OMG This is so freakin annoying!

Inferno7

Banned
Dec 28, 2007
Im so annoyed and I know this is the millionth thread about it but I just want to stress my point! My friend is anoyying now because all he cares about in a game is the graphics! Im so tired of graphics whores. They are so annoying I mean, these days its all about graphics! Where has the real fun gone? Listen to this retarded statement I heard from someone:

"Oh my god, Bioshock has the best graphics ever. It is like 1000x times better than Super Mario Galaxy. It totally deserves game of the year from X-play. Super Mario Galaxy would've never gotten it because the graphics on it suck."

Again, where has the real fun gone? I really want to stress my point:

GAMEPLAY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Graphics

Video games are not movies. They were never meant to look like movies. I agree that graphics are a big part of a game but Graphics don't make a game.

Last edited:
you have an excellent point there and I am tired of it. Even though I love good graphics is deffinetly not everything. Im also quite annoyed because of the GFX whores. I feel bad for you that you have an annoying friend like that.

Inferno7 said:
If online got taken away from Halo 3, Only a handful would quit because they would just love to look at the cinematics over and over again.
not true

i hate it how people now apparently can only have fun if there are good graphics as if lookin at a big tree wit good graphics is going to get your spirits up i mean seriously noone should care what the graphics look like as long as they are having fun. graphics can't buy fun. Wii buys fun but not graphics.
nd people hav more fun on the wii then they do wit xbox 360 or ps3 nd the wii has worse graphics.
i dont see how playing in a room alone all night playing halo is fun i mean i just dont understand it even if ur ganking noobs alnight online.

Graphics only make a game intriguing, I don't play to be amazed, I play it to have some fun and forget about whatever crap there may be. If I wanted graphics i'd create my own outside of a game.

Graphics don't make the game, games aren't like movies, games should be fun not colorful graphic, intellivision had very crappy graphic but it was the earily 80's, then came Nes same crapy graphics, SNES started to show improved graphics. Games should bbe fun not spify graphics like 'whoooooooooo ahhhhhhhhhhhh look at those beautiful graphics.

My fave game is still D & D for intellivision,

nintendo should make a download thing you can buy for the wii in the wii shop channel that makes the graphics as good as ps3 =D.

261311 said:
Graphics only make a game intriguing, I don't play to be amazed, I play it to have some fun and forget about whatever crap there may be. If I wanted graphics i'd create my own outside of a game.

wow well put although is it just me or do ps3 graphics look more real then outside jp but yea seriously u should gather up ur friends nd play twighlight princess or super smash bros that would be wicked lol use real hammers

Inferno7 said:
GAMEPLAY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Graphics
Well its a good thing you really stressed your point. Amazing thread.

graphics are wats wrong wit america ur not a real gamer if u need graphics people still played nes snes nd 64 nd they had crappy graphics but the games were awesome shure nowadays they hav both good graphics (ps3 360) nd mediocre graphics (wii) but im shure more people hav fun on the wii then they do on ps3 or 360
video games were invented to hav fun nd the wii is fufilling that all the ps3 nd 360 hav fufilled is empty our wallets nd improved graphics
i prefer the fun tyvm

...I'm stilling playing tetris and having a ball of a time.

Pacmans up next. Then maybe some super metroid.

The thing is that these games have both gameplay and graphics. People aren't saying how great the games are purely because of the graphics, they are fun too, the good looks are just an added bonus. Plus graphics can make a game much more enjoyable because of the realism that it adds.

LMAO @ The comment about people playing Halo for the graphics. Halo looks like complete and utter ****.

paintba||er said:
The thing is that these games have both gameplay and graphics. People aren't saying how great the games are purely because of the graphics, they are fun too, the good looks are just an added bonus. Plus graphics can make a game much more enjoyable because of the realism that it adds.

Yes, look at Crysis. That would of just been 'another fps' the only new thing is the suit but the graphics made the experience so much more pleasant, it pushed boundaries and that's why crysis is known.

It reminds me of a conversation that some 13 year old boys were having on some PlayStation 2 or 3 forums about how the Wii is for kids, but people like them like more mature games.

It was in somethingawful's weekend web

Back