Online Play Popularity

Xepher__

Stepmania God
Nov 21, 2006
Canada
Wii Online Code
0529-9620-6806-4914
So judging from the way everything with the Wii is going right now, how popular do you think online play will be when it arrives? Personally, I bought the Wii not only because of the controls, but because I am down right sick on PC gaming, with all the hacks, repetition of game genres, and time sinks that MMOs require. I'm pretty much hoping the Wii will replace online computer gaming for me, and personally I see thousands upon thousands of people playing CoD3, Red Steel (hopefully), and definitely SSBB online + whatever great titles come out by then.

What do you all think?

I think if it uses a different system than The nintendo DS Wi-Fi it will realy kick in. For a handheld system the "find 4 random people" works. But for the Wii's online games I want a lobby system. I'm used to things like Socom when you can look for games that you want to play. It adds more of a social aspect to online gaming.

Does anyone have an Idea of when Online wii be enabled on the Wii, I am geing COD3 for sristmas, and getting SSBB when it comes out and im wondering because the will both be great games for online

Very good topic. It seems that, for most of us, online play is one of the main things we look for in a system. Games like World of Warcraft and Guild Wars were even being accused of killing the gaming market for awhile. I don't think Nintendo will turn a blind eye to this. I think if they want to stay successfull (and they have a good chance this generation), they are going to have to deliver as much content for our dollar as possible.

I heard there is a headset that u put on lie xbox 360 and that its wireless you just put the USB conecter in the slot and it works.. so does anyone know whne is coming out?

I got the wii for the cool controls and for the prospect of getting online games so i can finally play a game with NO HAX... i hate cheaters!!

I cant wait for a redsteel genre online game. Or battalion wars II with online battles

NINTENDO I LOVE YOU I grew up with you baby youve been in my life For such a long time

Im going to take a hopeful guess of late january, early february. But we know how gaming companies work..Could be as late as march..

Ive heard other ppl saying it wil be in a week or two becuase on shop channel it says comign soon soooo yeah

Wolf Form Link said:
Ive heard other ppl saying it wil be in a week or two becuase on shop channel it says comign soon soooo yeah
That's the internet channel, not online gaming. Anyway, I hope it will be popular. I hope it will be a lobby system and not just "you have to have the other person's friend code, and vice-versa", although it will probably come to that.

I think lobby systems are pretty much required nowadays. I think the DS is in a different situation, because its a small system, its not nearly as big a project as the Wii.

For online, I could see you clicking the channel to play the game in the drive, and then having the ability to view channels where people have hosted games. Who knows though.

Back