Online multi-player in the works?

OldSchoolGamer

WiiChat Member
Jan 23, 2007
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site and just bought my Wii this weekend and I have a couple of questions. Does Nintendo have anything in the works for online multi-player games? Something like being able to play friends in Wii sports or other titles using your wireless connection?

Hey mate, welcome to the site :wink:

They are working on online alright, it's suppose to be out in the next few months, cant remember the specific date. I'm pretty sure wii sports doesnt support it though, but lots of games that come out after its release should be supporting it

i 'think' i read that nintendo are aiming for online multiplayer for around june.

the first online multiplayer game is supposed to be the new pokemon game, and it has DS features too....(im still not buying it)

i read that there was a possibility of relelasing patches through channels to make some of the existing games multiplayer, but that doesnt sound as likely :frown2:

From what ive heard, March seems like the time when some online games are coming out [Batalion Wars 2 and Pokeman]

I'm hoping Blazing Angels will be online. A lot of places said that it will be but it still hasnt been officially said to have online. But the fact that it was supposed to be released at launch and it was pushed back till March is a good indication that they hooked it up with net play.

I heared Blazign Angels was going to be the first one relsead to be multi-player.. not sure mind

Redan499 said:
I'm hoping Blazing Angels will be online. A lot of places said that it will be but it still hasnt been officially said to have online. But the fact that it was supposed to be released at launch and it was pushed back till March is a good indication that they hooked it up with net play.

its been official said to be online in march the 20th.

Back