One Step Closer to spending star points on wii points (UK)..

A

adf3424sdff

Hey!
Just recieved an email from nintendo about this new privacy policy thing, i skimmed through it and they stated that we will soon be able to spend out star points on wii points! Here is what they have to say for themselves, only a tidbit of info but I thought I would copy and paste the whole email (without the pictures etc though).
I have bolded the info about the points for you.

Nintendo said:
Dear Nintendo fan,

At Nintendo we respect the privacy rights of our online visitors and we recognise the importance of protecting your personal details. To allow us to implement additional features on our website, to improve our products and to adapt them to our users’ needs and preferences, we need your permission to gather information about your online activities on our web site and with Nintendo’s products..

Please review our new Privacy Policy by clicking on this link (LEE.JARRATT REMOVED LINK) and logging in to your account. Once you have read the information on that page, please use the appropriate buttons to either ACCEPT or DECLINE this new Privacy Policy.

Please note that if we haven’t received your answer by July 15, 2007, or if you choose to DECLINE our new Privacy Policy, you will from that day onwards no longer be able to use your Stars in the Stars Catalogue, as we will be forced to deactivate your Nintendo membership. No matter what you decide, you can still use your Stars and enjoy all the other benefits of the Nintendo membership account until July 15, 2007.

Also note that when you continue your Nintendo membership, from now on your Stars will automatically expire 24 months after they were added to your profile. Stars you have earned before the introduction of the new Terms and Conditions expire 12 months after the introduction of the new Terms and Conditions, which will not occur until June 1, 2008.

However, you will soon be able to swap your Stars for Wii Points in the Stars Catalogue if you linked your Wii Shop Channel account to your online Nintendo membership.

We look forward to seeing you again on our website soon, and hope you will enjoy the new generation in videogaming together with us!

Your Nintendo team

All members from Nintendo should have recieved or will revieve this email,
Lee.J

Thread Version 1.2 (beta)

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here, I hope the conversion of points isnt at a stupid rate.. As I only have 2,700 :|

Yeh I agree, I thought Stars were useless and the stars catalogue is a joke. Nintendo are doing the right thing by doing this, good on you ninty!
Lee

No, it is not the right thing :p

Where's the American love??? We get 3 free issues of Nintendo power.....just a magazine showing what stuff we can't buy :/

:lol:

Yes but your games are about half the price we pay in the UK..... I know what I would prefer to have!

[..]if you linked your Wii Shop Channel account to your online Nintendo membership

How would i go about doing this? i dont remember seeing an option in the shop channel, but then to be fair i havnt looked for a while (and i am at work now)

Cheers,

Last edited:
MrT said:
How would i go about doing this? i dont remember seeing an option in the shop channel, but then to be fair i havnt looked for a while (and i am at work now)

Cheers,

It's coming soon.. You need to of linked your Wii to your VIP/Club account. This is done on the Wii - I forget where about. Try WiiShop settings.

Yeh, you get asked to link your account when you first visit the shop channel, it should be in accounts settings.
Lee

Wii_Smurf said:
I got that
Just accepted lol, They only give you a day to accept though lol. I can't wait :)
A day to accept what?
The stars catalogue is the biggest pile of nonsense i have ever seen! Honestly, they could have give it a lot more thought, but im sure the Wii points will make up for lost time.

Wii Ron said:
A day to accept what?
The stars catalogue is the biggest pile of nonsense i have ever seen! Honestly, they could have give it a lot more thought, but im sure the Wii points will make up for lost time.

Sorry for answering the question directed at Ben :rolleyes: , a day to accept nintys new privacy policy thing.

Back