online gaming

maffmace

WiiChat Member
Aug 30, 2007
Leeds, UK
new here, Wii on ordered and not got it yet so sorry for the basic questions

is it true that for any online games you need to have people added as "friends"?
I don't know anyone who has a Wii and would prefer it to be like other online games where you can load up a game and find someone on line to play against/with

can anyone confirm/deny that this is how it works?
don't think I'll be playing any online games if that's how it works

cheers

the games that are currently online do need friend codes to play specific people, ]

but mario strikers charged, has two options play a specific person, which you need friend codes for, or play a random person which you dont need a code for.

more games later in the future will not be using this feature,

the likes of medal of honour heroes 2, confirmed it will not be using friends codes, (or it might do a bit of both, so u can keep track of mates)

it is mostly first party (nintendo made games) that use friends codes, where as third party games rarely do

if you are into online gaming and want it, fast, i would go for xbox 360 (which i find hard to set up online and currently have no online on my 360 but do on my wii) , or get the wii and wait a while for more online

Last edited:
cheers david, the Wii is on order, not getting it just for online gaming, but I want the possibility

thanks for clearing it up

360 is definitely the best for online gaming at the moment. Am hoping that Nintendo gets their act in gear and makes the online better soon, and hopefully adds in a communicator headset like the 360. Seriously hope they sort something like this out for Medal of Honour 2 as half the fun playing first person shooters online is trash talking your opponents.

I think it's due to Wii's intended audience and to safe-guard people's identities that they use the limiting Friend Code System. But I think it is too over protective, I mean kids are even taught "safe surfing" in school nowadays, yet gun crime involving youths is on the increase... Hopefully they will allow more random play and large scale play without the hindrance soon (as said by daviduk200, it's more In House development using Friends Codes). I personally have my PC solely for Online Gaming ... *Hides his World of Warcraft disk's from view* :lol:

Back