the official ones say they are for only DS but they work with Wii, and i have one they work like a charm!

what you mean is there any software not allowing it through?like a firewal you mean? ive disabled my firewall, still aint workin! anyone else got any ideas why my wii wont find this connection properly??? ta

gilmario33 said:
but.....my wii cant find the connection? it can find the dongle fine enough? and ive shared my broadband with the wifimax,hence how its not connected and excellent signal!? any ideas on why my wii aint finding it? any tips?

cheers!

hahahah dongle. *ahem* uhh what? :D

witch wireless network environment are you using ?

802.11n
802.11g
802.11b
802.11a ? etc....

and what is "wifi max" ? did u mean "wimax" (802.16) ?

802.11b+g mixed mode. the router thing its self is called a wifimax! its meant for the ds, but can work on the wii. i had it working the first few days i got it. but then my computer turned off. ever since, cant get anything, just now it says my wireless is connected but no signal.

gilmario33...

easy man... first.. is your pc or the wii who says is connected but has no signal at all ?

first of all, tell your pc is running the internet and completely connected to the wireless enviroment WITH signal...

after this we'll try put your on that network...

is you pc connected to the wireless network just fine already ?

what you mean? well yeah it says my wireless network is connected, but there is no signal at all!???

is your computer set to receive ip from dhcp server ? in this case, your router.

And did your pc get this ip correctly ?

as far as i know its going for ip?? ive tired putting the ip in manually on my wii. but still nothing???

Back