Okami heading to the Wii?

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Many Wii gamers have expressed their need for Okami to make its way to the Wii console, and according to a recent rumour it may just be on the cards.

... a reliable industry insider unaffiliated with Capcom told us that the company is seriously considering creating a Wii version and may even be working on it as we speak. However, when we asked Capcom UK for confirmation of Okami's move to Wii we got this response: "Officially we have no plans for Okami on Wii at this time. Research and development are always looking at possibilities but given Clover is now closed for business, I think it highly unlikely a Wii version would be possible."

So there you have it - officially it's not happening but it's by no means a flat-out denial. And even with the closure of Clover Studios it wouldn't be that difficult for a team to port it across, particularly when you consider a lot of Clover staffers are likely to head over to Capcom once the studio finally shuts its doors next month.

Link: http://wii.ign.com/articles/764/764007p1.html

With its numerous similarities in overall gameplay Okami has been likened to The Legend of Zelda series in the past, so i guess a port of the title wouldn't be so far-fetched.

Any interest here in Okami?

I just looked it up on Wikipedia and I love the storyline and the concept. But I've never been a huge fan of cell shading (don't even bring up LoZ: The Wind Waker. However I'm willing to give this a try so I hope that Capcom is smart and develops this game for the Wii with a great new storyline or sequel. I don't exactly see how its linked to Zelda though?

MasterJedi2U said:
I just looked it up on Wikipedia and I love the storyline and the concept. But I've never been a huge fan of cell shading (don't even bring up LoZ: The Wind Waker. However I'm willing to give this a try so I hope that Capcom is smart and develops this game for the Wii with a great new storyline or sequel. I don't exactly see how its linked to Zelda though?
me neither but the reason this game would be cool are the controls. instead of using an analogue as a brush just use the wiimote :D

Its a good game
playing it on the ps2
It looks very diffrent to zeda
The game plays diffrent to Zelda
It is not a zelda wana be

Heard some rumors stirring up on some forums..it would perfect for the wii. The wiimote can be used for painting different moves and the nunchuck for moving.

It is better suited to the wii

You guys should just get the PS2 version instead of waiting for something that probably won't happen, it's a really great game and the controls actually work and feel good despite not being controlled via touchscreen or wiimote. It's the closest to Zelda on the PS2, but it's by no means a Zelda clone.

God, I absolutely adore this game.
And If it were on the Wii it'd be so much better.
Specially if it were anything like the Twilight Princess wolf.
So awesome.

Yeah this game sure looked awesome in a Zelda kind of way and the whole paint brush angle makes it perfect for the wii

I heard its not coming out for the Wii but I dont if it doesn't but if it does Ill get it.

This is one of those games that the Wii was built for, I really hope they port it - and do a good job porting it...

Back