***Online Dream List***

chem1cal

WiiChat Member
Dec 7, 2007
Hey all,

Like most of you, I am an avid gamer who plays my Nintendo Wii with friends, family, and by myself when I need to kill time.

Throughout my gaming "life" I've notiiced that there is usually a thread that contains a "dream" or "wish" list. So, here is what I'd like to see happen with the Nintendo Wii. This isn't a rant or anything, it's just ideas I'd like to see put to use by Nintendo.

Better Communication
One reason I ever started playing online games was to socialize with my fellow gamers. That's why I'd love to see Nintendo create a headset for the Nintendo Wii for users to use online.

Now I know many parents feel that this would then expose their children to harsh obscenities, but there's ways around that. Parental controls and registration to use the headset are only a couple of ideas, and I know many people are tired of the lack of communication on the Nintendo.

This was my top priority on my dream list since I love to communicate.

Downloadable Content
One of the major flaws of the online play for the Nintendo Wii is the lack of downloadable content. For example, X-Box 360 users (and I think PS2/PS3 users) can download new songs and packs for Guitar Hero III, but the Nintendo Wii users are left in the dust. We get nothing, nada.

This could be due to the small hard drive the Nintendo Wii has. That is why my idea is for Nintendo to create a hard drive especially made for the Wii at an affordable price (maybe $40-$50?). The amount of space should probably be around 30gb, since that seems like enough to me.

Increased Utilization of the Wiimote
I think many people out there want to put their Wiimotes to heavier use. For example, possibly a medieval game where you use the Wiimote as a sword and the nunchuk as a shield. How about using your Wiimost as a lightsaber for a Star Wars game? Or a Samurai RPG game (online or offline, either would be cool [and Red Steel was a joke of a game]).

Even an online fencing game would be cool. Those are just my ideas, I am sure other people (you, the readers) have plenty more.

More Adult Games
I know what many parents are thinking already - "No", but hear me out.

With the ESRB company and other retailers (ex: Best Buy, Blockbuster, ect.) tightening up on selling on Mature games to underage kids, I think it is ok to have at least a few "more adult-like" games. If the companies aren't enough, you, the guardian, can always monitor what the child plays and buys.

I am saying this because the Nintendo Wii is a unique system, there's no doubt about it. Having more "adult-like" games would only broaden the player-base, at least it would in my mind. Think about how fun games like Bioshock or Urban Chaos would be on the Nintendo Wii!

Your input

Your input is not only appreciated, but it's essential to the life of this thread.

Stir up those minds and come out with ideas. If it weren't for ideas themselves, then we wouldn't even have consoles like the Nintendo Wii to begin with!

chem1cal said:
More Adult Games
I know what many parents are thinking already - "No", but hear me out.

With the ESRB company and other retailers (ex: Best Buy, Blockbuster, ect.) tightening up on selling on Mature games to underage kids, I think it is ok to have at least a few "more adult-like" games. If the companies aren't enough, you, the guardian, can always monitor what the child plays and buys.

I am saying this because the Nintendo Wii is a unique system, there's no doubt about it. Having more "adult-like" games would only broaden the player-base, at least it would in my mind. Think about how fun games like Bioshock or Urban Chaos would be on the Nintendo Wii!
Yeah, cuz it's TOTALLY more fun to shoot people with blood and gore and other things that give games "M" ratings then it is to play REAL games with good gameplay, music, and storyline. [/sarcasm]

I seriously don't understand why so many people are so obsessed with "Mature" games. Do they feel special that they're allowed to play a higher-rated game or what?

S.S. said:
Yeah, cuz it's TOTALLY more fun to shoot people with blood and gore and other things that give games "M" ratings then it is to play REAL games with good gameplay, music, and storyline. [/sarcasm]

I seriously don't understand why so many people are so obsessed with "Mature" games. Do they feel special that they're allowed to play a higher-rated game or what?

It's just more appealing to the older crowd.

If you can say that about "M" games, we can go the opposite way - why don't you play Barbie games? Other people do, but how come you don't? Because it's not your niche, right? Well, maybe other people's niche is more Mature-like games.

Now believe me, I don't think blood and gore makes a game great at all. But games like Socom and the GTA series, they are fictional and fun in my mind. The GTA series alone had a great story line.

Well ok, that's great if you play them for story and stuff: I can agree with that. I DO play GTA III, but I'm talking about the people who play it for the blood and gore etc etc...

