One complaint...

Mitchjg216

WiiChat Member
Mar 20, 2011
USA
I love this game, but in online multiplayer, why do the hosts always get more lag and have sound effects that are usually only in the single player campaign... like the grunts when you get hit, and all that. Why do we need hosts, anyway? It really bugs me when a host quits right at the beginning of a match.

I have to say I agree with olie.... its so annoying when someone host quits 10 seconds before the game ends... I find it really annoying when the next game I join has the host quitter on my team...

Both host lag and host quits are really getting old. I have lag everytime I host and often get out and retry cuz it's almost unplayable for me if I stay host. And them host quits!!!! Good god!!! Being a level 51 makes for alot of quits, I have a second account also where I get quit on constantly by high level players who can't handle a good beatdown.

I never realized any special sound fx when I host. Hmm - I'll have to pay more attention next time.

bugs me at the end of the match and you hear
"come on, they have almost reached their kill count"

"REloading" "reloading" "RELOADING" "reloading" "REloading" ... constant saying of reloading when your not, that bugs me!

This may help,
Instead of "reloading", think "Bill Oddie" in a gruff scottish accent.
Thats all i hear, even started a thread because of it.

Click on my name then look at the photo I took of the score board on the right. I had a great game (although the game wasn't that hi ranked) I get to the score board screen and the &*#$%@$#%^& wii froze as you can see those dreaded lines on top of the screen. The worst part is I had 55 xp to lvl 33 but My Girlfriend came home so it was game over. Then it took me over an hour to get 55 xp because of host quits.

So anyway, sorry for the rant, but between host quits, wii freezing, wii remote dieing and not pause button to talk to the women, it gets frustrating to play. I think I had one of my best games while I was on the phone with my boss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really, why can't they just set up some dedicated servers?

And how does the person with the crappiest connection get host?

This may help,
Instead of "reloading", think "Bill Oddie" in a gruff scottish accent.
Thats all i hear, even started a thread because of it.

um.... why would billy odie being trying a gruff scottish accent..... that jumped up little twit would be too busy showing everyone how "correct" he is and spotting birds (the feathered type) to practice a scots accent ( and yes i do know him- and just coz he was a comedy god- he is a tit).

and dude im scottish- i know the reloading thing- and i can CONFIRM there aint no scotsman there saying it lol

but look around even when not host- when your team reloads and you are nearish- you can hear them say it.....

BUT as a host- even when not too near- you can hear the other team reloading- thats funny coz it helps you fight the lag...

"damn i cant move right!.......never mind i hear the enemy all reloading.... FFFFIIIIIIRRRRREEEEE!" bang bang

bugs me at the end of the match and you hear
"come on, they have almost reached their kill count"
that happens to me all the time. It's not lag. And I have my wii right below my router.

I think it's worse when the host quits right before the end of a match!

I agree. I'd much rather have a host quit right as the match is starting as opposed to right before the match ends. Less time wasted. From the time a match ends until the time the next match is beginning, there aren't many opportunities to "press B" and drop out. You basically have to shut your wii off, which may not be something you want to do at that point.

Dedicated Servers.

Motion Seconded.

Ω

Thirded. But, why would Nintentdo or Activision or anyone pay for them when the game is selling without them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back