Online Gaming with friends?

ryan_91

WiiChat Member
Jan 29, 2007
Ohio
Wii Online Code
0529-9432-7757-9856
Ok from what I have heard, we will get some online games this march, which will be awsome!! But im wondering if you would be able to play with your friends and set upprivate games like on x-box live with halo 2. I hope thats how it will work.
:) ;) :thumbsup:

Um, unfortunately, I think that is the only way that your going to be able to play. According to Nintendo, Wii online will use the friends code system just as the DS did (UGH!). You will have to add people to your friends list in order to play them online. That is what Japan is seeing for Pokemon Revolution and even better, you have to use a SEPARATE friends code on that game than your system code. Major bummer.

Nintendo really needs to work this out if they ever want to be taken seriously in online gaming. It was okay for DS because it was only a hand held system, but a console is a way different story.

Homesrfan said:
Um, unfortunately, I think that is the only way that your going to be able to play. According to Nintendo, Wii online will use the friends code system just as the DS did (UGH!). You will have to add people to your friends list in order to play them online. That is what Japan is seeing for Pokemon Revolution and even better, you have to use a SEPARATE friends code on that game than your system code. Major bummer.

That's only because that game interacts with the DS Pokemon game, which expects a 12 digit friend code. So the Wii basically has to make itself look like a DS for the DS game to be able to connect to it.

Elebits does not have it's own friend code, it just uses your Wii address book entries.

what is the first online game to be released and when is it coming out?

anyone know?

hot_chili said:
what is the first online game to be released and when is it coming out?

anyone know?

blazing angels in march for 16 players online.

Nintendo has a lot of plans for online gaming. If they want to stay #1 they'll need to do well here. The Wii theme is linking people, so there may be a global game lobby where people meet and host games. We'll have to wait and see.

sagema said:
Nintendo has a lot of plans for online gaming. If they want to stay #1 they'll need to do well here. The Wii theme is linking people, so there may be a global game lobby where people meet and host games. We'll have to wait and see.

im with u on that one.

HelpMeGetWii said:
Yes i hope its very easy and fun to use. I hope its similar to steam :)
oh no. dont mention steam, too many bad memories. Oh how i loath steam.

HelpMeGetWii said:
lol how come?
i just really didnt like the interface. installing games was a disaster for me, and uninstalling them and such, i just didnt like it

Yeah. I love to play op4 hldm2 and css on steam.

Back