Okami

ocdan

Pastafarian
Oct 16, 2006
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Im so far like 30hrs into the game and just realized how awesome this game would be for the wii, with all the paiting and that stuff. It is one of those titles youd rather see from Nintendo anyway. Too bad Clover Studios is gone though :(

Yes, but that game had a massive following so I wouldn't be suprised if they subsidize out to a different studio to simply port the game to the Wii. Let's face it, if they know they can sell, then we have a bigger chance of seeing it.

NeMeZyZ said:
thats proof that ps2 is copying nintendo. thats the biggest wanna b e zelda EVER!

Whoa whoa, I don't know about that. Okami is an original very art based video game. An accusation like that is very ignorant IMO.

NeMeZyZ said:
thats proof that ps2 is copying nintendo. thats the biggest wanna b e zelda EVER!
Man some of u will think up anythign to throw it in ps2's/ps3's face. Yea okami didnt copy anything u dumbass. Always excuses and bullshit from some of the nintendo fanboys on here it pisses me off. And look who ur defending, when the gamecube remakes ps1 games.

I was wondering when I'd see a thread about this. I remember hearing about this game about a year before it finally came out and during that year, Wii was announced and all I thought was why wouldn't they put this on Wii? Seriously it's a perfect game to display Wii's controller and it's really quite good I've read in reviews. I heard Capcom was working on a title for Wii and that Capcom was excited about the console, so it's possible.

NateTheGreat said:
I was wondering when I'd see a thread about this. I remember hearing about this game about a year before it finally came out and during that year, Wii was announced and all I thought was why wouldn't they put this on Wii? Seriously it's a perfect game to display Wii's controller and it's really quite good I've read in reviews. I heard Capcom was working on a title for Wii and that Capcom was excited about the console, so it's possible.
so true... and to the dumbass who said okami is copying TP...shut up... okami has been in the works almost a year before TP began. And what, its a wolf... does that make it copying? I dont see any guy running around in a tunis swinging a sword I dont see any triforce. The closest this can resemble to is Wind Waker, just by the cell-shadedness... start reading books

Mhmm I have to say it would be a lot easier to play this game on a PS2 than the Wii, have you ever tried to draw a circle with connecting ends with a laser pen :p? It's bloody hard I'll tell you, however just using the analogue stick you could roll it around at an even speed and get :O a circle. The generall idea of using the Wiimote and nunchuk for this game lends its self very well in theory though in practice some people simply have steadier hands than others ;)

ocdan said:
thats why you can adjust the sensivity of the wiimotes pointer

It's not a matter of the sensitivity, rather the point that its hard to draw a connecting circle in the air and is much easier to use an analogue stick.

Taero said:
It's not a matter of the sensitivity, rather the point that its hard to draw a connecting circle in the air and is much easier to use an analogue stick.
Sure it's hard to draw circle with a laser pointer; most laser pointers are tiny and the pinpoint of light they create is even smaller. The wiimote, however is quite a bit larger and the circle that you would be drawing in Okami would be represented on screen, so you wouldn't have difficulty joining the two ends. Think about it this way: you are going to draw a circle on paper, which is easier to use? A fine-point pen, or a fat-tip marker? The laser pointer is like the fine-point pen, while the fat-tip is the wiimote. Most of us can agree that it's easier to draw a circle with a marker than a pen. As for using the PS2's analog stick to draw a circle, it's sort of comparable to drawing a circle using one of those USB computer tablets; a.k.a. it's really not intuitive or fun. Have you even played Okami?

Okami was made for Wii or at the very least, the DS, but preferably the Wii because it would really look and play nice.

Back