online connection

wiiwinner

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
i cant get my wii to connect to my wireless internet...it isnt even 25 feet from the router (but it is one floor lower than router)..i know its not even 25 feet cause i have a 25 foot ethernet cabel that runs from the router to my ps2 that my wii is sitting next to...so why wont it pick up a signal...

hmm is anything in your room have metal bars. My mate couldnt get his to work cause of metal bunk bed

umm no, no metal...unless it is the heating ducts that run throughout the house...but i doubt thats it...so idk...why can my laptop get internet from further away than the wii...

yeah but its further away....i just dont get how the wii that isnt 25 feet away from the router and cant get it...and my laptop can be 50+ and still get it

what is suppose to go in the SSID section in the manual setup for wireless internet...

i steal my nabours internet a couble hundred feet away so belive me the wii does not have to be closr to acsess point

Are you getting an error messages? Is your Wii atleast detecting wireless signal? Or is it detecting it and then you're getting error messages stating internet connection can not be established?

Explain in detail the problem you're running into and we'll be able to give you some better answers. Unforunately in your case, there could be a 100 different reasons why you can't connect, so the more we know, the more we can help.

Back