old tv without the white/yellow/red cables

kobeguy888

WiiChat Member
Dec 19, 2006
soooo..i have an old tv without the red/yellow and white cable connection?? anyways to use my wii? i have a dvd player hooked up to it with the 2 connections..can i go throught that?? or does nintendo have a cable for it??

if so..how much is the cable and is it worth it? or should i get a new tV??

At the bare minimum you can just connect a the yellow cable (video) and the the Left audio (red?). This should give you video with mono sound.

Another option is to get an RF modulator and plug in via the coax port the is used for cable/antenna.

if your dvd player has video and sound inputs you can go through the dvd player then all you have to do is browse the menu on your dvd. if its some cheap dvd player i doubt it would have some inputs but my sony has inputs and i play the wii through the dvd player cause the dvd player is connected to the surround sound

yellow is video

white and red are audio. If there is a input section on your DVD player with these it is possible to use that as an RF modulator to convert it to RF.

You think ur TV is bad? My TV only has the TV connector plug to get the signal! I'll upgrade to a flatscreen later... How long would that be?

Back