Online with dial-up

E-Roc2010

"Sasuke it to the max"
Feb 2, 2007
Wii Online Code
7990-7908-6210-2287
Hello everyone. I believe I have a dial-up internet. My computer is connected wirelessly to my father's computer for my internet. So if I buy the Wii, what will I need to go online and what would you prefer?

Hmm, I doubt you have dial-up internet if your computer is connected wirelessly. Probably something like DSL.

I'd ask your dad to confirm what type of internet you have, a dial-up connection will not work with the wii.

yea i just talked to my dad we have comcast (DSL) so I'll just get the Nintendo Wifi adapter

I don't have a Wii plan to get one on March 9 my b-day umm i just read about the Opera browser does that mean it will be free after March until June

if you dads com is coneted wierless the you dont need the adapter just surch fot the ackses point

for real thanx i owe you big

Wireless dial up is possible. I have it. You just have to turn on Internet conection sharing and plug it in to a router and tell your compters to use that computer as the gateway. Or if you wanted to take it to the next level like i did, you can change ur router's dhcp settings to use a diffrent dns server and a diffrent gateway. once you do that you will be all set and able to use dhcp. IMO thats the way to go with the wireless dial up.

bumbeh said:
Wireless dial up is possible. I have it. You just have to turn on Internet conection sharing and plug it in to a router and tell your compters to use that computer as the gateway. Or if you wanted to take it to the next level like i did, you can change ur router's dhcp settings to use a diffrent dns server and a diffrent gateway. once you do that you will be all set and able to use dhcp. IMO thats the way to go with the wireless dial up.
how long does it take for updates?

Cuse my cable provider is a ass and the telco charges out the rear for dsl. And i work for the isp that i have do i dont even pay for my dial up. Once i move i will get high speed. That might be in a month or so. so untill then i wil use my wireless dial up and just say that i am diffrent.

bumbeh said:
Cuse my cable provider is a ass and the telco charges out the rear for dsl. And i work for the isp that i have do i dont even pay for my dial up. Once i move i will get high speed. That might be in a month or so. so untill then i wil use my wireless dial up and just say that i am diffrent.
fair point.

My wii works on Dial-up also. Got a wifi usb dongle, plugged it in and the wii picked it up instantly. Works pretty good actually. My updated took only 30 -45 mins to do. Can download pretty much anything aswell. Just takes a tad bit longer. Even using the internet browser is quicker on the wii than it is on my pc!

Back