Online Multiplayer with Friends

StlAvsFan

WiiChat Member
Mar 30, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Hey everyone!

Last night my brother and I figured out how to play in the same games together from different Wiis (it was the first time we actually tired to do so). Unfortunately out of the 10 games we played together we were only able to play on the same team once (not what we had hoped for).

When I've played online I have noticed that other people that have identical parts of the first part of their names (STS-xxxxxxxx) play on the same team the whole time they are online. Are my brother and I doing something wrong that does not allow us to play on the same team or do we just have to be lucky to be able to play on the same team?

Thanks for your help!!!!

Hey everyone!

Last night my brother and I figured out how to play in the same games together from different Wiis (it was the first time we actually tired to do so). Unfortunately out of the 10 games we played together we were only able to play on the same team once (not what we had hoped for).

When I've played online I have noticed that other people that have identical parts of the first part of their names (STS-xxxxxxxx) play on the same team the whole time they are online. Are my brother and I doing something wrong that does not allow us to play on the same team or do we just have to be lucky to be able to play on the same team?

Thanks for your help!!!!

What this game does is balance out teams evenly between who's what level so one team dosent have an extra advantage.

BUT, if you and your bro want to insure or playing on the same team 90% of the time you have to invite one another to play. As long as you start the game with 4 6 or 8 people depending on how many people you invite you all will play on the same team reguardless of level.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replay!

He sent me an invite but it kept putting on on different teams (we tried it a few different times too). Were we just NOT in the 90% that you were talking about? :confused5:

Thanks again for your help!

its a lot more probable if one of you guys are the host. if you both join a game it will fill in on the open spots. then it will stay even. what john was referring to. we had 4 players, me lvl 42, a 56, a 38 and like a 37. we started and john was host. we played heroes against low 30's and 20's the whole time. it especially works better if your in team conflict and start. but ive found the key to it is as long as one of you are the host.

Ok thanks! Now I have another question....is the host selected randomly?
Is it wrong for us to keep trying to get on the same team after every battle (by this I mean back out AFTER the match is over and then have him send me another invite)?

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Is it wrong for us to keep trying to get on the same team after every battle?

Thanks again!

Yeah I left out the Host part, my bad. Host is selected randomly by the Wii server. But its more likely for you to become host of a game if you send an invitation out to your friend/friends. Cause what it does once your friends joined your party and you choose a game you will open up a new game and others will join the game making you the host. If you are the first name on the list when everyone is choosing which map to play you are host and you will stay host until you leave.

I forgot to answere your other question. No it isn't wrong to always want to be on the same team. That's how you kick ass! That's why you have the choice to invite up to three more players, so you can go on team conflict, heroes and team license to kill and as long as you're host you will always be on the same team.

Last edited:

Thanks again!

Yeah I left out the Host part, my bad. Host is selected randomly by the Wii server. But its more likely for you to become host of a game if you send an invitation out to your friend/friends. Cause what it does once your friends joined your party and you choose a game you will open up a new game and others will join the game making you the host. If you are the first name on the list when everyone is choosing which map to play you are host and you will stay host until you leave.

I forgot to answere your other question. No it isn't wrong to always want to be on the same team. That's how you kick ass! That's why you have the choice to invite up to three more players, so you can go on team conflict, heroes and team license to kill and as long as you're host you will always be on the same team.

Ok thank you so much! We play the Goldeneye Game (I'm sure that has nothing to do with why we couldn't play on the same team...right?)
I think he was the host last night a few times, but I don't remember for sure.

So I am just going to assume that we were having bad luck last night (your thoughts too?) He and I will probably try it again tonight and I hope we have better success than last night!

Thanks for clearing up the host thing. I've read several different view points of it (some have said it is an internet speed issue and other have said it is at random...I think it might be both)

Thanks again!

Ok thank you so much! We play the Goldeneye Game (I'm sure that has nothing to do with why we couldn't play on the same team...right?)
I think he was the host last night a few times, but I don't remember for sure.

So I am just going to assume that we were having bad luck last night (your thoughts too?) He and I will probably try it again tonight and I hope we have better success than last night!

Thanks for clearing up the host thing. I've read several different view points of it (some have said it is an internet speed issue and other have said it is at random...I think it might be both)

Oh yeah I forgot about goldeneye and blackbox. I don't play them much. Well I am just telling you from my experience playing teams. I always invite friends and viseversa and about 90% of the time we are always on the same team.

Back