Old classics to be forgotten?

Wiitendo

Banned
Jan 28, 2007
Mushroom kingdom :P
Am I the only one who thinks games like yoshi story, and Donkey kong 64 need a rebirth. What would happen if nintendo made a donkey kong 64 sequal and donkey kong finnal evolves from a series to a nintendo franchise! for the wii, or gamecube or both! Im tired of seeing yoshi and DK in mario party and mario sports games. These charecters deserve a rebirth, fans would know about RARE quiting on nintendo, but nintendo still has the licence and owner ship to DK! Dose anyone know if one is comming out for wii or gamecube?

I hated Donkey Kong 64, it's seriously my least favorite game next to The Simpsons Skateboarding and Superman 64.

As for Yoshi's Story, it just had a rebirth, it's called Yoshi's Island DS.

Er, there was Donkey Kong Jungle Beat.

They also have Diddy Kong Racing for DS, but that was also produced by RARE.

HOW COULD YOU HATE DK 64??? it was sooo good, the story line, the lvs, the charecters, the multiplayer, the graphics, it was all grougous! Please explain Neo, im just as curious as I am shocked! :ee5k:

I agree DK 64 was flippin awesome. My favourite game for the N64. There was multiplayer in it? But yea I also love playing as the other monkey dudes too I can only remember DK and that guy who shot I think Grapes through bamboo. But I was young when I played it soo...

Wiitendo said:
HOW COULD YOU HATE DK 64??? it was sooo good, the story line, the lvs, the charecters, the multiplayer, the graphics, it was all grougous! Please explain Neo, im just as curious as I am shocked! :ee5k:

Like many RARE games, the main appeal was all of the flash, mainly the graphics. To me it was just a collectathon that ultimatley lead to nothing, there was no rewarding gameplay. Just switch to another monkey to get another pointless item, kind of like some mmos...you waste your life ultimatley doing things are unfun and pointless.

The graphics were awesome, it had a lot of charm, nice sized levels, but good gameplay was nowhere to be found.

Most of you guys were kids when it came out, you might have different opinions if you play it again to see if it really was that good. I played it when I was 9 and hated it, played it when I was 15 just to make sure I was right and sure enough I hated it again.

Also, yes, I know platformers have advanced somewhat since it came out, but I'd still say it sucked for its time based on other 3D platformers of the time.

Last edited:
DK64 was much better than it's Super Nintendo counterparts but I still don't like it that much. I was never a big fan of donkey kong, he needs more of a gripping story because the crocodile/alligator enemies don't really hold my interest.

i was never a fan of yoshi or DK...they just arent very appealing, andnintendo doesnt NEED to bring them out. They cant compete with todays games unfortunately...mario/luigi are the real legends, even microsoft/sony fanboys respect mario. But its not the same for yoshi or DK

I disliked Yoshi's story, and find the Yoshi Island DS to be quite challenging and fun.

DK64 I played as an adult and enjoyed it a lot, and would love to see it come back again, or another game similar to it.

I can see the pov of not feeling it has a point, but for me, I enjoy collecting pointless junk in games (with the exception of the figurines in WW)

Back