On the fence, ready to choose!

Sovieto

Banned
Aug 6, 2006
Okay, so I was super-sad to hear Advance Wars dosent have WiFi play, but that's not that big of a deal, well it is, but I got over it. I plan to get:
-DS Lite "Onyx" Black
-Advance Wars: Dual Strike
-Star Fox Command

But one thing is stopping me, I have my online, I have my great single player, but I don't have that game where I don't get WiFi, but don't have much time. I'm wondering if Star Fox Command has like a skirmish mode where you can dogfight while not being online. This thing, will make me decide if I want a DS or not. (well atleast for now)

Help me please!

Watch and learn:
[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=UhNClikk-FQ[/MEDIA]

You can play with five friends using just one copy of the game and four player over the internet. I'd say wait til it goes down in price a bit or get it used. Make sure to check out other games like Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble as well.

Oh, and why the heck aren't you considering the new Super Mario Brothers and/or Metroid Prime: Hunters?

Last edited:
Thanks, online is fun for 1 minute? =Z I don't like that, I'm wondering if there is a mode where you like:
Set Stage
Set # of Enemies
Set Skill Difficulty
Play.

Oh, I'm not sure about that. I'm sort of doubting it because the original StarFox and StarFox 64 didn't have a mode like that. I'm guessing after you beat the game, you can select which level to play which would sort of be what you're wanting, right?

Personally, I'm really having difficulty deciding on whether to get a DS lite or PSP. I had a PSP before and found the games pretty, but dull, so I sold it. Now the DS has some good games, but I don't see any upcoming DS games that are very mature (I don't mean I'm looking for blood and gore, but I don't like all these candy coated kidy games). PSP seems to be getting some decent games like Gangs of London, GTA, Rush, although a few of those could bomb.

Portable systems are always difficult to justify because the games are always less deep for portability-sake.

I heard of that mode. Are there difficulty settings for the game?
Get a DS, games are coming out like Panzer Tactics and what not that are kiddyish. The good games are coming out all this quarter, see GameStop or something to see the games. The PSP is just your portable system, and their only top-seller (GTA) got ported to the PS2..what does that tell you? The second GTA: Liberty City Stories is coming out, but if that is a success, then I'm sure it will be ported as well.

Yeah, that's what annoys me about both systems; too many ports! The DS has so many Mario-themed games it's just silly and all it's good games like Metroid Yoshi's Island and MechAssualt (not that great a game I've heard) are just variations on franchises that have been around for EVER! Same with PSP, if not worse. I don't see the point in the PSP because you're spending $40 per game when you could spend $10 more and have the better, more fully featured console version minus the long loading times that plague the PSP. If the DS can just get a few more original games that are interesting and innovative, I'll be more inclined to buy one. It needs a game like Okami, which would be amazing for the DS or Wii for that matter.

*EDIT* I just read a review of Gangs of London and it's apparently a pretty mediocre game. Don't know why I've been touting it. Now the DS is looking quite a bit better.

Last edited:
Back