online games

what continent do you live on?

if you live in north america the only game is pokemon

however mario strikers charged comes out in like 3 days

if you live in europe or australia, super mario strikers charged is already out

the selection is pretty small right now

Yeah, Not many games are playable online yet. I think nintendo is contemplating on how the online gaming will work. Like online games need a friend code to play them..theres no lobby or servers like on xbox or pc, if you have experience with those 2 online gaming systems

By the way, why is this in the Virtual Console section?

If you mean are there games you can download to your wii, then yes, you need to be online and have Wii Points (you can find these at toys r us, target, walmart, pretty much anywhere that sells games or toys) and then you can download them from the wii shop channel. But none of the games are playable online with other players. I hope this clears it up for you.

Last edited:
Yeah, like wiizorer mentioned previously, the current selection of online games is very small, but with time, I am sure there will be a lot more to choose from.

SixStringedStress said:
I wish the Virtual Console multiplayer games could be played online.
If only....

Maybe, eventually, but nowhere in the near future. Besides, Nintendo didn't have online games for the NES, SNES or N64 unless somebody bought an add-on or an item to allow it.

Anyway, online games:

UK: Mario Strikers: Charged
US: Pokemon Battle Revolution, Mario Strikers: Charged (July 31)

I think it could be done fairly easily. It could be a downloadable channel that gives you access VC library with friend codes, granted if both players have the same VC game.

If anything certain VC games might have increased sales because of online play. World Sports Competition amongst others could thrive with online multiplayer support

Back