Online Help - College Wireless

chuccck

Wii Fitness Age: 22
Jan 16, 2008
Memphis
Wii Online Code
2295-5812-4746-3096
Hey guys, I was hoping you could help my girlfriend hook up the Wii to her wireless internet. She can see the connection fine when she goes to check for settings. The problem is that is WPA security that needs both a username and password. The incstructions also shows a domain name as well. Does anyone have any ideas how to get around it?

the domain name is only used if u r connecting to the network using ur account, this is use to access ur profile from the network, there should be a diff user name and password for the wireless without the domain.

ask around.....

~X

With WPA all you need is the security key. If it is "her internet" then she knows the key or else has access to the access point in order to change it.

Many people who set up wireless security also configure MAC address filtering as well (like myself), which would have to be set up on the router in order to allow the Wii to connect.

its not that she needs a user name and password to get past the security or anthing, but if you log onto it on the computer it goes straight to a settings page where she has to "log in" with a username and password. SO technically from a computer standpoint you can access the wireless without any passwords but to visit websites you have to have logged in with a UN and PW. See the problem?

i got it. We had to have the it people unlock her mac address like sremick suggested. All is good. Thanks guys!

Back