OMG Worst Thing Ever

pbeesley

I'm The Crazy One
Dec 18, 2006
Bournemouth / UK
Wii Online Code
8622-2818-8336-9466
Right could someone please help me! :mad:

I just got a brand new Phillips 42" LCD screen. Worked Amazingly until I went and brought so component cables so I could put the Wii in "HD" mode. First game I tried was Zelda......worked great. Then Tried Mario Kart 64 again awesome but then horror struck. I went to play Street Fighter (SNES VC)

NOTE : UK PAL WII
REAL PROBLEM STARTS HERE So its starts to load but then the screen goes purple and the 'You Will need the Classic Controller' text started scrolling UP the screen :cryin: so the game starts and it bloody all scrolling up..... Absolutely unplayable. Its seems that some other people have been having similar problems but I couldn't find anyone with this problem..... http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-virtual-console/6464-video-turns-off-when-playing-virtual-console-games.html?highlight=game+problems

-To try and fix this problem I have;
-Taken wii outta HD mode and tried both 50hz and 60hz
-Changed Aspect Ratio on both TV and Wii
-Messed around with TV setting's for about an hour
-Plugged back in basic composite cables and ran in both 50hz and 60hz (GAMES WORK FINE WITH THESE CABLES)
-Screamed at Wii to try and persuade it to work
- Cried
- Looked on Net for solution
- Cried some more

I'm now begging for someone to help me out

PLEASE SAVE ME

Last edited:
i dont think your problem is really fixable....its something nintendo has to do with a firmware update....the best i can recommend for you is to try and re download the game

I checked and its happening with ALL SNES and SEGA games that I have. I think its something to do with the VC trying to run in 50hz when the TV trying to do 480i.

Any Tech Geeks have any opinions?

try smashing your telly, punch someone in the eye twice and buy a new tv

pbeesley said:
I checked and its happening with ALL SNES and SEGA games that I have. I think its something to do with the VC trying to run in 50hz when the TV trying to do 480i.

Any Tech Geeks have any opinions?

I think you're pretty much understanding the problem. I don't know the details, I have my Wii hooked up to my CRT tv via rca cables so I can't say I've been able to try playing VC games on HDTV via components, but from the looks of it, you're problem is quite common. I have seen a couple people who actually had to have Nintendo replace their Wii's which solved the problem. I'll try to find the link to another forum where I saw this being discussed.

Its because the wii outputs at 50hz rather than 60hz for NES, SNES and Megadrive games.

I have emailed Codestorm about this who are almost useless and take days to respond. They initially stated only a few tv's are affected, but when I asked them to supply me some lcd tv's which were not affected they were not able to. They were not able to give me any info on the problem, except Nintendo were looking at it, and once its resolved nintendo will issue a press release.

Hopefully Nintendo will sort this out and my Wii purchasing is on hold. Just in case I have to purchase a US version, and replace the 8 wii games and 16 VC titles I have already purchased.

Back