Older games that still matter today.

BudToke

WiiChat Member
Jan 30, 2009
In your opinion, what are older games that STILL matter today? As in, games that are as much joy to play as a fresh newly released high quality title today.

I'm looking to play a few older titles (Gamecube era and before) and I need some suggestions to which games still hold up their fun factor in this time and age..

Classic games remain good to this day (see some of the VC games)

It depends of the console it question

Pfft
Mentioning games that everybody has played

How about a little of Forsaken, Burning Rangers and Panzer dragoon zewi

I enjoy playing Killer Instinct, but I don't have an SNES.:(

Pretty much all of my old nintendo games are still played frequently. The age of a game has nothing to do with how good said game is.

Yep. There's a lot of hints to it in Banjo Kazooie 3.
109590-IMG_0569.JPG

(Letters on the fridge)

There's another one where one of the characters is holding a suitcase full of KI3 games, but I can't find it...

EDIT: here it is:
15737.jpg

Last edited:
Not too long ago Super Metroid managed to become my favourite game, despite the fact that I didn't play it before I got it on VC. An excellent example of a game that has survived the test of time quite well.

Goldeneye, it would be awesome if they just updated it with better graphics.

Perfect Dark still matters to me.
In fact, 8 years of my life has been dedicated to trying to get the perfect score on that game. It is possibly a bit pathetic that I still haven't arrived at it.

super mario world is a classic along with mario kart and diddy kong racing. I play those a lot.

Metal Storm. A nice cult classic game.

A platformer/Shooter/puzzle. I don't know what to call it.

The ability to manipulate gravity. The required art and perfection that makes castlevania look easy(although the passwords and continues makes it easier)

Back