Online with dial up?

Actually some of the more modern 56k connections are comparable to some DSL.

It helps that 56k is now the minority, less cloggage of the lines and such. But it's definatly not the complete crap it used to be.

Ya. Mine isn't that bad and our telephone lines are getting upgraded tonight! That means a better connection and the possibility for highspeed!

I might have to do this, do not have broadband yet. But I will have it soon. I will share my dial up wirelessly. Just get a cheap router, since everything will be in one room I do not need to worry about distances.

Whilst I do think that getting broadband if possible is a good idea, I don't think anyone should be alienated because they don't have/cannot get broadband.

I've seen a video of the supposed Mario Kart DS playing online over 56K. As long as you don't use too much bandwidth with everything else, I think it should be fine. Heck, if they can fit 8 Mii's into a 4kb space, surely they'd be able to send data along 56K line?!

You can see footage here
[MEDIA]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9152691022363181921[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
MetroidZ said:
c'mon, u can get very cheap broadband connections these days.
Depends on which ISP and what you consider cheap. In the sparce population areas (such as Cornwall), there are very few choices around. Heck, I'm lucky enough to have 1.1mb broadband, let alone anything speedier!

Just if someone is gona get it make sure its unlimted (not that pipex 1 gig a mounth I download that a day)

Get broadband dude, will improve your gameplay x 10000's
1000th Post contributed to WiiChat.. woo
c'mon, u can get very cheap broadband connections these days.

I want to get high speed but the only thing that I can get where I live is Comcast and it costs $50 a month and I don't want to spend that much.

Well I was complaining to my parents about how shitty our internet is and they said if I can get all my grades to at least B's then they will get Comcast for me. So hopefully I can do that and I won't have to worry about geting on with dial up or spending a shitload of money on internet because my parents would be paying for it.

Back