Old games. Hardest things ever?

Drakkhen for snes was confusing but fun as hell! Took me a while to beat it the first time, but then it was easy.

yes, Silver Surfer, TMNT, Gradius, Ninja Gaiden. All good examples. I beat all but silver surfer.

Tough Games I could beat: Adventures of Bayou Billy, Punch Put, Metal Gear, MEgaMan, GRadius III, Castelvania 1 -4, Top Gun, Iron Sword, Rygar, Zelda 1-3, Final Fantasy 1-3.

Games I couldnt beat: Deadly Towers, Section Z, Spy Hunter. Double Dragon III. Bart Vs the Space Mutants.

T&C surf design? I would go forever and forever without knowing when it would end.

Remember Operation Wolf? one of my first games, couldnt beat the last boss.

Many more. Wow, I wasted so much time.

Try Ecco The Dolphin, my friends.

Yeaah, games were too hard back then. They're getting too easy now, especially a lot of Nintendo games lately. They need to start adding a Hardcore level normal, and Casual or Beginner level normal to games.

yes they are too easy these days. One great example is Super Paper Mario......That would be such a great game if it wasnt the easiest childs game i have ever played. I mean, you cannot die, period.

Everyone keeps saying contra.....whcih everyone has beaten 10000 times. Try Super C, or Contra III on hard. What are you guys talking about????? Contra.....the code man, the code.

or the *****-ass contra for gameboy I had.

Speaking of Contra.. has anyone beaten Contra: Shattered Soldier? I've made it to the final boss, but could never actually finish it.

Last edited:
Nope...
How about UN Squadron for SNES?

man Zelda 2 the adventure of link on the nes is like the hardest game I've every played. i hate the guys that throw those boomarangs and how bout those ones ones in the duengeons how they have the shield and its really hard to hit them.
really got me annoyed:mad5:

link125 said:
man Zelda 2 the adventure of link on the nes is like the hardest game I've every played. i hate the guys that throw those boomarangs and how bout those ones ones in the duengeons how they have the shield and its really hard to hit them.

Needs to play contra
Or one life Metail slug (any)(record is level three on X)(Neo geo pocket ones dont count)

Or one life any game thats hard and has lifes (streets of rage 2 on mainia works fine level 2 boss)

Last edited:
Streets of Rage 2, mania level bosses are hard. R. Bear and Zanza are BASTARDS!!!
Shiva is still easy, and Abadade (spell?) is hard as HELL!

Since going to college I reintroduced my snes into my life and I am still unable to beat Batman Forever. Hardest game I have ever been introduced to...

link125 said:

Everyone lists this game also, one of the first games I beat. I got this game before I got LoZelda. The boomerang guys are like any other guy on a video game with a boomerang, either jump or duck. The knight guys with the shields you are talking about, jump at them and slash on your way down while ducking.....you will register a hit where the shield is and on the half without the shield, and those dudes give you the most treasure and XP out of the game. When you see one of those dudes, celebrate. It gets harder on the 2nd continent, but other than the last level, this game isnt too hard.

back to tough games...............MArble Madness......impossible

anyone remember Golgo 13? IMPOSSIBLE. I have 2 pretty cool Golgo-13 anime movies.

Anyone remember this? You could get to some town on the 2nd continent, and get on the roof. Then you could do something like jump out of the screen and turn into a fairy, and then you were in bizarro world or something? Anyone have a clue what Im talking about for Adventures of link? It was like a crazy glitch.

Last edited:
Never heard of it.
How about Hydra for the Lynx? It was fun as hell, but I never beat it.

Back