S.S. said:
Well ok, that's great if you play them for story and stuff: I can agree with that. I DO play GTA III, but I'm talking about the people who play it for the blood and gore etc etc...

Yeah, I guess that can be pretty stupid. Manhunt was a pretty gruesome game, but I think it had a great storyline anyway. But I know which games you're talking about. I think games full of gore should HAVE to have a good storyline.

Agreed. It's good to know that you feel that way. I was a little worried after your first post. Thanks for clarifying ^_^

S.S. said:
Agreed. It's good to know that you feel that way. I was a little worried after your first post. Thanks for clarifying ^_^

No problem. I'm adamant about my views and ideas, but I also take constructive criticism well at the same time. Didn't mean to scare ya.

As for everyone else, I wanna see your ideas too!

Some games just don't feel the same without the blood. Don't get me wrong, I am not a sick kid that loves watching people die. It's just not realistic and i know for a fact that many people like realism in the games they play. I am not actually a fan of bloody games, but many people are and with the wiimote's potential the wii could be more than a family console but also a console for a more mature crowd.

As for my dream for the wii: Counter-Strike. As an ex CS gamer i think i would enjoy it with the wii's great arcade features. It wouldn't have to have a single player mode either. Just the classic maps and split-screen for multiplayer with bots and a good online mode (up to 32players).

Radio said:
As for my dream for the wii: Counter-Strike. As an ex CS gamer i think i would enjoy it with the wii's great arcade features. It wouldn't have to have a single player mode either. Just the classic maps and split-screen for multiplayer with bots and a good online mode (up to 32players).

CS would be pretty sick in my opinion. All I'd care about is online play as well for that. However, headsets would practically be necessary for a good CS experience.

And I suck when it comes to running and shooting on the Wii, but for CS, I'd practice.

You guys covered most of it ... I dont have a Wii yet so not shure ... Friends list...download demos...better shotter games...hard drive...headset...not friend codes user names like xbox live has

Radio said:
Some games just don't feel the same without the blood. Don't get me wrong, I am not a sick kid that loves watching people die. It's just not realistic and i know for a fact that many people like realism in the games they play. I am not actually a fan of bloody games, but many people are and with the wiimote's potential the wii could be more than a family console but also a console for a more mature crowd.
This is pretty true. There are some instances where it's neccessary for the proper effect. It's when it's in there because many people DO like blood that I have issues. For example, Gears of War was a fun game and I DID expect blood etc. But chainsawing people in half and looking at their guts? Come on now, that's just wrong.

I've heard of this game, but have never played it. If it's as good as everybody says, then I agree that it should be remade. Otherwise, their's some other possibilities that would be more memorable to me:

Kid Icarus - very likely considering Retro Studios is NOT working on another Metroid title and Kid Icarus is Metroid's "sister game" The appearance of Pit in SSBB also points towards this, but nothing confirmed yet.

Pokemon - we've seen impressive battle animations and promising online play in PB:R...now let's get a real game. Make a new world like one of the more popular titles (Pokemon Red/Gold/Ruby/Diamond etc) and slap it onto a first-person engine. Same mechanics etc, but through the eyes of the trainer. And make the Pokemon actually attack each other during battle for crying out loud.

Ice Climber - not like the original so much as an all-new game that gives the Ice Climbers a reason to exist despite many younger kids having not PLAYED the original game. Heck, if it weren't for the VC, even I wouldn't have the game!

You get the idea...I'm a bit depressed right now, so I'll post more some other time...

Bumperooni
Please don't bump unless you have something to add...

i cuz people like better graphics taske my friend for instence he can't play a game with bad graphics or normal graphics they gotta be good and compatable to HD

S.S. said:
Please don't bump unless you have something to add...

My bad.

Anyway, I like the Pokemon ideas. Although, if it came to it, I'd want it to be the old school Pokemon remade (Red, Blue, ect). I don't know anything about the newer ones after the original 152, and I believe that the amount they have now is excessive.

Now if there was a Pokemon MMO on Wii, somehow, then I'd pay for that for sure.

Think about it - catch Pokemon with a friend, battle friends, help each other with quests, create Pokemon leagues... I am letting my mind run wild here. Anyway, you get the idea.

Oh, yeah, and headsets please. That's what I want the most, hands down.

Back