Online with dial up?

lol im in 7th grade, i take 9th grade math and 8th grade science, english, and social studies... how hard are your classes really?

Well they are hard for me sinc I'm not a nerd like you. And its really hard to get a good grade in geography cuz I got my teacher really pissed off last year and now he hates me and if there is any way he can get me a lower grade on something he will do it. And I suck really bad at math even though I'm in algebra for the second time and should be in geometry. And in english the past two years I had a stupid teacher that didn't teach you anything and just told you to read the whole period so I didn't learn anything in 7th or 8th grade english and now I have a teacher that actually makes you do stuff and I don't know anything cuz I was supposed to have learned a whole bunch of stuff already. I have all B's or A's except 2 C's that I can't get up.

oh ok whatevs at leaast you haev an excuse... haha jk

i know what its like to have a stupid teacher, last year my science teacher was stupid as ****

Well this teacher was more than just stupid. She would pretend to have a pet rat and she would chase it through the halls, she would talk to herself and all kinds of other crap. And last year towards the end of the school year the principal told her that he thinks she needs to go get mental help so she started crying and ran away. We had to have a sub for her class for the rest of the year. I'm surprised she even came back this year.

I didn't really want to bump this, but know I feel like I should. First, I have dial-up not by choice but because it is all that is available here in my small town. Second, it will work yes? And third is aimed at paintballer, if you ever need help with math or science or anything you can pm me, id be glad to help!

paintba||er said:
Well no one else has ever said anything to me about it. And usually my ping is under 200 so it must not be too bad.

That's probably acceptable for console games, for example MK-DS does not require high bandwidth cause there's a maximum of four players per match and I think all consoles that have this automatic player search compares line speeds and team up people with equally slow lines.

About the guy that said that 56k has gotten faster,, yeah right 56k is 56k there is no way that it can get faster than that.

Btw. the 200 ping thing, for PC multiplayer games thats probably the most common auto kick ping limit used, everything close to 150 in for example Battlefield2 with a 64 player map will lag the hell out of the game due to the fast paced nature of the game and complicity of the maps.

Actually... thats not nessecarily true. You can connect at 56k but not get a true 56k connection due to several factors. If any of those factors are eliminated, your connection will become closer to the actual read speed. Because all of our 40 year old phonelines were replaced, they can send data much quicker. I used to connect at 56k and this page took forever to load. Now it only takes a couple seconds, and our phones work a lot better!

If you can get dialup, you can probably get ISDN, which is basically a dual line dialup. 128 or 256k. Not bad. Definately better than 56k. We were running it for about half a year while we waited for ADSL to be activated.

Are you serious. Nintendo is going to alow 56k?!? What is this, 1991? I believe that will only make servers extrememly laggy.

DarkDepths said:
Actually... thats not nessecarily true. You can connect at 56k but not get a true 56k connection due to several factors. If any of those factors are eliminated, your connection will become closer to the actual read speed. Because all of our 40 year old phonelines were replaced, they can send data much quicker. I used to connect at 56k and this page took forever to load. Now it only takes a couple seconds, and our phones work a lot better!

That's true, I just taught that phonelines arround the globe where good enough to handle 56k, I remember using analog modems over 10 years ago and at that time here in Finland I was able to get a decent 56k connection with a good modem. Biggest problem was that the modems fried about twice a year from lightning striking somewhere on the lines.

BTW, don't you have a possibility to use GPRS, edge or 3G? Even with the quite basic edge GPRS you should be able to get a 756k line I think. operators in finland even sell these data packages with a monthly fee with unlimited transfer rates.

Cat Pi 3.14 said:
Uh.. how about DSL, i really want to know if you can axsess the internet and onlie games via DSL

DSL Still runs through a standard CAT-5 cable so yes, you should have absolutely no problem.

DSL isn't a satellite from my experiences. Satellite internet uses satellites. ADSL/SDSL/DSL are cabled broadband services. Much like Cable, but with a lot less bandwidth, thus slower speeds.

The only thing anyone has to worry about when connecting to the Wii-net, is whether or not they have a wireless router, or at least a router if you use the cable solution. Assuming you have a router connected to your dialup you should be able to connect aswell.

Ok I am sick of everyone bashing on dialup users. Some of us have absolutely no choice because dialup is all that is available here. We don't even have ISDN here and I would like to be able to play a mortal kombat game online. Surely nintendo won't leave the few of us out that still have to stick with dialup because I imagine a game like mortal kombat would be simple on dialup.

Back