online gamecube games using wii?

Byuakuya

Bleach & Heroes fan.
Jan 14, 2007
Soul Society
ok i want to play phantasy star online which came out on gamecube but i dont have a gamecube but i have a wii. can i play this game online using the wireless conenction in my house?

Wii support

While able to play the GameCube version of Phantasy Star Online offline, trying to access the online mode on Nintendo Wii will return an error, asking the user to connect a modem or broadband adapter to the "GameCube". Because there are no serial ports for these adapters, all past attachments similar to the modem/broadband adapter such as the GameBoy Player will not work on the Wii.

Taken from Wiki

When you select to play the GCN games on the wii, once you hit start the Wii acts like its a gamecube. That means theres no WiFi, Motion Sensor, nothing. Its just a plain jane GCN dressed up in a white suit.

thats exactly right all it does is have a built in GC emulator, much like the ps2 and its psone emulator.

Nope, theres no serial port for the DSL adapter for the GCN. If you want to play PSO or MK online you need to do so on the gamecube.

Back