One Night Only, PAL Only MSC Tournament

DazzeL

WiiChat Member
May 25, 2007
Hi guys,
From my PC gaming experience with clanned RTS and FPS games I've learned that one night only "cups" can work really well as an intense experience. What I'm looking to do here is scout out whether there is any interest in doing a one night only Strikers cup in the following format.

- One night only! Players would register via a forums thread beforehand and then turn up online at the correct times.

- Fixtures would be posted in the forums along with the friends codes of every player in the tournament.

- Live results would be entered back into these forums as the night progresses.

- The cup would be a knockout double elimination format. This means that if you lose your first round match you would enter a "lower bracket" with other first round losers giving you a chance to still win. I'd obviously provide much more clarification on this format in an official thread should the cups go ahead. Basically the system is the same as that used the the CPL if any of you are familiar with e sports.

- Cups would be run on a Sunday evening from 2000GMT and should only last two hours or so but of course we won't know the time frames for sure until we've completed a cup.

- Backups will also be requested in case anyone doesn't turn up on the night. I'm thinking that if this sort of thing becomes a problem the no showers would simply be banned from entering future cups.

This idea has been posted to other forums. If I cannot generate enough support on a single forum I'll be contacting people on a new method to run this.

Please reply with some feedback, some suggestions and whether or not the interest is here. I really do hope so as I believe these sorts of competitions can provide an awesome gaming experience and really form a community around them.

ok, I'll keep this thread going for now but support does seem low. We will see if this changes in the next few days!

I've gone to quite a few sites now looking for support and I have to say it's lacking. The game seems fairly dead in Europe which is an absolute shame. Perhaps Nintendo fans aren't made for online gaming :p

Umm........Dazzel i know you may think it's dead but there's like 21,000 people to finish the week (season), where the Aussie one has like 500 people to finish the week........

The game may well still have legs. But I need more support from you guys. If I can't gather 8 players to play in a cup that doesn't say much for the Wii chat community. We whined for years about not having online games and now we have them we need to take full advantage. If not Nintendo were right to hold off online gaming for so long. Just keep posting your interest and I'm doing some work on other sites. I'll give everyone who's interested a PM soon to explain what's going on as I do have some plans with another website.

As another note I'd like any Americans interested in this sort of thing to get in touch with me. I want to test the water on how lag free MSC will be playing cross continent. Let me know if your willing to test out some games with me, I'm looking for a few Americans to do this with.

You from America Fastshadow? If so want to try a game to test the connection from Europe to the US?

DazzeL said:
The game may well still have legs. But I need more support from you guys. If I can't gather 8 players to play in a cup that doesn't say much for the Wii chat community. We whined for years about not having online games and now we have them we need to take full advantage. If not Nintendo were right to hold off online gaming for so long. Just keep posting your interest and I'm doing some work on other sites. I'll give everyone who's interested a PM soon to explain what's going on as I do have some plans with another website.

As another note I'd like any Americans interested in this sort of thing to get in touch with me. I want to test the water on how lag free MSC will be playing cross continent. Let me know if your willing to test out some games with me, I'm looking for a few Americans to do this with.

i'm not 100% sure, but i dont think u can play americans, only PAL users vs PAL users, NTSC vs NTSC users.

Back