On the Verge

Sovereign

WiiChat Member
Jan 25, 2008
Ok so i at the moment i own an xbox 360 and if you have one of your own you know that its rather easy to get to the stage when you want to throw it and gears of war out the window, it happens. Now, i dont get a lot cash.....because im a lazy 17 year old that doesnt have a job, but i just got 290 quid, and well you can see where im going, i want to buy a ps3............haha as if, umm, no im looking into getting myself a Wii because well its an entirely new experience, im just looking for some positives and negatives on the console, because i havnt as yet got the chance to test one out for myself. Thanks :yesnod: :yesnod:

Last edited:
The "new experience" (i.e., gimmick...at this point) of the controls wears off. As far as the controls go at this point, no games really utilize the whole motion thing well. The vast majority of games could be played with a traditional controller easily without missing a step.

That's not to say that there isn't fun to be had on the Wii though as there are plenty of fun games. However, it really depends on what games you're interested in. The best way to judge whether or not you'll enjoy the console is to just hit up some review websites and read about all of the games. It doesn't matter how "revolutionary" the controls are or whatever else if the games don't interest you.

Go here and read reviews of the only games worth playing, really:

http://wii.ign.com/index/choice.html

Go to the previews section to check out games that will come out in the future.

Another PS3 hater. We need SensesFail in here. The Wii is awesome, but the PS3 has more potential. It all depends on what kind of games you're looking for.

Ohh, no im not a Ps3 hater.....i dont the like the console is all, not the brand...i actually traded my Ps2 in for a Gamecube and then that for an Xbox and since then i have preffered the Xbox over the Playstation. I always try out a new console before i judge. Now i want a Wii, its something different isnt it. I get bored of the Xbox at this time of year, i have all the new games, mass effect, cod4, kane and lynch etc........

Last edited:
Well, yeah, the Wii has different games. I have one myself and love it. So you should probably get it if you're looking for something different.

i was always an xbox guy (after my n64 of course :wink: ) until i decided to get a wii.

a) it was a pain to find (circuit city will order one for you if you try hard enough, no extra charge)

b) it is a very different experience than an xbox. its nice change of pace. i love mine, and play it everyday. i have plenty of games, but i would be satisfied with wii sports (its the best game when it comes to using the motion sensing, IMO)

c) you will find that the games are not all great, but super smash bros is coming soon so thats a positive, plus you can play old school games from gamecube or download NES games

do it man

Pros: Cheaper than the competition. Games are a lot of fun and some are very unique. Exclusives (Mario, Zelda, Metroid). Motion-controls are a new way of playing. Virtual Console (if you're into that sort of thing)

Cons: hard to find. Graphics aren't on-par with the HD abilities of the XBox 360 or PS3 if you're used to that. A lot of games suck, so be sure to use sites like IGN to preview before buying. Online is still in its infancy and few games take much advantage of it at the moment. Limited storage (512MB).

Pros: Cheap, and great fun. A Wii is a good system to own because in 50 years, you'll probably go for the Wii instead of your nine different playstations... (Playstation 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...) Its innovative and great. Some games are bad, but some are great! If your a nintendo fan you'll love the Wii. Nintendo has a lot of things coming, and it'll be a good system to own soon. (BRAWL)

Cons: Graphic capabilities are lower then others, online is lacking, some games suck, and it has limited memory.

Wiimoto said:
Pros: Cheap, and great fun. A Wii is a good system to own because in 50 years, you'll probably go for the Wii instead of your nine different playstations... (Playstation 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...) Its innovative and great. Some games are bad, but some are great! If your a nintendo fan you'll love the Wii. Nintendo has a lot of things coming, and it'll be a good system to own soon. (BRAWL)

Cons: Graphic capabilities are lower then others, online is lacking, some games suck, and it has limited memory.

Good job of copying and pasting the person above you.

And in 50 years, I doubt anyone will still be playing the Wii or quite possibly any video games for that matter.

gatorbay said:
i was always an xbox guy (after my n64 of course :wink: ) until i decided to get a wii.

a) it was a pain to find (circuit city will order one for you if you try hard enough, no extra charge)

b) it is a very different experience than an xbox. its nice change of pace. i love mine, and play it everyday. i have plenty of games, but i would be satisfied with wii sports (its the best game when it comes to using the motion sensing, IMO)

c) you will find that the games are not all great, but super smash bros is coming soon so thats a positive, plus you can play old school games from gamecube or download NES games

do it man

To be honest i dont actually mind about the limited online, its probably a relief as only a few games have online which means most people who wont online will be playing them, unlike the ps3 or 360 where you will go out and buy a game that you personaly like then find out that the sum total of 0 people play it online , ie....enchanted arms. As for the graphics thats nether here nor there, doesnt really bother me .

I find it interesting that the more I read, the more I realize people don't really care much about graphics. It's all about the gameplay. I've used this example before and I'll use it again: The Grand Theft Auto series always sacrificed graphics for bigger maps, more freedom, more people, cars, etc. and I loved both Vice City and San Andreas for that.

Yeah I understand where he is coming from and truthfully you should get one. I'm very hard to please game wise and If you had a game cube I know you missed out on sin and punshiment and then it also seems you didn't get to play some of the games on the older system. You can get them all for cheap and you can even buy most of your GC library back for really cheap if you wanted to.

What is funny is you sound like an experienced gamer and the Oh MY GOD graphics wore off. I feel your pain! For some really different games try beating excite truck, BWii(online is like a cool advance wars), Mario of course, Res evil Wii edition it's that good!, and the new madden. I actually hate video game sports games but this one has me hooked again! Live was a let down which proves EA still does not know basket ball. Also too No more heros just came out and if you like RPG there is a LOAD of them coming actually. Then too the VC games has way too many good games to buy. Another thing cool about the Wii is it's going to take really good artist to shine on it, which is a good thing. Also don't be fooled some of the Wii play games are hard like Wii air hockey and the tank game...well not really hard but really fun. Hey but we all know why you want one Brawl of course..LOL

bad

lack of a good library, tonnes of horrible games few AMAZING games

good

the AMAZING games are truly AMAZING and the game experience is fun, fresh and awesome

i love my wii, and i love the virtual console aspect of it. i will say that there are few really good games for it at the moment, but it's barely been out a year. the graphics aren't important to me. i've played games with amazing graphics but the game sucked. although there are a lot of bad games, the system is still a young one. you know nintendo won't allow the system to fail. it's NINTENDO for crying out loud

Back