regular sony blu-ray player: $500
sony PS3 with blu ray and a bunch of other stuff: $400

whats wrong with that picture?

Dkw0101 said:
at walmart

regular sony blu-ray player: $500
sony PS3 with blu ray and a bunch of other stuff: $400

whats wrong with that picture?

Heh, I guess someone didn't do thier job right.

That's why I bought a PS2 instead of a DVD player back when DVD was new. It makes more sense.

actually blu-ray players are as low as 300 dollars now. so your really paying 100 dollars for the extra stuff. lol

SensesFail said:
actually blu-ray players are as low as 300 dollars now. so your really paying 100 dollars for the extra stuff. lol
...friggen walmart con artists

I have no idea what BD player that is Wallymart is advertising (and they're hardly con artists, hahaha!) *but* keep in mind in the AVS world, there are significant differences in different standalone players (and also vs. the PS3).

Dkw0101 said:
...friggen walmart con artists
it just means it's better quality than the PS3 one, though blu-ray is blu-ray. i mean who the heck is going to notice a significant difference betweent he PS3 and a $1000 blu-ray player?

SensesFail said:
it just means it's better quality than the PS3 one, though blu-ray is blu-ray. i mean who the heck is going to notice a significant difference betweent he PS3 and a $1000 blu-ray player?
nmo what i eant is my towns walmart conning us.

they are not conning you, blu-ray players are price locked i beleive. the blu-ray your walmart is selling is better quality than the PS3 blu-ray player. but like i said, only a major tech nerd could tell the difference.

Back